DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JAN 2021

Dolfan in NYC

8 hours ago, Technico Support said:

Here's a weird one.  Does anyone recall a weird Youtube-only wrestling project that would have existed several years ago?  The matches looked like they took place in a warehouse and the AEW tie-in is that I remember it featured the Young Bucks playing a brother team and the plotline was they'd been partners at some point and one had recently come back to town and they were maybe feuding over a girl.  I believe the project was maybe related to Wrestling Society X or Wrestling Retribution Project, like it was a Youtube-only offshoot.  Any ideas?  The Bucks make no mention of it in their book but I swear I saw it.  Maybe this is some Mandela Effect shit and I saw an alternate universe at some point.

Was that the one that was shot on sitcom cameras or something weird like that so everything looked off?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Was that the one that was shot on sitcom cameras or something weird like that so everything looked off?

Sort of...I think it (Wrestling Retribution Project) was shot on high-end film cameras or RED cameras or something and it either didn't look right and/or it would have been too expensive to finish the project.  Something along those lines.

12 hours ago, zendragon said:

I like his work but the issue I feel that he's going to run into on the big stage is that he works a big man style and he's not all the big 

What's your definition of "big man?"  The guy is 6'5", 285 according to online sources (which, admittedly, could be worked). 

Just now, Technico Support said:

Sort of...I think it (Wrestling Retribution Project) was shot on high-end film cameras or RED cameras or something and it either didn't look right and/or it would have been too expensive to finish the project.  Something along those lines.

I thought you said it wasn't Wrestling Retribution! ?

11 minutes ago, Technico Support said:

What's your definition of "big man?"  The guy is 6'5", 285 according to online sources (which, admittedly, could be worked). 

If he's a legit 285 I'll eat my hat...also having seen him in person I think he's probably a few inches shorter than 6'5". If he showed up in AEW He'd be smaller than The Butcher, Cage, Luchasaurus, Hobbs, The Butcher and Wardlow. It would be like Mike Awesome he could work like a big man in ECW but that ability was diminished when he went to WCW and WWF

Edit: For a quick comparison google puts Brian Cage at 272, and that might be accurate because up close he is an absolutely massive human being and no way does Brody King out weight Brian Cage.

Edited by zendragon
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

The Bastard PAC vs. Eddie Kingston is the match In most looking forward to on AEW Dynamite. Don't forget Kenny Omega and The Young Bucks are also teaming up on the show.

I read that the Good Brothers may be teaming with Kenny because of Nick getting banged up last week.

• Thanks 1

After having a COVID denier on his podcast last week, this week Jericho has an actual doctor on the show to talk about COVID and the vaccine. In that episode, Jericho says he tested positive in September.

So that's Lance Archer, Nick Jackson and Chris Jericho that all had COVID around the same time I believe. And I want to say QT Marshall was around that time too?

So Jericho almost certainly caught it at Sturgis, right? Or one of the stupid indoor shows he did in August. Really wish Jericho’s dumb ass would have released that info instead of doubling down on how ‘safe’ it was, who knows how many got sick because he didn’t want to look stupid at the time. What a dipshit.

• Like 3

Weird question about last night's Dark ...

What was the deal with that "manager" in Tesha Price's corner? Tesha's introduction wasn't shown (which was a bit odd), Taz made a fleeting reference to the guy being called "Bro Jones," and all the guy did for five minutes was yell and scream.

Outside of Taz's comment, there was no mention of the manager at all during the match, and it was quite noticeable for someone's introduction to be completely edited out of the broadcast, so I'm curious what happened there.

• Like 1

I think we need to talk about the Indie dude on Dark whose gimmick is literally “Man of Steel.”  I mean, I guess that probably works on your local Indies, but surely he knows that there is no growth potential for that gimmick and the second he gets any notoriety, DC is going to be all up in his ass with a cease and desist letter.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, colonial said:

Weird question about last night's Dark ...

What was the deal with that "manager" in Tesha Price's corner? Tesha's introduction wasn't shown (which was a bit odd), Taz made a fleeting reference to the guy being called "Bro Jones," and all the guy did for five minutes was yell and scream.

Outside of Taz's comment, there was no mention of the manager at all during the match, and it was quite noticeable for someone's introduction to be completely edited out of the broadcast, so I'm curious what happened there.

I must be out to lunch because I thought that was AJ Hirsch (or whatever he called himself in Hoodslam) for a good while.  And if I'm wrong he sure reminded me of him.  Either way it was strange they didn't mention anything about him.

1 hour ago, Godfrey said:

So Jericho almost certainly caught it at Sturgis, right? Or one of the stupid indoor shows he did in August. Really wish Jericho’s dumb ass would have released that info instead of doubling down on how ‘safe’ it was, who knows how many got sick because he didn’t want to look stupid at the time. What a dipshit.

I like Chris Jericho but doing a concert during a global pandemic with no social distancing/masks was and still is fucking stupid. Indefensible.

• Like 1

Jericho didn't miss any tapings, did he? How did he get into the building if he was Covid positive? AEW tests.

Also it does give the lie to the idea that only the old and unhealthy have to worry about covid, if Jericho was asymptomatic and Nick Jackson (19 years younger and in much better shape) was bedridden for three weeks and took months to get his wind back.

Edited by AxB
  • Like 1