DVDVR Message Board

2021 TV DISCUSSION

RIPPA

It's not quite Jax Teller-in-the-last-seasons level of mass murder... yet. But basically 

Spoiler

a war just started between the Santo Padre faction, the Kings (heroin connection) AND the rest of the Mayan chapters

so it's about to get as bad as that probably. 

The other funny thing is there never seem to be anyone around when these murders take place. There was an attempted murder in front of a taco truck an episode ago and there was nobody else on the street, then only one cop investigated. This episode there was a drive-by on the highway and there were literally no other cars on the interstate. ?‍♂️

Edited by Curt McGirt

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Sounds like the absence of Kurt Sutter isn't being felt in what they're putting on air. 

Whenever someone writes a completely nonsensical plot and just pretends it makes sense... Kurt Sutter will be there.

Whenever someone puts a way too on-the-nose cover of a classic song over a montage... Kurt Sutter will be there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The season finale to Shameless was great. 

Spoiler

I liked them leaving the fate of everyone (even Frank, who was apparently dead) open-ended. And of course Frank's self-indulgent, horseshit suicide note got written on by the kid and not read by anyone... yet, at least. My only complaint is the episode needed more Fiona. Just a smidgen; at least have Frank bring her up in the note maybe? Otherwise, fine work. I'll miss the show a lot. A decade, man. How time flies...

New City on the Hill was the shit too! 

Spoiler

I REALLY did not expect old girl to shoot that little skeezer. It was about time. 

We burned through "Young Rock" on Sunday. It's cute... not necessarily for fans per se, which is why I wish what passes for wrestling intelligentsia would STFU about timelines not matching up. RICKY STEAMBOAT NEVER WORKED FOR POLYNESIAN PRO WHAT WHAAAAAT THIS SHOW HAS NO CREDIBILITY 

You know those bozos.

Also amused at some pros bitching about things Rocky Johnson OBVIOUSLY wouldn't say or do and how "Dewey" would never act like that with his folks. I mean you could simply pass it off as a fanciful sitcom father-son dynamic, because what kid hasn't thought their parents were dumbasses at some point in their lives? But I guess that's just a step or two too far for these dudes.

Not sure what's funnier:

Spoiler
  • The continuity glitch where the door on the bus Rock and Lia were riding magically switches sides, or
  • The idea that Ed Orgeron is still coaching LSU 12 years from now.

17 hours ago, Lawful Metal said:

Maneet over B-Dub was the worst booked tournament final ever. Darnell and Jet got robbed in the semis and they went with the least interesting contenders. I’m done.

Having to use the randomizer ingredient in 3 different ways killed than finale.  Instead of being able to make one awesome finale dish each, they were each forced to just make a bunch of appetizers that really weren't that interesting.  

Flair is gonna be on a WWE edition of Forged in Fire on the History Channel tomorrow night, 8 PM Central. I guess they're gonna make a belt?

EDIT: Apparently Fiona wasn't in the series finale of Shameless due to her not being able to fly from New York to LA. And regarding Frank...

Spoiler

Frank is cremated, but his body blows up in the oven due to the amount of alcohol in it. I didn't get this when I watched it; I noticed the explosion but I didn't think of the culprit. I thought it was possibly some kind of divine intervention actually. Their reason is a lot better.

Edited by Curt McGirt

Mayans spoilers

Spoiler

They just had the wildest brawl I think I've ever seen on either Mayans or SOA. Bishop uses his forehead to pretty much do to one dude what Chris Partlow did to the child molester dad on The Wire. 

And of course Coco finally ODs. He'll probably survive but who knows. Which reminds me, there was another punk reference from the methheads when the leader was wearing a Doom shirt a couple episodes ago. It's weird that they've slid all these into this group. In my years in the punk scene the only speed I've ever seen used was pharmaceutical (plenty of coke though). Maybe I've just been lucky.

• Like 1

Fucking finally. Dude shouldn't have had to practically beg for it on Twitter.

Just make him the permanent host. I know there was talk of Jennings doing it, but I just don't think he's right for it.

• Like 2

On 4/20/2021 at 2:25 PM, Curt McGirt said:

Flair is gonna be on a WWE edition of Forged in Fire on the History Channel tomorrow night, 8 PM Central. I guess they're gonna make a belt?

I was gonna make a comment about Forged in Fire contestants only making blades, then I reread that Flair is there and shit, it TOTALLY fits.

• Haha 2

Hulu has ordered a How I Meet Your Mother spin off entitled How I Meet Your Father

Hillary Duff plays the lead.

It is 10 episode season (a little unclear if it is a limited series or if additional seasons are possible)

On 4/19/2021 at 6:24 PM, Lawful Metal said:

Maneet over B-Dub was the worst booked tournament final ever. Darnell and Jet got robbed in the semis and they went with the least interesting contenders. I’m done.

I'm pretty sure that B-Dub would have won if her hollandaise didn't break.  That's one of those things that could literally happen to anybody, but it's also something that should be taken into account  in a competition like this.  She knows that if she lets a hollandaise sit too long it can break, and she let it sit too long and it cost her the competition.  It's not bad booking, it is putting the dominant babyface champ in a position where she has to do some soul searching before the comeback.

Snowfall ended pretty well. 

Spoiler

It's not over, of course. Had one hell of a tense standoff in this one. I like the Scorcese-esque "God's Eye POV" shots that they like to use in this series on occasion. 

Teddy is such a ruthless piece of human garbage. If Franklin Saint is parallel to a serial killer on the morality scale then he's pretty close to a dictator of your choice.