DVDVR Message Board

Upcoming Video Game Releases (2021 & Beyond)

RIPPA

Ubisoft delayed Prince of Persia remake again.  It will now be released sometime in 2022 and won't be shown at E3.

Warner Bros. is supposedly showing off just one game at E3 - Back 4 Blood.  No Suicide Squad, Gotham Knights, Harry Potter, etc.

Disappointed about PoP.  Just assumed it would be released sometime in 2021.  

6 hours ago, Eoae said:

Ubisoft delayed Prince of Persia remake again.  It will now be released sometime in 2022 and won't be shown at E3.

Warner Bros. is supposedly showing off just one game at E3 - Back 4 Blood.  No Suicide Squad, Gotham Knights, Harry Potter, etc.

I have a strange feeling that Prince of Persia Sands of Time Remake will get cancelled. I kept hearing rumors for awhile that Prince of Persia (2008) would get a PS4/PS5 remaster, but nothing came of it either.

12 hours ago, Eoae said:

I imagine they'll save Suicide Squad and Gotham Knights for DC Fandome if they do that again this year. I've heard rumors that the Harry Potter game will be shown at Sony's next big event.

3 hours ago, Casey said:

I imagine they'll save Suicide Squad and Gotham Knights for DC Fandome if they do that again this year. I've heard rumors that the Harry Potter game will be shown at Sony's next big event.

I forgot Fandome was a thing, but, yeah, they've already announced Fandome 2021.  Don't think they've announced the dates yet.

So the Sunset Overdrive Twitter account suddenly sprang to life this week after being dormant since Nov 2018

The tweets were related to the new Ratchet & Clank game that comes out Friday so many are speculating that either there is some sort of crossover in the new R&C game or that the remastered Sunset Overdrive will be announced. Or possibly even Sunset Apocalypse - the supposed sequel that was leaked awhile ago.

All of those things could be possibly true... or none of them

And apparently, there's no single player campaign, the game is done in 'seasons' (which means if you buy the game and have other games/responsibilities/aging parents to care for/stupid work shit/etc going on, you may miss out on the seasons or even the entirety of the multiplayer before the community dries up and the servers shutdown), it's all multiplayer, and it's $70 on PS5/XSX.

Edited by Andrew POE!

And I... Cannot fucking wait. Let's goooo! Looks great. Don't remember the last time I played US military propaganda story mode. Just let me fuck about with my friends. I need that cross platform tho. 

First gaming convention season for me and I'm more excited than I thought I'd be.  Virtual cons blunt my enthusiasm, but, meh, I wouldn't be going to any of these things in person anyway, and all I'd really do is watch trailers, so it's not really going to be that much different.

Anyway, what are people expecting/hoping for?  I'm kinda curious to see what MS and Nintendo announce, but I don't get that excited over triple-A games that are probably a year or two off.  Mostly, I'm hoping for firm release dates for a few independents and maybe a couple stealth drops after games get shown off at a presentation  I was told Sky: Children of the Light and Solar Ash are still coming out this month.  Do that and I'll be happy.  Otherwise, I'm hoping for soonish release dates for 12 Minutes, Death's Door, Little Devil Inside, and a few others.

Honestly, I'm more interested in the Devolver Digital and Annapurna Interactive presentations because they're more likely to talk about games I'll actually get to play soonish.

Mostly interested in seeing what Microsoft and Nintendo do because they've both been kinda quiet and Sony is already starting to outpace them.  Not sure how much exclusives still matter to most people & the PS5 library is hardly great yet, but Sony is managing to push at least one or two high-profile exclusives out the door each month.  Probably not a coincidence that Guilty Gear Strive, Final Fantasy VIII Intergrade, and Rift Apart all drop today or tomorrow.  KInda want MS to start making good on the talk.

No idea what to expect from Nintendo.  Was expecting a loaded E3 presentation but was also expecting some sort of official Switch Pro announcement.  So.....  

SummerGameFest opened with the Wonderlands announcement

It is its own stand alone title (though clearly with Borderlands flavor since it has Tiny Tina) which sure sounds like it is a turned based RPG

Andy Samburg, Wanda Sykes, Will Arnett and Ashley Burch (naturally) announced as voices

Early 2022 release

21 minutes ago, Shane said:

Death Stranding getting that Snyder Cut action. 

That trailer did make me laugh, though. 

More people need to take the Blood Simple route on directors' cuts and take out unnecessary stuff instead of just adding bulk.