DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JAN 2021

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, Leonidas said:

Didn't Jericho have a really gassed match with OC around that time, where he botched the mousetrap? Everyone thought he was just hungover.

Yes Jericho-OC 2 was right after Sturgis and everyone thought Jericho was having an off night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andy in Kansas said:

Cody Rhodes vs Peter Avalon added to next week's Dynamite. Finally, a chance to shine up Cody. 

Okay, as much as I am in the anti-Cody bandwagon, that's going to be amazing. 

• Like 1

So next week's Dark has both Jon Cruz and Serpentico working. That's a first, isn't it?

Cruz is tagging with Danny Limelight vs Santana & Ortiz, in the most Puerto Rican match AEW has done so far. Whilst Chaos Project are against the Lucha Brothers.

• Haha 1

I'm fairly certain Cruz has done double duty before, recently in fact. I feel like it was brought up in one of these monthly AEW threads.

Anyway, Nyla Rose has come into contact who tested positive for COVID, so she's out for 2 weeks at least.

14 hours ago, Casey said:

I'm fairly certain Cruz has done double duty before, recently in fact. I feel like it was brought up in one of these monthly AEW threads.

Anyway, Nyla Rose has come into contact who tested positive for COVID, so she's out for 2 weeks at least.

Damn, was looking forward to her vs Hirsch

17 hours ago, AxB said:

So next week's Dark has both Jon Cruz and Serpentico working. That's a first, isn't it?

Dark 5/19/20
Luther > Jon Cruz, Darby Allin > Serpentico

Dark 9/22/20
Will Hobbs > Serpentico, Gunn Club > M'Badu & Cruz  (results just list him as Cruz and i'm not watching the show to verify)

Dark 12/1/20
Peter Avalon > Jon Cruz, Chaos Project > Alex Chamberlain & Seth Gargis

edit: i watched the episode. definitely not Jon Cruz.

Edited by twiztor

On 1/14/2021 at 9:54 PM, Andy in Kansas said:

Cody Rhodes vs Peter Avalon added to next week's Dynamite. Finally, a chance to shine up Cody. 

This makes perfect sense. Who better to enter Pretty Peter's Pageant Provocation than "Dashing" Cody Rhodes? Maybe he'll get a signed 8x10 out of it.

• Like 3