DVDVR Message Board

DC TV - 2021

14 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

I gotta tell ya, speaking as the biggest Legends of Tomorrow fan here and the co-host of a LoT podcast, the new one might have been the best episode they've done so far. It was amazing.

We're watching it now and I hate to break it to you, old bean, but the wife absolutely hates one-dimensional stoner Behrad, to the point where I could see her refusing to watch the show because of him. 

When Gideon Guys gets to this season we will definitely have a bit where we judge each stoner Behrad on a scale of 1 to 10. There's been some twos so far but this one was an 8. We'll come up with system. 
We do a bit called " How Many Capones?" where we judge the performances of actual historical figures from 1 to 10 Capones, 1 being best and ten being worst, based on the season two Al Capone actor who was mind bogglingly bad. 

I just like seeing a stoner Superhero. Weed slowly becoming legal everywhere now still blows my mind. Early seasons of LoT had Mick being allowed to be drunk all the time and now it's Behrad being stoned all the time. Now Dom Purcell is drunk all the time and making an ass out of himself on Instagram.

31 minutes ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

We do a bit called " How Many Capones?" where we judge the performances of actual historical figures from 1 to 10 Capones, 1 being best and ten being worst, based on the season two Al Capone actor who was mind bogglingly bad. 

Was that the least Kennedy Kennedy ever during the Cuban Missile Crisis episode or what? They would have done better getting Ken Anderson.

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

Was that the least Kennedy Kennedy ever during the Cuban Missile Crisis episode or what? They would have done better getting Ken 

I can't wait to Capone the Kennedys. I loved Castro getting high on gummies with Behrad. So many Capones on that one.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Like 1

I was getting big-time Superman 1 vibes from this episode, at least in the first half.   Man do I love this show.

And it hasn't been said in a bit but Tyler Hoechlin is SO FUCKING GOOD as Superman!  Yes the emphasis is warranted as his work as Clark/Kal-El makes him so incredibly likeable and had me smiling throughout the first half.   Then shit got real and I'm really curious to see what happens next.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 2

I thought this week’s Legends was great, but yeah, I think Behrad is easily the worst character.

I’m finally catching up on Superman and Lois (I think I have this week’s and next week’s to go), and it feels like it is hitting its stride.  My only quibble is that the evil Kryptonian Invasion angle seems played out.

• Like 1

I didn't realize that we already had the David Ramsey directed episode of S&L a few weeks ago(the John Henry Irons reveal episode), and it was pretty dang good. Just read that Tom Cavanagh is directing the finale, which is super cool.  This show is still the only Arrowverse show that I active look forward to every week, even though I'm not nuts about the reveal of who Morgan Edge really is.  I'm also a little frustrated at how much they are doing to ignore that Supergirl exists(though I'm sure she'll get a mention in the John Diggle episode).

Legends has still been fun, but I'm with y'all on Behrad, mostly because I just never find stoner characters funny. I am so glad that Sara and Mick are back on the trip so we can get some proper adventures now.

Is Batgirl worth catching up on?  I watched the first couple eps and drifted away.  Kinda interested in what they do with the Kate Kane stuff.  Any chance she might become the lead character again?  Apparently, the showrunner announced that Dougray Scott won't be returning next year, which makes me thing maybe they're going to jettison the Kane family connection for good.

Thanks.

I was just about to mention the show as I finished up on the season finale.  But I say Batwoman is well worth checking out despite the super rough start to the season.

Spoiler

For all the commotion about Kate returning I think they handled it really well.  After fully coming back she found a new purpose to find Bruce which helps make sure they don't undo the progress they made with Ryan.  And for Ryan the discussion the two had felt like an extension of the the show itself believing in her as the new Batwoman.  Which is great because I think she's been doing a pretty great job and now that Kate's out the focus can fully be on her which after all this is really needed.

It was almost heartbreaking seeing Alice's redemption story end up with her back at Arkham.  I mean she does have to pay for her crimes but at the same time I hope this doesn't undo the progress they made to bring the Beth out of Alice.  Will be curious to see how she fares next season as she's been one of the more compelling characters of all the DC CW shows.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't go so far as to say it has saved the season or anything, but the last 3-4 episodes of Flash have been noticeably better than the earlier stuff. I hate to say it, but the lack of Iris has helped.

• Like 2

Candice Patton/Iris was my least favorite element of the early seasons.  I can't comment about later seasons.  I haven't watched much of the show the past 3-4 years.

I still don't buy Barry marrying his stepsister (I think Joe adopted him, right?).  I realize the characters aren't related by blood, but they were raised as siblings.  Wife and I thought that was the biggest sour note in a pitch perfect first season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eoae said:

Candice Patton/Iris was my least favorite element of the early seasons.  I can't comment about later seasons.  I haven't watched much of the show the past 3-4 years.

I still don't buy Barry marrying his stepsister (I think Joe adopted him, right?).  I realize the characters aren't related by blood, but they were raised as siblings.  Wife and I thought that was the biggest sour note in a pitch perfect first season.

Joe didn't adopt him. It's Foster Sibling love that's been a source of lots of jokes on Gideon Guys, the Legends of Tomorrow podcast I host with my friend Travis. 

3 hours ago, JonnyLaw said:

I finally got around to starting Stargirl season 1. Four episodes in, and it’s among the best DC/CW shows so far I think.

It's wonderful. It's an all ages show mixed with JSA. I adore that first season, and I won't spoil it for you, but the Season two villains in the promo out there are dope.