DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

4 hours ago, Craig H said:

I haven't watched the trailer yet, but with this being an A24 movie, I'm imagining it's fucked up or weird or both.

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2021 at 11:32 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

The trailer for the new Kevin Hart movie about being a father.  

Luckily for Hart, the child in this is not gay. 

First 10 seconds of that trailer with Hart walking into the mothers group...man, so terrible.  Then the rest of the trailer kinda redeems itself.  Then we get the last 10 seconds and we're back to the same awful movie from the first 10 seconds.

20 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

This man has never seen Southpaw.   Jake Gylenhaal is a rabid boxing fanatic and still trains heavily.

I do not think the fight with Jake Gyllenhaal is a draw.  I think Jake whips his ass.

Miles Teller used to practice kickboxing to stay in shape, but I am not sure how serious of a fighter he is.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

Miles Teller also has the most punchable face in Hollywood. Him blubbering, "I'M UPSET" in Whiplash shouldn't be funny, but it sure made me laugh my ass off.

• Like 1

The biggest quip I have with it is Willem Defoe not being at the bottom tier.  

He's definitely a capital-P  PROBLEM to deal with in a fight. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RIPPA said:

My problem was him thinking he might have a shot against Patrick Stewart

Sir Patrick would destroy that kid.  He is 80 years old now and can still do one arm pushups.

I also have serious doubts that a fight with Lakeith Stanfield would be a draw.  He looks like a bro that knows somethin somethin but just keeps it under wraps..  

I know that Daniel Radcliff got into really good shape for Imperium and Guns Akimbo, but I am not sure if he is any sort of fighter or anything.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Patrick Stewart is in way better shape than I'll ever be in and in better shape than most people will ever be in. Plus, with those older English guys, you never know if they would just scrap with other dudes on the street like it was just the thing to do back then. No way I would mess with that.

He was also absolutely terrifying in Green Room. That's obviously not him in real life, but still, there's some darkness there.

• Like 2

Holy shit. Metalocalypse and Ventures fans are gonna be real, real happy. I forgot that they already made an Aqua Teens movie and watched what I could find of it on Dailymotion recently; the new one will probably not be too much different (as in it will be one long episode once again). 

Who knew that Patrick Stewart physically was Avery Bullock in real life? 

EDIT: I want to know what makes Willem Dafoe so dangerous. I guess the military training from Platoon and being able to play totally crazy helps. Maybe poking you in the eye with his giant hog? 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

I love Aqua Teen but the movie is pretty bad.  Doesn't help that they put the funniest bit (the fake concessions ad) in the first five minutes.  ATHF is a concept that works best in 12-minute chunks.

Not giving us a Sealab 2021 movie in this, the year of our lord 2021, is a travesty.

• Like 3

Add to more folks to the list that could kick his ass

A24 has officially partnered with Apple Original Films for theatrical and streaming distribution of Oscar-winning filmmaker Joel Coen’s upcoming drama film The Tragedy of Macbeth, based on the classic Shakespearean tragedy of the same name. They’re planning to theatrically release the Denzel Washington and Frances McDormand-led feature worldwide in the fourth quarter of this year, followed by a global launch on Apple TV+ which puts the film up as an awards season contender.

1 hour ago, Zimbra said:

I love Aqua Teen but the movie is pretty bad.  Doesn't help that they put the funniest bit (the fake concessions ad) in the first five minutes.  ATHF is a concept that works best in 12-minute chunks.

Not giving us a Sealab 2021 movie in this, the year of our lord 2021, is a travesty.

But Archer blew it up several years ago.

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Add to more folks to the list that could kick his ass

I had to look and see if this was time shifted and it appears not. It's also black and white and the first Coen Brothers movie only done by one of the two and not both. 

Kathryn Hahn has joined the cast of Knives Out 2.  

She'll hopefully be playing the same character as she did in Parks & Rec and WandaVision. 

• Like 5