DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

Oh, I'm being snarky alright.   I don't deny that for a minute.

I liked Sonic.  It was the last movie I saw before lockdown and thoroughly enjoyed it.  In fact, much more than I thought.  

What concerns me, is the new film's teaser.  It really looks like they took the wrong lessons from the first one, turning into the comedy and less from the story.  And words like "sexy" being thrown around for the characters?  ?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

And since you asked...

b97.jpg

I once read a truly mind-numbing writeup of how Paw Patrol represents a fascist, right-wing, patriarchal worldview and is indoctrinating our kids into accepting stereotypical gender roles, police authority, etc.  And I'm pretty far left-leaning but that shit was just ridiculous.  Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Technico Support said:

I once read a truly mind-numbing writeup of how Paw Patrol represents a fascist, right-wing, patriarchal worldview and is indoctrinating our kids into accepting stereotypical gender roles, police authority, etc.  And I'm pretty far left-leaning but that shit was just ridiculous.  Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

ACAB includes Paw Patrol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Technico Support said:

On the other end of the dumb spectrum was people like my aunt who claimed that “they” were “banning” Paw Patrol because of the cop dog. This was during the George Floyd/Breonna Taylor protests. 

• Haha 1

This technically should go in Horror but it is a big enough of a movie

Derek Cianfrance is replacing Leigh Whannell as the director of Wolfman

It will be the third time Cianfrance works with Ryan Gosling (who is playing the Wolfman). They previously worked together on Blue Valentine and The Place Beyond the Pines

13 hours ago, RIPPA said:

The Unforgivable

Director: Nora Fingscheidt

Sandra Bullock, Vincent D’Onofrio, Jon Bernthal, Rob Morgan, and Viola Davis.

Really, really obvious Oscar bait but... looks good anyway. I'm kinda wishing they'd gone with her truly being a cold-blooded killer instead of the justified killer. I'll definitely watch it. 

On 10/14/2021 at 10:10 AM, The Natural said:

The order of Scream films release date is the order I have them in from best to worst:

1. Scream (1996).

2. Scream 2 (1997).

3. Scream 3 (2000).

4. Scream 4 (2011).

I'm late coming to this but

4. Scream 3

3. Scream

2. Scream 4

1. Scream 2

• Like 1

On 9/2/2021 at 12:13 PM, RIPPA said:

At least with Moonfall - it kinda seems like there was some sort of alien... something causing it (at least near the end) which is a much better excuse to what is happening than Roland just making science up to fit his needs

Gonna file this in the "Rippa was right" folder

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

You know whatever gay intern handles the THR twitter was mad because they picked the absolute worst picture of Pratt I've ever seen.  He looks like he picked the wrong grail.

Picked the wrong Parks & Recreation actor, Nick Offerman was right there!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Technico Support said:

All those years we thought he was saying "No Vasoline" when he was saying "no vaccine" all along.

I laughed hard at that until I thought "yeah, you'd think he'd have more sympathy to people dying of infectious diseases". Jesus.

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Taika Waititi will direct Disney's Tower of Terror movie.

They might not be connected at all but it does come across as another way of smoothing things over with Scarlett Johansson

SWAN SONG

Starring Mahershala Ali, Naomie Harris, and Glenn Close

Directed by Benjamin Cleary (Stutterer - Best Short Film Oscar, 2015)

---

This cast, this premise, this trailer is pure, uncut Oscar bait, and good lord is it going to be depressing. I think  @J.T. is already weeping.