DVDVR Message Board

RING OF HONOR in 2021

EC3 just signed a contract with ROH. Their official announcement:

Ring of Honor is pleased to announce that EC3 has signed with the company.

EC3, who had been pro wrestling’s hottest free agent since he hit the open market last summer, made a few appearances with ROH in the fall. He made his unannounced return on last weekend’s episode of “Ring of Honor Wrestling” to confront Jay Briscoe.

EC3 and Briscoe had been scheduled to face each other at Final Battle in December, but the match was called off after EC3 tested positive for COVID-19.

Recognized as a two-time former world champion, EC3 boasts one of the most chiseled physiques in the sport and stellar speaking skills.

EC3 seized control of his narrative during his time as a free agent. A darker, more intense and more dangerous EC3 showed up in ROH declaring that he was on a quest to see if honor is real.

Now that EC3 is making ROH his home, he’ll have ample time to find out.

• Like 1

Taylor damn sure know how to crack you with a forearm. And boy was that a title match right there. If you really gotta do a strike exchange then give it feints and different strikes and two guys collapsing on each other like that. Also dug the "NOT LIKE THIS!" call haha. 

ROH is still advertising the Bucks and Christopher Daniels in the guide for their program... okay. At least the third guy is Lethal. 

• Like 1

Woods/Castle was real good again. Woods looks like a total slackjaw though. Silas Young shaved a little and now he looks just like Jesse Ventura, except with hair.

Speaking of looks, @Peck is right, good lord. At least at first, then he looked like he had an all-over sunburn. 

• 2 weeks later...

If I never see another strike exchange again I'll be very happy. Just saying. Rey Horus and the young kid Eli Isom were having a fine match until that. Hell, Horus had a dive that was some Aerostar/Stuka level shit until the damn strike exchange. After that I just mentally checked out.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Dragon Lee suffered a broken eardrum and is off the Anniversary show as he just had surgery and is unable to fly

Kenny King will now defend the TV Title on Lee's behalf

Bestia del Ring is replacing Lee in the Tag Title match

...so is the monthly Honor Club now giving full access to live PPVs or is it still the % off service they had initially?  I'm tempted to watch tonight, but it's a little more agreeable at $10 than $100 for a year. 

(Sorry for the grammar idiocy. I typed in a hurry).

It is a weird collection of faction.  I mean Deppen, King, and Dickinson I can definitely see and then you throw in Homicide and it is a strange mix.  Since I assume they are the ones behind this "return to violence" thing on the company it makes sense to bring him in 

The debut I am intrigued by is Bill Carr.   After almost a decade as mostly a comedy wrestler with Dan Barry in a great team of Team Tremendous he is finally going to act like the psycho that he frankly looks and from listening to him their podcasts his interests.

Edited by hammerva

Bruiser's grapevine was nasty. That was some Finlay shit. Rest of the match, not so much. Also, in all my years of beer drinking, I've never seen a bright red beer bottle. Also, why do people keep calling Bruiser "Beer City"? Why not just call him Bruiser?

There is no such thing as a "Wristlock Driver", that dude just dumped himself on his head. Between that and the "ROH Pure Judges", Riccaboni is good at pulling names out his ass. Cheeseburger's new sub is supercool. Wheeler should not clap his hands on a dropkick; is this dude an NJ Young Lion? The Pure gauntlet setup turned out some really interesting stuff. Yehi is the man, that Koji Clutch reversal was sick.

Edited by Curt McGirt

23 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Bruiser's grapevine was nasty. That was some Finlay shit. Rest of the match, not so much. Also, in all my years of beer drinking, I've never seen a bright red beer bottle. Also, why do people keep calling Bruiser "Beer City"? Why not just call him Bruiser?

He's from Milwaukee.

Also, Carlsberg, and to a lesser red, Killians, both have red bottles.

I have two different affiliates that play ROH but didn't get any of those eps. Huh. The weird thing is the new eps are showing up as being from 2002 (?!). Knowing Forbes is an actual wrestler spoils my internal narrative of RVD meeting her at the strip club she works at only to find out that they just keep missing each other training at the same gym. No fair. 

Danhausen/Johns(t)on(e) was fun. Hausen has a good German and a silly gimmick so that's good enough for me. The commentary team was tickled pink during this one. 

LSG chops hard enough that we got chest blood! Anybody that knees someone in a cravat is my kinda wrestler, too. Eli Isom decides that if Big E can do it he can too so he spears LSG through the ropes and catches his feet to boot. Then they just slap the shit out of each other on the floor, and have a finish that involves both multiple pinfalls and a strike exchange that -- amazingly -- doesn't suck. Good stuff! 

• Like 1