DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JAN 2021

Dolfan in NYC

15 hours ago, The Natural said:

Yikes. I am generally pretty positive when it comes to all things AEW, but that Awards Show was some third-rate low-rent painfully unfunny bullshit. I honestly wonder what the story is there. If you are going to half-ass a thing to that extent, why even bother doing it?

• Like 2

Beach Break - Tag Team Battle Royal

• The Young Bucks (if they win, they pick their opponents for the pay-per-view)
  • FTR
  • Jurassic Express
  • Private Party 
  • Top Flight
  • Chris Jericho & MJF
  • Evil Uno & Stu Grayson
  • Sammy Guevara & Jake Hager
  • Santana & Ortiz
  • The Acclaimed

So who wins this?

My guess would be Jericho & MJF. They win Battle Royal and lose to Young Bucks at Revolution to cause the break up of Inner Circle as MJF blames Jericho for the loss. 

If not Jericho & MJF I would guess it would be Young Bucks and they would go on to pick their opponents at Revolution.

15 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

So I understand that podcast discussion should go in the appropriate thread but in this case I feel it's best to bring it up here.

If you liked/loved Brodie in any way please check the podcast with Amanda as soon as you can.  There were some light moments because she's been really strong throughout the whole thing.  But when it gets heavy it hits like a ton of bricks and she goes into detail about what happened.  So that should put to bed any rumors about COVID or something like that.  And I wish that fucker from the Torch was still on Twitter so I can tell him to go fuck himself.

But the other key thing is Amanda also mentioned how much not just AEW but the Mayo Clinic went above and beyond do what they could to help.  She had a lot of great people there for her.  I also think that much more of Cody and Big E who were there per her request when they told Brodie Jr about the death.

And the thing that really got me was due to COVID Amanda said the tribute show was his funeral.  Which makes sense considering how really well done everything was.  But knowing that we were watching Brodie's funeral just hit so fucking hard.

Anyway, I can't recommend it enough but please listen to the episode.  And maybe have some tissues on hand.

Wanted to quote @NikoBaltimore's recap (thank you for it, ditto for @WholeFnMachine) with what Tony Schiavone and Aubrey Edwards had to say. Lovely sentiments and photo.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, El Gran Gordi said:

Yikes. I am generally pretty positive when it comes to all things AEW, but that Awards Show was some third-rate low-rent painfully unfunny bullshit. 

So basically every awards show, ever?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, El Gran Gordi said:

Yikes. I am generally pretty positive when it comes to all things AEW, but that Awards Show was some third-rate low-rent painfully unfunny bullshit. I honestly wonder what the story is there. If you are going to half-ass a thing to that extent, why even bother doing it?

If you remember me saying about looking up Kingston/Archer after a couple brewskis I saw this right after that match.  I would say that kind of helped me not go full "WTF was that shit?"  But at least it didn't clog up time on Dynamite.

• Like 1

Meltzer mentioned in the new WON that Penta El Zero M won't be able to appear for AEW until he gets a visa issue worked out (and that he had been injured but is now able to return)

From the website recap

In this week's Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer reported that Penta El Zero M is cleared to return to action in AEW, but needs to resolve a visa issue first.

Meltzer said that Penta was injured "for a while" in 2020, but didn't go into details as to what the injury was. The character's last appearance was on the January 20th Dynamite being injured backstage by Kenny Omega and the Good Brothers. However, Meltzer said it wasn't the real Penta that was being attacked.

Meltzer said that Penta is sorting out a via issue and will be back once that is resolved. 

14 hours ago, Flair’s Shadow said:

The Young Bucks (if they win, they pick their opponents for the pay-per-view)

So who wins this?

I would guess The Bucks win so they can be "forced" to chose The Good Brothers and advance that angle.

Was watching some Network the other day and realised that Cody's "give the young up and comer 80% of the match before killing him dead with my finish" is a carbon copy of the Brock matches with AJ/Bryan/Punk formula.

Aside from disliking it so much because its an incredibly disingenuous way of making a new guy look good, its also clearly been done in a far better way with a guy who far better suits the format.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2021 at 4:15 AM, Flair’s Shadow said:

• The Young Bucks (if they win, they pick their opponents for the pay-per-view)
  • FTR
  • Jurassic Express
  • Private Party 
  • Top Flight
  • Chris Jericho & MJF
  • Evil Uno & Stu Grayson
  • Sammy Guevara & Jake Hager
  • Santana & Ortiz
  • The Acclaimed

So who wins this?

My guess would be Jericho & MJF. They win Battle Royal and lose to Young Bucks at Revolution to cause the break up of Inner Circle as MJF blames Jericho for the loss. 

If not Jericho & MJF I would guess it would be Young Bucks and they would go on to pick their opponents at Revolution.

Evil Uno/Stu Grayson win the Tag Team Battle Royal and beat the Young Bucks at Revolution for the AEW World Tag Team Championship? Think it's too soon for the Bucks to drop the belts. Not sure whether I prefer Uno/Grayson or John Silver/Alex Reynolds. I do know that both combinations are great.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Natural said:

Evil Uno/Stu Grayson win the Tag Team Battle Royal and beat the Young Bucks at Revolution for the AEW World Tag Team Championship? Think it's too soon for the Bucks to drop the belt. Not sure whether I prefer Uno/Grayson or Silver/Reynolds. I do know that both combinations are great.

Agreed that it's too soon for the Bucks to drop the tag titles, but when the time comes, I hope it's Uno and Grayson winning them. Maybe after a Bucks heel turn that reveals they're on the same page as Kenny and the Good Brothers with the whole Bullet Club "reunion".

I'm still holding out hope that Blood & Guts will be the former BC members vs. Adam Page & the Dark Order.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Agreed that it's too soon for the Bucks to drop the tag titles, but when the time comes, I hope it's Uno and Grayson winning them. Maybe after a Bucks heel turn that reveals they're on the same page as Kenny and the Good Brothers with the whole Bullet Club "reunion".

I'm still holding out hope that Blood & Guts will be the former BC members vs. Adam Page & the Dark Order.

Thank you. I do think one of Uno/Grayson or Silver/Reynolds should be the next AEW World Tag Team Champions. That's the Blood and Guts line-up I want with Adam Page as a fully fledged member of the Dark Order. Will it be four or five to a team? Guessing five so you get all of Kenny Omega/Matt Jackson/Nick Jackson/Luke Gallows/Karl Anderson vs. Adam Page/John Silver/Alex Reynolds/Evil Uno/Stu Grayson.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Ibushi called out Kenny via subtweet (that's what Nakazawa's tweet is) and Kenny responded with the following (also translated by baby oil boy):

Kenny : Oh, so the new God still has a soul after all... I’m touched. Already feeling lonely in the Kingdom I left for you? Shall I destroy it? Take my hand, we’ll build a new one.

Ibushi then called out Nakamura today too. He's feeling froggy.