DVDVR Message Board

2021 INDIE WRESTLING

On 4/1/2021 at 9:29 AM, NikoBaltimore said:

I think doing shows in Florida of all places during a pandemic will hurt indy shows a lot mainly because it's not guaranteed how they're all handling safe practices.  You know what you're getting from AEW and the WM show but you hope that things are well-structured with other shows.  I do feel bad for shows that aren't selling enough tickets but I'll still buy the shows that interest me.  But with some that need to make ends meet doing these shows is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation.

and see that's just it. The indy promotions (most anyway) aren't requiring a worker test negative prior to working the show.  It's not hard to do a test and get the results. Many places free that give you results within 20 mins.  But the flip side is these wrestlers are also mingling with fans, taking pics, selling merch etc which could make the virus spread quicker. Damned if you do, damned if you don't is exactly the right way to look at this. Florida has less restrictions which is understandably why they are having the shows there. Last Collective handled Covid horribly and a few of those workers won't be working these shows. They flat out refused.  

Hoping though that someone steps up and has a star making week. I'd put $$$ on that person being Lee 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

The indy promotions (most anyway) aren't requiring a worker test negative prior to working the show.

Any wrestler that's involved in The Collective this week has to do a rapid COVID test on Wednesday. Unless you're saying they're lying about this and are just putting it out there for good PR.

52 minutes ago, Casey said:

Any wrestler that's involved in The Collective this week has to do a rapid COVID test on Wednesday. Unless you're saying they're lying about this and are just putting it out there for good PR.

No, but the one they did in the Fall didn't require testing and many were seen without masks. A female worker told me and I quote "it was a complete shitshow backstage. I came in for my show and left the next morning"  

Glad to see they are doing this though and thank you Casey for letting us know as i missed the tweet.  Also sad to see Akira tested positive already and will be missing the shows.  Makes me sad to see people bust their ass all year and have to miss the big show or big weekend. 

He's vaccinated, though.

Speaking of Effy, he's putting the Big Gay Brunch on the line in his Spring Break match against Gregory Iron. Meaning if Greg wins, we get this:

Spoiler

• Like 1

Can't imagine The Collective $140 package selling well. Individual shows like Bloodsport will sell, but with WWE running 4 nights and IWTV showing a lot of cards that look better, there's a glut of wrestling already available for less money. I can't imagine there's that much demand for six different Allie Kat matches

• Like 1

$140 for the shows 2-3 yrs ago maybe but now with the talent available I just don't know.  My daughter has 3 lacrosse games over the weekend so I will likely miss the Friday 6pm shows and anything early Sat and Sunday. Do I want to pay for the package to watch then On Demand? I just don't know.  I have IWTV already but will all of those shows be available on Demand immediately after?  I know most shows are but will these Mania weekend ones be?

TalkDown 3.07 ... ANIMAL HOUSE
ORIGINAL AIRDATE: April 6, 2021

Please choose a winner or a draw for EVERY match on the card, plus a "Promo Of The Week" and "Match Of The Week" for your ballot to count: simply reply in the comments on YouTube or on the Big West Wrestling Facebook page.

**DEADLINE IS WEDNESDAY, APRIL 7, 2021 at 9:00pm PACIFIC**

OPENING MATCH:

Chucky Lee Ray
Draven Andrews
DRAW

MATCH TWO:
The Dark Princess
The Advocate
DRAW

MATCH THREE:
Mean Machine, Sr.
Jeff Christie
DRAW

MATCH FOUR:
Blu Wilder
Deztro The Eskimofo
DRAW

MATCH FIVE:
Malik Melo
Dylan Murphy
DRAW

MATCH SIX:
Casey Peake
Justin Cider
DRAW

MATCH SEVEN:
Max Cage
Johnny Dean
DRAW

MAIN EVENT:
Rick Jules
Red DeNero
DRAW

PROMO OF THE WEEK:
MATCH OF THE WEEK:

BONUS MATCH:
Justin Cider vs. Sleazy Steve
SPECIAL REF: Marty Sugar
DWO's Dylan Murphy & Zilla on commentary (w/Mr. India)
October 25, 2020 from Summerland Youth Centre
Big West Wrestling presents SUNDAY STUNDAY (Show 2)

7 minutes ago, Spontaneous said:

I forgot Bloodsport was last night. Did anyone watch it? Worth catching the replay?

I saw up to the Chris Dickinson fight and fell asleep.  The Shlak thing was the highlight up to that.  If you are a fan of quick matches that are meant to look "real" I'd watch it.  Or if you have a coupon and can watch for free. For the Culture, Jimmy Lloyd's show, and the Trent Acid cup day 1 were all much better IMO.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

There's a photo from Bloodsport in the images thread that is really bizarre and makes me want to see it ASAP. 

I was just about to say that that image makes a pretty good argument for wanting to see it now.

2 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

apparently only black men can wear gray sweatpants and be in a battle royal.  

Wasn't a similar idea going to happen for one of last year's Collective shows before it got postponed?  I think Faye Jackson was hyping it up so not sure if it was her idea or something else.

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I was just about to say that that image makes a pretty good argument for wanting to see it now.

Wasn't a similar idea going to happen for one of last year's Collective shows before it got postponed?  I think Faye Jackson was hyping it up so not sure if it was her idea or something else.

yeah but it wasn't on the for the culture show.  This would be like Vince having the Andre memorial and it only being white giants.   Although now I see some lucha guys coming in to switch it up a bit. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, paintedbynumbers said:

yeah but it wasn't on the for the culture show.  This would be like Vince having the Andre memorial and it only being white giants.   Although now I see some lucha guys coming in to switch it up a bit. 

Thank you kindly, thought my memory was messing with me there at first.  I'll have to take a look at how the shows were but will likely look at your recommendations when considering what to get also.

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Just watched that Bloodsport main and not only was it not Mox/Barnett like I thought it was, it was... well, awful. The rest of the card might be great though so I might give it a shot later. 

I saw all but the last two fights. Nothing overly special.  However, Tony Deppen just announced he is pulling out of the rest of his commitments this weekend due to injuries he suffered last night. 

1 hour ago, paintedbynumbers said:

It's Faye Jackson's baby, and it was supposed to be it's own show last year during the Collective.

And the bolded part is really weird, my dude.

• Like 2