DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

SWAN SONG

Starring Mahershala Ali, Naomie Harris, and Glenn Close

Directed by Benjamin Cleary (Stutterer - Best Short Film Oscar, 2015)

---

This cast, this premise, this trailer is pure, uncut Oscar bait, and good lord is it going to be depressing. I think  @J.T. is already weeping. 

Fuck you, Apple Original Films.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2021 at 9:35 PM, John from Cincinnati said:

Erivo is Elphaba, Grande is Glinda. 

I...hmmm...umm...I honestly can't imagine Grande as GaLINda, but I'm down for anything as long as it's done right and the movie is good. 

guess this goes here?  

THE BEACH

Starring (per their listing) - Warwick Thornton, three chickens, a dog, and a mud crab

Showing for one week only 11/22-11/28

I mean, technically this is a documentary... I think? 

Normally I just roll my eyes at rumored remakes of 80s films but this one is infuriating

Deadline says Doug Liman is going to direct a Road House remake starring Jake Gyllenhaal

I mean at least its not Ronda Rousey

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

Normally I just roll my eyes at rumored remakes of 80s films but this one is infuriating

Deadline says Doug Liman is going to direct a Road House remake starring Jake Gyllenhaal

Road House is a classic purely due to Patrick Swayze, put anyone else in the Dalton spot and it would have been lost in the mix of 80's action movies. Swayze had an "It Factor" that movies like Road House, Point Break and even Ghost were able to perfectly harness, also those movies were also products of their time which can't really be recreated in the 2020's.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I'm sure Rousey and her "impressive acting chops" will somehow get attached to it.

Like you, this one makes me mad.  Hopefully it disappears and is forgotten as quickly as the Point Break remake.

Marry Me

Release date: February 11, 2022

Jennifer Lopez, Owen Wilson, Maluma, Sarah Silverman

Apparently the entire soundtrack is new music by Lopez and Maluma so that will at least do well

Final/Full Trailer for Nightmare Alley

Director: Guillermo del Toro

Bradley Cooper, Cate Blanchett, Toni Collette, Rooney Mara and like the world's greatest supporting cast (I know I saw Richard Jenkins and Willem Dafoe but Ron Pearlman is in there somewhere along with a host of others)