DVDVR Message Board

2021 VIDEO GAME CATCH ALL THREAD

RIPPA

I learned that the Alan Wake stuff in Control is all expansion content. I'm at the end of it and I cannot kill this final boss. I get cheaply killed so many fucking times. I'm tempted to just abandon it.

16 hours ago, Eoae said:

My GameCube chainsaw controller arrived today (for RE4).  

I'm way too excited to test this out and see if RE4 is even playable with this thing.  I'm not expecting much.

I've been wanting one of these for years and could never find the right combination of price/condition/disposable income.

those things look awesome. i've always been intrigued how they play and how they feel to hold while gaming. Excited to hear your thoughts.

P.S. i hope they're not totally amazing or it will result in me buying one, and that's probably not a great idea ATM.

18 hours ago, Craig H said:

I learned that the Alan Wake stuff in Control is all expansion content. I'm at the end of it and I cannot kill this final boss. I get cheaply killed so many fucking times. I'm tempted to just abandon it.

If it makes you feel any better, I had trouble with that boss despite the fact that I was using God Mode.

No, it doesn't make me feel better. I didn't get a chance to try it again last night and I doubt I'll get to try it again tonight since the room with the PS5 will be occupied by my daughter's sleepover. I suppose I could just kick them to another floor and say, "Look, I really, really need to beat this boss and I don't know how long it's going to take me."

• Haha 1

Well fuck.  My blacksmith skill is almost on point, but It looks like I am going to have to get a lot better at horse racing in DQ XI.

The Prince of Gallopolis is a real doucebag.  

Edited by J.T.

The horse races are fucking terrible DQXI. Or I'm just really bad at them, at any rate. Even using the golden saddle or whatever it's called (gives you unlimited turbo), I couldn't even come close to winning the hardest races. Pretty sure I'm done with that part of the game.

I think I might be approaching the end of Act 2. I'm gonna get my grind on for a while before proceeding, though. Fodder enemies are fine, but bosses are kicking my ass a little too hard. I might need to respec some characters.

I finished the main story in God of War. Man, that was emotional. And I didn't see the twists with Atreus coming.

It's weird how this game looks so much better than Final Fantasy 7 Remake. I noticed that FF7R looks a little fuzzy during gameplay (but the cutscenes are on-point), meanwhile GoW looks fucking amazing in both departments.

43 minutes ago, AxB said:

This one?

9xv1E9iwHX7xxKvZ2PC5wqj5EB8FzhydD7XVb39u

Or are you more thinking GTA 6?

So, at this point, Rockstar is trying to break Bethesda's record for game with the most versions released, right?

• Haha 2

Completed the main quest story in Gallapolis for DQ XI before heading to work.  I thought I was a bit underpowered for the boss fight, but my crew made it out okay. 

Prince Faris is a piece of work, but at least he kept his word.  Too bad his father, the Sultan, cut his legs out from under him.

I am not sure how I feel about the character of Sylvando.  The devs have gone out of their way to show that he is a complete badass, but he checks the blocks of nearly every sketchy offensive homosexual stereotype there is.

I have gotten the hang of horse racing, but I am pretty sure I will suck when the difficulty rises.

Edited by J.T.

Didn't expect to spend part of my evening replacing the hard drive in my PS3 with a 1 tb drive, but here we are.

I think the PS4/Switch gen has a great library, and the current gen will be amazing when all is said and done.  But I also think I could play nothing but PS3/X360 and Wii/Wii U the rest of my life and not feel like I was missing anything.  What a generation!

20 minutes ago, Travis Sheldon said:

I'm thinking more 6.

Really don't want to buy that one for the forth time.

FWIW, Rockstar says the next-gen editions will be more than simple ports.  But, yeah, I don't like the franchise nearly enough to play through it again.  I'm hoping we get a new ip or two from Rockstar this gen.  Not even really that excited over the prospect of GTA 6 or even RDR 3.

Finished off The Outer Worlds yesterday. I think the final battle should have be a little tougher but I had multiple factions that I had a favorable relationship with so they helped during the raid and with my perks I got a lot of damage so I could one shot most things. It took me roughly 3-4 shots to take out the boss. I'll play the DLC when it drops next week.

2 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Finished off The Outer Worlds yesterday. I think the final battle should have be a little tougher but I had multiple factions that I had a favorable relationship with so they helped during the raid and with my perks I got a lot of damage so I could one shot most things. It took me roughly 3-4 shots to take out the boss. I'll play the DLC when it drops next week.

Some of the DLC is already out - Peril on Gorgon. It was fun. If you bought the full pass, you can download it now. 

3 hours ago, Shane said:

Loop Hero has consumed me. I only bought it earlier today, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be playing this one for hundreds of hours...

I also bought this yesterday and I put more hours into it in these two days than I wanted to. Though I managed to beat the first boss in the meantime.

6 hours ago, Smelly McUgly said:

Some of the DLC is already out - Peril on Gorgon. It was fun. If you bought the full pass, you can download it now. 

Yeah, I finished that too. I was referring to Murder of Eridanos. Getting the Firefly variant of the armor was nice since I've always been a fan of red and gold as a color scheme.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

Yeah, I finished that too. I was referring to Murder of Eridanos. Getting the Firefly variant of the armor was nice since I've always been a fan of red and gold as a color scheme.

Ah, sorry. I read your post as you just having finished the base game and just now turning to the DLC. My bad. 

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 10:14 AM, Casey said:

If it makes you feel any better, I had trouble with that boss despite the fact that I was using God Mode.

Holy shit, I figured it out after about 30 tries...

My first mistake was using the Charge gun thinking explosive rounds would do more damage. Switching to the Grip was a better move.

The second mistake I made was standing around too often with Shield up. I learned to just pop my shield whenever he glowed red or started coughing. I also just used dodge more often.

My third mistake was not understanding what to do after you get him down to zero health. He would almost instantly put the room back into darkness and heal back up. I figured out that you essentially have to shoot the shit out of him and then when you're out of ammo, just start throwing objects at him.

Once I figured all of that out, he died really fast and I don't even think I took any damage.