DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2021 & Beyond)

RIPPA

6 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I love people just brazenly posting on the Nintendo YouTube thread Bout how people should buy illegal mods and roms instead of paying for the online service. 

That was kind of my point about not having Game Cube and Wii games available. They are essentially pushing people towards illegal mods and roms, because they aren't making beloved games available on their current system. 

• Like 1

Nintendo will forever refuse to do things like this correctly, for reasons the world will never understand. That's too expensive, really, unless they plan on doing monthly updates which... they haven't been doing even though the games they could add is a massively long list. So you'd want to assume "for $50 a year, they will add games more often!" but there is no reason based on their history that they will do that.

That being said, I'll still buy it but I am going in expecting little to nothing going forward.

• Like 2

I feel like $50 a year is rather reasonable.  I'll end up with Switch Online eventually.  But, yeah, they're going to have to keep adding games and offer me something I can't get on the Wii U virtual console or the Sega Genesis mini.  Streaming is not my favorite way to play so they're going to have to start digging some of the less obvious suspects out of the N64 catalog.  Call me when you upload Mischief Makers.

My wife still plays Animal Crossing almost daily so she's thrilled about the AC updates. 

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

As a middle aged guy with no dependents, $4.17 a month does not seem like an outrageous price. Thats one less frappa mocha whatever for your average hipster todrink a month, right? 

Its not that I (and most people) can't afford it, but with video game services, people are always going to compare it to what else is available. XBox Gold and PS Plus are similar in price, but they add multiple games per month, including (usually) at least one recent game. Also their online services are generally seen as more robust anyway. Its like when Netflix raises their prices a dollar, its not that its breaking the bank but people then go "WELL HULU IS ONLY _____" and chaos ensues.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Its prob not true, but yo me, it just feels like younger people used to having everything complaining anout paying for something that they eithrr get free from their parents or bootleg/pirate. 

/.yells at clouds 

I'm assuming the sloppy typing is to fully get into character, right? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I refer you back to my quote from earlier in the thread when Dying Light 2 was delayed

"Dying Light 2 has been delayed to Feb 2022 because the only month in 2022 is February"

Someone is gonna have to blink again

I can't imagine it will be Bungie because us Destiny folks are already slogging through a never ending season and tension over the new pricing are bubbling up so I doubt they want to push back Witch Queen any further

Honestly - if I was Saints Row - I would get the fuck out of Dodge. Release on April 1 or something

• Like 2

18 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Someone is gonna have to blink again

I can't imagine it will be Bungie because us Destiny folks are already slogging through a never ending season and tension over the new pricing are bubbling up so I doubt they want to push back Witch Queen any further

Honestly - if I was Saints Row - I would get the fuck out of Dodge. Release on April 1 or something

If they are not risk averse, they'd keep their current schedule.   Saints Row & Eldeen Ring can both champion the D2 player that is close to clawing his own eyes out after a typically suspect Bungie launch.

We both know that no one will play Witch Queen on Launch Day.   Server maintenance will take at least thirty five hours.

Edited by J.T.
  • Haha 3

Honestly - if I was any game, I would want out of February just because Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring are probably the two biggest games scheduled for the first 6 months of next year (you could argue in addition to Starfield, of the year)

If you look at the list on Wiki - from April on, it is a barren wastefield (outside of Starfield and I think most of us think that ain't happening)

Still releasing in February is just being stubborn

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Honestly - if I was any game, I would want out of February just because Horizon Forbidden West and Elden Ring are probably the two biggest games scheduled for the first 6 months of next year (you could argue in addition to Starfield, of the year)

If you look at the list on Wiki - from April on, it is a barren wastefield (outside of Starfield and I think most of us think that ain't happening)

Still releasing in February is just being stubborn

I cannot disagree with this logic.  I think Horizon is the tent pole of that release schedule and D2 is in the uncomfortable position of either going live or dragging out a never ending season another two or three weeks.

If I were KoF, I'd go ahead with launch but Saints Row and Eldeen Ring should take some time to beat, so I'd give Horizon at least two months of player time before going on the market.

Sifu is a PS exclusive, so they should definitely back off until April otherwise it will be competing with another PS exclusive for revenue.... well PS exclusive and one of the most anticipated games of the year.

Edited by J.T.

KoF is such a niche game that I doubt they're that worried about any competition. They're going to sell that game to their hardcore audience regardless of what it coming out. 

And I wouldn't be surprised if Horizon or Elden Ring got pushed again. 

• Like 1

The Devil In Me

The next game in the Dark Pictures Anthology after House of Ashes. In fact the trailer is actually one of the endings you can get in House of Ashes

As seen by the trailer they are also labelling the game as the "Season One Finale"

2 hours ago, Jiji said:

Haunted Chocolatier, by the developer of Stardew Valley, looks very much like Stardew Valley but chocolate. I'm so excited. 

So...yeah.  That's basically Stardew Valley 2.  Exact same art style, exact same dialog structure, and so on.