DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2021 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Was that final character possibly only done because of the trilogy finally making its way to the Switch via cloud streaming? I mean I know it was a highly requested character, but still. Seems very deliberate. Probably just one of those "kill two birds with one stone" type things - people wanted it, and now the entire series (right?) is coming to the Switch.

Oddly enough, I've been debating getting a Switch Lite the past few weeks. I probably don't need to, since I never really used my Switch when I had one, and now I have both a PS5 and Series S and I neglect one or the other in my already limited free time. First world problems.

• Like 1

Paradox Interactive has today decided to discontinue the development of several unannounced games. In connection with the cancellation, the company has written down the value of the projects which will impact the Q3 2021 profit before tax with -135 MSEK. Paradox Interactive now has fifteen new games in development, some are new titles and some are sequels on existing franchises.

Four of these games have been announced; the much demanded grand strategy game Victoria 3, Crusader Kings 3 for consoles, the classic Shadowrun Trilogy for console and Vampire: the Masquerade – Bloodlines 2. Additionally, a number of DLCs are in development, such as Royal Court for Crusader King 3.

At this point, I think PI is just fucking with me.

I saw all the OLED reviews and Dread content that I thought it came out today instead of Friday. 

I was in Best Buy looking at the new Ipods and had they actually had OLEDs in stock, I might have gotten one. 

Edited by odessasteps

I am not folks understood what a launch trailer is supposed to be since this is out 2 weeks ahead of time and them immediately starts with a "Developer footage - subject to change" tag. But maybe that is just me.

Anyway - Guardians of the Galaxy

I am not gonna drag the thread up but there are reports that Dragon Age 4 will only be released on current gen (PS5/Xbox Series X|S/PC)

Not really surprising given how far away it still is.

Still will suck if we are still talking about console shortages in like 2 years

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Andrew POE! said:

Considering that I haven't even played Dragon Age Origins.....on PS3, I'm sure I'll be done by the time Dragon Age 4 is out. Maybe.

DA: Inquisition was one of the first PS4 games I bought, and I never got past the first few hours in it. I really need to quit buying video games and play what I have.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Can you buy just one month? I would play OOT for a few bucks and cancel.

Unknown

At the moment, there’s no pricing info for one-month or three-month memberships—like those available with the standard Switch Online membership—and it’s unclear whether or not Nintendo will add them in the future. Nintendo did not immediately respond to a request for comment

• Thanks 1

Pre-orders for the Xbox fridge start on Monday.  Actual item will be released sometime in December.

MSRP is $99.  Only available from select retailers.  One retailer in each country/region?  Apparently, Target is going to be the only official retailer in the US.

I guess it's time to start figuring out how much I'm willing to pay a scalper for one of these things. 

Edited by Eoae

Given the hardware requirements to run Dolphin with any kind of playability/accuracy on a PC, I can totally see the Switch not having the hardware specs to run itself and a Gamecube/Wii emulator.

Virtual Console N64 used a special emulator just to get the few select N64 games running somewhat properly, which also had to be modified for each game to get those individual games working. Hopefully the N64 Emulation this time around is better than the virtual console's.

I think Nintendo would rather remake or remaster or port the Gamecube and Wii/U games.

• Like 1