DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

Speaking of Lee Moriarty, I'm catching up on Paradigm and he and Suge D had an excellent match on the "Put Your Hands Where My Eyes Can See" show on May 12.  Fun story where Suge is gearing up for an eventual showdown with PPW champ Myron Reed but feels he needs to test himself against IWTV champ Moriarty.  Lee isn't really taking the match seriously until Suge MAKES HIM take it seriously, because he needs Lee to bring everything he's got.  Just an awesome match and Suge is the fucking best.

• Like 1

Episode 2 of "Saturday Night SKODEN," featuring two of my trainees: This is Nolerbear's second "offical" match (his first being a hardcore thing before I started training him), and this is Jarred Kalifornia's sixth match. It's rough in patches, but has some good stuff.

*and don't even get me started on Blu Wilder wearing fucking board shorts to ref: I wasn't there so I didn't have time to go full Bill Watts*

Edited by Marty Sugar

IT'S HAPPENING PEOPLE.  IT'S HAPPENING PEOPLE.  Nick Gage vs Mat Cardona.  The electricity is incredible. 

Apparently one of the weapons is a display case of action figures 

Cardona wearing all white is already a great sign 

Edited by hammerva

1 minute ago, hammerva said:

IT'S HAPPENING PEOPLE.  IT'S HAPPENING PEOPLE.  Nick Gage vs Mat Cardona.  The electricity is incredible. 

Apparently one of the weapons is a display case of action figures 

gonna be a riot tonight at the Showboat Hotel

This might be Matt Cardona's best match ever.    Not just because of the amount of blood he is spilling but the combination of complete fear and arrogance.   Even when he is swinging the light tube it was with a tinge of being worried about getting hurt himself. 

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

That was excellent shit. I was already a fan of Cardona because of his podcast, but I think there's a lot of mileage to be had out of a legit outsider/ex-WWE guy as champion. No offense meant to RSP, but Cardona is on another level as a heel in GCW. Gage will win it back I'm sure, and it'll be a HUGE fucking pop.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wyld Samurai said:

The GCW Universe finally has a marketable champion?

Well given that the champion before tonight was going to wrestle Chris Jericho in front of about a million TV viewers (or give or take a couple 100K) and the new champion is doing mixed matches on IMPACT that maybe gets the views of the top Twitch users; I don't know about that

But they will have a champion that is on an extremely successful Youtube channel  

Edited by hammerva

39 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Well given that the champion before tonight was going to wrestle Chris Jericho in front of about a million TV viewers (or give or take a couple 100K) and the new champion is doing mixed matches on IMPACT that maybe gets the views of the top Twitch users; I don't know about that

Cardona has also had his pity Dynamite match, so I’m not sure that wins Nick the dick-waving contest. 

Congrats to Matt for travelling the path less taken and distinguishing himself. 

• Like 2

Just finished up last night's GCW show, and holy shit the fan reaction before, during, and after the main event was more heated than anything I've seen in years. This was ECW/oldschool southern territory level of a near riot. It's incredible that someone as mediocre as Matt Cardona (who got Muta scale color on his arm) could garner such a reaction.

The rest of the show wasn't the best thing GCW has put out but was pretty solid.

• Like 1

So Meltzer is having a temper tantrum because of the fans throwing shit into the ring after match.   I hope that he was consistent when it happened after one of the greatest turns in wrestling history at a certain WCW PPV.   But I doubt it 

Although Meltzer complaining on this on this shouldn't be surprising given almost every time Cardona did something in the WWE he crapped on it.  Hell when he won the IC title in the ladder match at WM he called him a mark for celebrating 

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 2

As someone who has been there and actually was at the first riot when Gage lost, the only thing that could be possibly suck getting hit is those metallic like/plastic beer bottles.   But other than that there was more glass in the ring then being thrown at them.   And unlike the first one, nobody chucked a chair as well.  

Fair play to Matt Cardona going into panes of glass, glass light tubes and pizza cutter to the forehead. Also have to highlight this:

One more thing, chuckled as Radio played before TAFKA Zack Ryder made his entrance.