DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2021 & Beyond)

RIPPA

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The new Game Informer cover story is about the Saints Row reboot

A quick skim of the article (and some of this might have been covered already)

- tone will be somewhere in the middle between 2 and 3

- main character will be fully customizable

- will have drop in/drop out co-op (exploration is untethered but if one player starts a mission, they both do it). You will also be able to "prank your partner"

- location is called Santo Ileso which is inspired by the American Southwest. Will have 11 different districts

- 2 of the "collectable" activities seem to be taking pictures of landmarks and collecting drug palettes

- there will be something called Criminal Ventures which is all about "building your criminal empire"

- soundtrack seems to be inspired by the setting - two radio stations will be a mariachi one and one that is a Latinx Club. You will be able to create a custom playlist from the music within the game.

Sounds good so far.   I like nearly everything I have seen about the game, but I am not sure getting pranked by my partner, though.  It stinks of griefing / trolling.

I'd have to be rolling with a friend and there would have to be a prank your partner achievement involved before I agreed to any shit like that.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I enjoyed Star Ocean: The Last Hope until it got lost in the weeds.  Trying to generate combos that did precisely 7777 points of damage nearly made me smash my console.

I will probably continue playing Squeeix's Star Ocean games since Sega refuses to give me another Phantasy Star or Skies of Arcadia single player campaign title, and Star Ocean scratches the non-fantasy setting RPG itch quite nicely.

The blonde protagonist dude looks a bit angsty.  He will surely try my patience.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, D.Z said:

Star Ocean the Divine Force. PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X/S, and PC via Steam. 2022.

The only one I played was "Til the End of Time", which I beat once, completely didn't get the story at all, hated all but one of the characters, and never touched the series again.

• Like 2

DragonQuest X Offline will have customization and for each race reincarnation. Only the main character can change it's vocation. Other features from Online are in as well. 

Japanese gamers will be able to import save data from Dragon Quest X Offline to Dragon Quest X Online. So they start at level 70 for the online game.

On 10/29/2021 at 12:52 PM, RIPPA said:

Always a good sign when a company puts out a statement saying they are still working on a game

The game is getting cancelled. When they put something like that out, it's going to happen.

Same with Digimon Survive. It got delayed to 2022.

On 10/30/2021 at 2:40 AM, Casey said:

Rumor is that it might be a Daredevil game, but that's Reddit/4chan so there's a 90% chance that it isn't true.

Janina Gavankar (who played the lead in Star Wars Battlefront II campaign and was the best part of the whole game) is involved with this game. Rumors I'm hearing now is she's going to play Elektra which does nothing but strengthen the Daredevil rumors. There's also talk that she would be perfect as She-Hulk and maybe Ms. Marvel (although she may a little older to play a high school kid).

I just hope the game actually comes out. Amy Hennig was supposed to be involved with a Star Wars game that was shown at an EA Play event but we haven't heard anything since then.

11 minutes ago, Andrew POE! said:

I just hope the game actually comes out. Amy Hennig was supposed to be involved with a Star Wars game that was shown at an EA Play event but we haven't heard anything since then.

Just to clarify: EA canceled Hennig’s Star Wars game several years ago.

As the Blizzard fallout continues - Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 have both been delayed into 2023

This isn't really surprising especially considering both games had a change of leadership in the last few months

22 hours ago, RIPPA said:

As the Blizzard fallout continues - Overwatch 2 and Diablo 4 have both been delayed into 2023

This isn't really surprising especially considering both games had a change of leadership in the last few months

was Diablo 4 ever announced for 2022? i don't think anybody reasonably expected it to hit that mark anyway.

11 minutes ago, twiztor said:

was Diablo 4 ever announced for 2022? i don't think anybody reasonably expected it to hit that mark anyway.

No.  And if the Marvel game was announced for March, I never heard about it.  Admittedly, the Marvel game isn't on my radar.  I've seen a number of games lately termed as "delayed" by journalists even though the game never had a firm release date (or a release window, in some cases).

15 min video of Elden Ring gameplay is going to be released tomorrow.  Of course, the big news of the day is going to be the release of Mr. Driller: Drill Land for Xbox and PlayStation.  No?  That's not a big deal?  Well, I'm looking forward to it anyway.

It's probably not a good sign that I get a bit excited when games I already own for the Switch escape and get ported to other next gen consoles.

Pre-orders for Turtle Beach's new $380 Series X flight stick sold out in under two hours.  Was kinda surprised by that, though I was on the site at noon when pre-orders went on sale, just in case.  Website says a new batch will go up for pre-order on the 14th.  

Edited by Eoae

12 hours ago, Eoae said:

No.  And if the Marvel game was announced for March, I never heard about it.  Admittedly, the Marvel game isn't on my radar.  I've seen a number of games lately termed as "delayed" by journalists even though the game never had a firm release date (or a release window, in some cases).

I know it wasn't on your radar, or whatever, but it was literally in the announcement trailer for the game.

On 11/2/2021 at 6:08 PM, RIPPA said:

Also, there's been literally nothing more since Blizzard frantically tried to make us look away from the then-breaking sexual harassment stories coming out, so I'm 99% convinced Overwatch 2 is vaporware.

• Like 1

In other massive games getting cancelled news

Take-Two announced during its investor called that an upcoming game entitled Volt that was being done by Hangar 13 (the folks who did Mafia 3) that supposedly cost $53 million was cancelled.

Since Volt is reported to have been a live service game - it seems like Take-Two got, rightly, spooked by the failures of Anthem and Avengers and bailed now.

The worry is that H13 will now be facing layoffs (since they won't be working on a Mafia 4 either)