DVDVR Message Board

DC TV - 2021

5 minutes ago, RandomAct said:

This week was the best episode of Flash, in what feels like forever. Barry breakdancing is something I didn't know I needed until it happened. Really sweet sendoff for Cisco.

Yeah, it felt nice to have “OG Team Flash” interact more for once.  Hopefully the newbies get more focus and shine next season, because when they were talking about needing a big light source, I had completely forgotten Allegra had powers.

hasn't Batman fucked Catwoman in the comics, like, multiple times? and Black Canary? And made out with Poison Ivy? And had sex with Batgirl in The Killing Joke animated movie? Granted those were implied, I guess, but still. I highly doubt the people on the Harley Quinn show were going to show Batman going down on Catwoman in graphic detail.

Such a weird hill to die on for DC, in my opinion. Marvel had Deadpool do this exact thing in a live action movie, AND get pegged by his girlfriend. C'mon, I thought we were past this shit.

EDIT: Oh, and the Harley Quinn show is by far the best thing DC has put out in the last decade. Fight me.

Edited by Casey
  • Like 1

On the subject of Harley Quinn, the second season finally arrives in the UK next Monday. I've looked forward to it having really enjoyed the first season. The bad language and violence took some getting used to, it's the most in both that DC's ever done in an animated series.

57 minutes ago, Casey said:

hasn't Batman fucked Catwoman in the comics, like, multiple times?

yes, yes he has. I mean its honestly such a weird complaint this late in for a show they are specifically making for adults.

• Like 2

For 50 years, Bats wore long-sleeves and body armor while his sidekick fought crime in.... er...tiny, tight-fitting swim trunks.  I mean, if DC didn't expect me to conclude that Batman was a selfish lover with weird sexual hang-ups, I don't know what to say.  Obviously, they don't want the scene in Harley Quinn because real superheroes only do it off panel as a metaphor for doing it in the dark.  Among other things.

BTW, am I the only person disturbed by the panel Natural posted?  Bats and Cats are clearly post-coitus and Bats is wearing his costume.  And his mask.  Yep, that's normal.  Completely normal.  No hang-ups here.  No siree, Bob.

He looks happy.  God, i hope he's not picturing tiny green swim trunks.

Gail Simone is right.  This is never going to be not funny.  I fully expect to have trouble reading Batman back issues.  I'm already picturing a Denny O'Neill story where Bats and Robin got captured and put in big glass cylinders.  I mean, maybe the overly-elaborate deathtrap wasn't supposed to look like a phallic symbol, but...  

Edited by Eoae