DVDVR Message Board

2021 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

On 8/13/2021 at 2:09 AM, Craig H said:

Hooooooooooo, that Dave finale got me right in the feels. I'm really hoping this leads to Dave not being such an asshole. It's at least a good first step.

Man, right there with you. Echoing your earliest post, I didn't enjoy this season as much as the first going into the finale because of the way the Dave character had been written. Maybe I'm just naive and should have seen it coming, but that was NOT what I thought was going on with Gata at the end. That was basically a season building up to that moment and in that sense, it worked.

• Like 1

I liked that it was GaTa that showed how much Dave was fucking up. I figured he was having another bipolar episode, but instead he was just fucking pissed that Dave had ruined nearly every relationship he had and was just using everyone. 

That episode and the moment Mike listens to the Ally song were the high points. Santino did an impressive job of acting in that moment. It felt very real. 

This will be for Peacock.  

Also, of note, Disney+ is getting a series based on The Sandlot, and Amazon is preparing a series based on A League of Their Own.  

If HBO Max announces a series based on Bull Durham, you'll literally see me doing the Vince McMahon gif. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This will be for Peacock.  

Also, of note, Disney+ is getting a series based on The Sandlot, and Amazon is preparing a series based on A League of Their Own.  

If HBO Max announces a series based on Bull Durham, you'll literally see me doing the Vince McMahon gif. 

The only gif of his that's worth seeing is the one where he tears both quads at the same time, so please don't do that.

Hey, let's check in on the latest regarding new Jeopardy host Mike Richards.  Surely he doesn't have a podcast full of offensive and obnoxious remarks and slurs in his past, right?  Right?

https://www.theringer.com/tv/2021/8/18/22631299/mike-richards-jeopardy-host-search-process-past-comments

Edited by Tabe

8 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Adidas is making a Ned Flanders sneaker. Only 150$.

Only $120, it looks like.  And god help me I know I'm washed because I like the way the look.

e861790b7531b26fd9e4002f86b79144.jpg

Edited by Zimbra
  • Haha 1

Signed up for Paramount & watched about 5 minutes of Clarice before I got bored and turned it off.  Massively talky and uninteresting right out of the gate.  The woman playing Starling is good enough, but...ugh, everything around her, not so much.

I also tried watching the first ep of The Expanse but didn't really get into it.  I don't care for Thomas Jane at all, so it's going to be a hard sell.  Plus, I may just be really overstimulated when it comes to TV, what with FIGHTING & FUCKING being the last thing I binged (though I still have the last 2 seasons to watch on a future HBO kick).