DVDVR Message Board

2021 IMPACT WRESTLING THREAD

Okay, just watched Hogan/Sting and that was pretty much what you said. They didn't really have to do much. The blood was necessary (I'm surprised Flair didn't bleed too), Hogan did fall three times, and of course he got his comeback pop. I mean it's Hogan of course he has to fight off I think five different guys in his sixties all by himself because he had to lose a match.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 8:11 PM, Casey said:

I think you're missing the (presumed) idea here. It wasn't to have Sammy join Decay, it was to have Sammy do whatever Black Tarus is going to end up doing on the tapings. That could be feuding with someone or winning a title or whatever.

EDIT: Also, Black Tarus was already with Decay for a few weeks now, so either way the story wouldn't have been Sammy replacing Tarus in Decay.

Black Taurus.

17 hours ago, Casey said:

It's Impact, nobody cares.

Sorry, Casey.

As much as everyone polices my posts to make fun of inaccuracies or tardy information, it felt good to be a spelling nazi.

https://www.ringsidenews.com/2021/03/07/impact-wrestling-scores-second-highest-ppv-number-in-seven-years-with-hard-to-kill/

Impact Wrestling Scores Second-Highest PPV Number In Seven Years With Hard To Kill

According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Impact Wrestling’s Hard To Kill event scored the second-highest pay-per-view buy rate since the company lost their deal with Spike in 2014.

The exact number of pay-per-view buys was not quoted. Hard To Kill was second only to last July’s Slammiversary event which was built around former WWE Superstars appearing. They used WWE’s massive April releases to sell pay-per-view buys, and they brought in several names in the process.

Impact announced today that next month's PPV, Rebellion with Omega/Swann, will move from Sat April 24 to Sunday April 25.

As mentioned elsewhere, the next Impact+ Special, Tommy Dreamer's Hardcore Justice on April 10 will air at 3 PM EST. 

2 hours ago, colonial said:

Eric Young out 6-9 months with torn ACL, per Observer

Here is the full blurb (with the news coming directly via EY)

Impact Wrestling's Eric Young will be out of action for several months due to a torn ACL.

During an appearance on the Wrestling Perspective Podcast, Young revealed that he suffered a torn ACL at Impact's most recent set of television tapings. Young said he'll be out of action for 6-9 months and is aiming to make it back in six months.

"At the last tapings I tore my ACL," Young said. "It's the first time I've ever been injured. I missed my first wrestling show this Friday that I was booked on in 24 years of doing it. So, it's frustrating, man. I've never been injured. I've been hurt lots, but I've never been injured. I have to have surgery in like a week and a half. And it's going to be a long, long road. So, we'll see, man. It's going to get real interesting for me."

Young said that he suffered the injury during a match against James Storm. Young finished the match and then wrestled two more times during the tapings.

"My ACL is completely torn, which I didn't know," Young said. "That happened on Monday during the match with Storm. I finished it like nothing happened. I wrestled a hardcore war eight-man tag the following day, then I wrestled Eddie Edwards on Tuesday in a singles match. It was like 20 minutes -- on one leg. And I would put that match against anything that airs anytime, for any wrestling company, anywhere in the world, and I did it on one leg. And I'm very proud of it."

While he doesn't know if he'll remain on television while recovering from injury, Young said he imagines that he will. Young is the leader of Impact's Violent By Design stable, with the group also including Joe Doering, Cody Deaner, and Rhino.

• Like 1

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/in-her-own-words-deonna-purrazzos-road-to-wrestling-stardom-131000830.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93cmVzdGxpbmdoZWFkbGluZXMuY29tLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAALZQ1FABWGMnV_iAm4pqeKfigVSsRLkkrHNXh29fwXM1VMh2oqT07ydL7pLRLNkPLV8j4dzWW7FUIXtn0r47OsmShI153j-DuXmrTXn7nAzrjkm6EnL6sJNaATlUq6yWb06rdY-NiyN_epxuI1VZDrTn2aDwxJ5ZhqZmtWY59Ar1

In her own words: Deonna Purrazzo's road to wrestling stardom

As part of Women's History Month, Yahoo Sports is highlighting stories and accomplishments from athletes both past and present. Deonna Purrazzo, 27, is the reigning IMPACT Wrestling Knockouts Champion and among the most talented performers in her industry. Here is her story — in her own words — of overcoming adversity in what was, until recently, a male-dominated business

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/lifestyle/bhupinder-singh-gujjar-who-has-signed-a-contract-with-impact-wrestling-is-raring-to-go-234439

Bhupinder Singh Gujjar, who has signed a contract with Impact Wrestling, is raring to go

Hailing from Punjab, Bhupinder Singh Gujjar is the second Indian to sign a contract with Impact Wrestling, earlier known as TNA, after Mahabali Shera. At 26, making a mark in a sport that consists of mostly western players and that too while living in a foreign country, Canada, he believes, “Once you set foot in a different country where no one knows you, loneliness strikes and you miss your family. But you got to do what drives you. I hope more professional leagues are made in India to promote wrestling, so that no Indian wrestler has to go to foreign lands.”

Tough period

The period of struggle wherein he was juggling between work, training and pursuing a degree in wrestling is over, but with the pandemic started yet another struggle. He recalls, “I still cannot forget that I had signed my contract with Impact Wrestling while sitting inside an eating joint near my house. My coach, Scott Francis D’Amore, who also happened to be executive vice-president of Impact wrestling, still jokes about that. I also played my debut match in 2018, but Covid-19 has affected travelling and hence the matches were halted. But all is not lost, and it gave me time to build on my strength and work on weaknesses. And now that we are doing promotions in different cities of Canada, I am looking forward to better times ahead.”

Humble background

A graduate from DAV College, Chandigarh, he is from Parachh village in Mohali. “It was the intensity of Brock Lesnar during a fight that inspired me to take up wrestling in the first place. Before that I used to compete in body building competitions and started winning many titles since 10th standard. In 2016, I represented Chandigarh in kickboxing at the nationals and won the gold. From there on, I enrolled in The Great Khali Academy in Jalandhar, and later moved abroad. I consider myself lucky to have found great mentors in my coaches at each step, be it Sumit Kumar, Hardeep Singh Malli and now Scott D’Amor and John E Bravo.”

2021_4$largeimg_1868648626.jpeg