DVDVR Message Board

2021 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Another Young Rock trailer

This one reveals that the premise it is basically 10 years in the future and the Rock is running for President so it appears to be going back and forth between flashbacks to the Rock growing up and then his Presidential run. Randall Park and Rosario Dawson join the cast with roles in that future part.

This trailer has at least passing looks at the guys playing Andre, Iron Sheik, etc...

5 minutes ago, Andy in Kansas said:

WHY?

"When Martin and Daphne are killed in what appears to be a random robbery Frasier and Niles believe there's more to the story, and they'll have to go underground in Seattle's seedy underbelly to find out.

Frasier Nights, this fall on Paramount Plus."

Run me my fuckin' money, CBS.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So regarding that Expanse season finale ...

Spoiler

Bildergebnis für poochie went back to his home planet

I did not even realize it that this was supposed to be a death scene. I thought he saw something on that screen that shocked him. Even when Holden told Naomi that Alex had a stroke, I did not get it at first. I guess they had to write him out in the middle of the episode and that was the best they could come up with.

EDIT: Okay, some people already went further:

Spoiler

IYOfabC.png

Edited by Robert s
  • Haha 1

Nick Cannon tested positive for COVID

Since the Masked Singer is starting production today - he is temporarily being replaced by Niecy Nash

Cannon is expected to be back later in the season

Loved the Expanse finale and I thought Alex getting written off the way he did was nice considering why he's leaving the show. The very, very end of the episode though makes me so fucking bummed that next season is the last. Whatever that was gave me some major Mass Effect vibes.

@Brian Fowlerbrought up The Toys That Made Us from Netflix in the Movie thread and I immediately glommed onto that. Fun show, mildly sarcastic but mostly business oriented... and then the Turtles episode played.

Two close friends of mine in the last week have gotten in touch with me out of the blue, one of whom though we weren't at odds I didn't think I'd ever speak to again. The show talking about the relationship between Laird and Eastman made it very dusty in here. 

If you haven't talked to someone you care about in a long time, please, hit them up. Both of you deserve the connection. 

• Like 1

The broad strokes of this have been known for years. IIRC, when she says "unceremoniously fired," she means nobody from the show told her she wasn't coming back for season five and she found out when someone in the press called. She then signed a contract to come back for one episode on the condition that they not kill off her character. Which they then did anyway. 

Joss is a real trash person. 

Edited by John from Cincinnati
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Craig H said:

I swear, I think Firefly may be the only cast to not have anything bad to say about Joss, but I'm sure if I searched I would find something.

That is because - for know - all the terrible stuff has been said about Adam Baldwin

• Like 1