RIPPA

We have hit renewal/cancellation time

ABC has announced some renewals

Goldbergs - Season 9

A Million Little Things - Season 4

The Rookie - Season 4

The Conners - Season 4

Call Your Mother was cancelled

Jury is still out for the following: American Housewife, For Life, mixed-ish, Rebel 

15 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Jury is still out for the following: American Housewife, For Life, mixed-ish, Rebel 

And all 4 have been cancelled

CBS' turn

United States of AI - Renewed 

B Positive - Renewed

All Rise - Cancelled

The Unicorn - Cancelled

Clarice - Moved to Paramount+

SEAL Team - Moved to Parmount+

City on a Hill's finale was a hundred and ten percent The Wire, down to the closing wrap-up with a full song playing over all the characters' stories concluding for the season. We also got Kevin Bacon as Fit Finlay breaking an Irishman's thumb! 

EDIT: I forgot to mention they got not only John Doman as an attorney but Peter Gerety AS A JUDGE in the same courtroom in this episode too. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

FOX went ahead and announced its Fall lineup. Smackdown is safe!

Monday
8-9 p.m. — 9-1-1
9-10 p.m. — The Big Leap

Tuesday
8-9 p.m. — The Resident
9-10 p.m. — Our Kind of People

Wednesday
8-9 p.m. — The Masked Singer
9-10 p.m. — Alter Ego

Thursday (beginning Oct. 7)
8 p.m. ET/5 p.m. PT — Thursday Night Football

Friday
8-10 p.m. — WWE'S Friday Night Smackdown

Saturday
7-10:30p.m. — Fox Sports Saturday

Sunday
7-7:30 p.m. — NFL on Fox
7:30-8 p.m. — The OT / Fox Encores
8-8:30 p.m. — The Simpsons
8:30-9 p.m. — The Great North
9-9:30 p.m. — Bob's Burgers
9:30-10 p.m. — Family Guy

The new shows are:

Big Leap

The story of how none of the actors aged well except Piper Perabo

Our Kind of People and Alter Ego are the other 2

Complicated thoughts: this is likely to be the last major work Whedon does for a long time if not ever, and deservedly so. He does not deserve to be let back in to the club.

The rest of the cast, writers room, and crew are not guilty of his sins, and do not deserve to have their hard work ignored because of him.

Despite the revulsion I feel towards his conduct, I will not suddenly pretend I don't think he's the greatest writer/creator I'm the history of television.

The show was good, the last episode was not the twist I expected, and it definitely did have an Epitaph One feel.

I sincerely hope the post-Whedon version of the show is as strong or better than this was.

• Like 2

I enjoyed the show, but I will say that Whedon’s triumphant return to the medium of TV felt a lot like Aaron Sorkin coming back to do THE NEWSROOM:  Both were guys who made themselves TV legends in the 90’s/early 00’s, left to do movies for a while, then returned to the age of Prestige TV (that they paved the way for) with the full force of HBO behind them.  What would they choose to do now that they were free of the shackles of network TV and had the clout to call their own shots?

As it turns out, both decided to pretty much do the exact same thing, just with more cursing and nudity.  Which is not necessarily a bad thing (although THE NEWSROOM was pretty bad), but it can be a bit deflating to realize that, oh, I have in fact heard everything this person has to say already.

It’s fascinating to see what happens when creatives who built their careers on being acutely aware of genre tropes and deconstructing them (to great effect) hang around long enough to develop their own personal tropes that they are, apparently, COMPLETELY unaware of.  Like, it should come as a surprise to no one that THE NEVERS features a nebbish guy and a brainy girl who are in a cutesy, will-they-won’t-they romance subplot.  Among other Vintage Whedonisms.  (And, boy, he will just never fail to write a story that is bigger than his budget can handle.)

All that said, you know...I feel like there just aren’t that many people making TV that actually know how to make TV anymore, so THE NEVERS kinda felt like 6 hours of comfort food—one of the few remaining masters of the form serving up something familiar that still manages to light up the old pleasure centers.  I will miss his FANCY LADY X-MEN.

Edited by EVA

The Newsroom was fucking terrible. I can't think of another show that got me so hyped by the amazing promo for it, which was Jeff Daniels talking all kinds of shit about politics, only for the actual show to just absolutely suck. 

But hey, I'll at least give the show credit for calling out perfectly what the future of the GOP would look like all because Mike Lee won in Utah.

I heard recently that the reboot of iCarly has the incomparable Laci Mosley as a main star, and she's been getting shit from grown ass Nickelodeon viewers who also happen to be racists. That's fucking mind-boggling to me, as somebody whose children watched iCarly, and as a huge fan of the Scam Goddess herself, one of the most charismatic and talented people I followed for a while. 

On 5/21/2021 at 4:13 AM, Brian Fowler said:

Complicated thoughts: this is likely to be the last major work Whedon does for a long time if not ever, and deservedly so. He does not deserve to be let back in to the club.

The rest of the cast, writers room, and crew are not guilty of his sins, and do not deserve to have their hard work ignored because of him.

Despite the revulsion I feel towards his conduct, I will not suddenly pretend I don't think he's the greatest writer/creator I'm the history of television.

The show was good, the last episode was not the twist I expected, and it definitely did have an Epitaph One feel.

I sincerely hope the post-Whedon version of the show is as strong or better than this was.

Yeah, I really can't see Joss Whedon coming back and he doesn't deserve to over his actions. The reactions to them was something else, rightly so. When those broke, I thought of you knowing how you love Joss Whedon so good on you slamming Whedon's behaviour.

42 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Powerpuff Girls live action pilot to be redone. No surprise when you read this NSFW:

Bloody hell.

This just keeps looking more and more like an absolute trainwreck.