DVDVR Message Board

2021 IMPACT WRESTLING THREAD

https://cultaholic.com/posts/report-impact-wrestling-to-sign-killer-kelly

Report: IMPACT Wrestling To Sign Killer Kelly

She Made Her Debut For The Company In November

IMPACT Wrestling will be reportedly adding Killer Kelly to their Knockouts division in the very near future. 

Kelly participated in a handful of IMPACT tapings in November while in the United States, impressing IMPACT officials, with Fightful Select reporting that there was an immediate interest in signing her to a full-time contract. 

Due to Kelly being from Portugal, a number of things required sorting out before signing officially with the company, and she returned home to Europe where she has been ever since. 

That interest, per the report, is still there from IMPACT and there are determined to sign Kelly to a contract and bring her to the States. However, having initially planned to return to the States in January, that has not been possible due to the Portuguese embassy being closed for interviews as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.

It seems, though, that Kelly will be appearing regularly on IMPACT Wrestling sooner or later. Kelly previously performed in NXT UK, competing in the 2018 Mae Young Classic.

• Like 1

https://www.sescoops.com/2021/05/tommy-dreamer-teases-more-njpw-stars-will-appear-on-impact-wrestling/

Tommy Dreamer Teases More NJPW Stars Will Appear on IMPACT Wrestling

working relationship between IMPACT Wrestling and NJPW is not a new thing. It was revealed back in February that the two promotions were working together. Since then, we have seen FinJuice (David Finlay and Juice Robinson) show up – and claim the IMPACT Wrestling tag titles, and El Phantasmo debuted last week.

However, that does not appear to be the end of the exchange. According to Tommy Dreamer, there are more NJPW stars heading towards an IMPACT Wrestling ring. With Slammiversary not far down the road, the mouths of IMPACT fans are watering at the prospect.

There are already a host of names linked to a spell on IMPACT, and they are not mid-carders either. Former heavyweight champions Tetsuya Naito and Kazuchika Okadahave been used in Slammiversary promos recently. Another name linked is former IMPACT X-Division Champion Sanada.

The open relationship shared between IMPACT Wrestling, NJPW and AEW are bound to give rise to a number of interesting feuds and fights. Could we even see a title from one promotion defended on the show of another against an opponent from a third?

Tommy Dreamer currently serves as a creative writer and producer for IMPACT Wrestling. Their borrowed NJPW talent has been booked strong thus far. It’s easy to foresee some of these former IMPACT stars return for a short stint.

3 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I know this is me being in the AEW bubble but I wonder what this means for their relationship with Impact.

I wondered the same thing. I also figured the relationship would be a "you scratch my back, I scratch yours" type of deal with some lesser Impact wrestlers getting some work on Dark or Elevation, but that hasn't really happened. And really, outside of Kenny and Private Party, I don't think anyone else has worked Impact. 

• Like 2

I feel it's been one-sided with the partnership.  I know Gallows and Anderson are there weekly but I was hoping to see some Impact folks that aren't affiliated with Kenny by now.  The fact that they couldn't even get Jordynne Grace to tear it up with the AEW women speaks volumes.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

The fact that they couldn't even get Jordynne Grace to tear it up with the AEW women speaks volumes.

Was this not by design? I would be surprise if Impact was willing to take a risk on their women's division being potentially lured away to AEW.

Well from what I remember their women's division was quite good.  I would have hoped they would have had them on Dynamite to entice them to have matches on Impact more.

Edited by NikoBaltimore