DVDVR Message Board

RING OF HONOR in 2021

I entitled last year's thread something like "Will 2020 be ROH last year?"

What 2020 showed us was that the one good thing Sinclair will do is fund ROH no matter what.

So into the breach once more

1 hour ago, EVA said:

My guess is that it was a contract issue, like they could pay him less money to go away if they waited until the new year.

That's what I was thinking too. Maybe there was some sort of payroll budgeting that made it easier for them to justivy waiting till now?

Or maybe it was them waiting until Final Battle so he can help them with that before leaving.  That is assuming of course it's not a contract-related reason.

Edited by NikoBaltimore

Yeah, New Japan doesn’t give a fuck as long as you don’t get arrested in Japan.  And they don’t seem to mind hiring guys who’ve had falling-outs with their partners, as they signed up Dragon Lee with the quickness after he left CMLL (under very different circumstances, obviously!).

ROH put this up their YouTube Page last night. RIP Brodie. Pretty good tag match. The finish is a little shoulder shruggy but I’ve seen worse. The match is interesting other than featuring Brodie Lee, as it’s the first pairing of what would become The All Night Express in Rhett Titus and Kenny King.

• Like 2

On 1/5/2021 at 12:29 AM, The Natural said:

I can't see AEW and NJPW wanting him back either. Maybe NJPW with time.

I suspect he'll be full-time UK and NJPW.   Marty is over in NJPW.  I wouldn't be surprised if they stick him in the Empire.

• Like 2

Re: Marty

This part of what was in the new WON

There is a big issue for Scurll, who owns a home in Florida, is that if he’s not working in the U.S. he may also have to leave the country. It’s hard to know, due to the allegation, if anyone in the U.S. would hire him, or if people in the U.K. would use him. WWE still uses people with allegations but hiring someone new is a different issue. Obviously he’s got connections with AEW but that would be tough. While the situation is completely different, AEW has people who really want Tessa Blanchard in but feel that they can’t do so. New Japan is a likely place he could work but that’s contingent on the world getting back to normal

• Like 1

Thanks, @RIPPA. Scurll's screwed. NJPW seems the likeliest destination but the world isn't getting back to normal with more coronavirus positive tests and sadly more deaths. Scrull has connections in AEW but would they take him on with those allegations? I don't think so. There's the UK scene. WWE maybe.

Edited by The Natural