DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

This is going to be rough...

WORTH

Starring Michael Keaton, Stanley Tucci, and Amy Ryan

Directed by Sara Colangelo (The Kindergarten TeacherLittle Accidents)

--

Did I mention this is going to be rough?  Because jfc

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

WORTH

--

I didn't get the feeling that it would be rough for me, but I did get the feeling that I'm going to get fucking pissed off all over again. Maybe it's Keaton being in it, but it reminded me of how I felt when watch Spotlight.

And sooner or later we'll get a movie about how much every firefighter, police officer, first responder, bystander, etc. got fucked over when it came to compensating those that died and those that can't work anymore from breathing that shit in. Then it will be time to get mad again.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 8/11/2021 at 6:44 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

WORTH

--

That looks freaking great.  And what a cast.  I'm all over this one.

7 hours ago, Casey said:

I'm not sure I need a third Clerks, just like I'm still not sure we needed a second Clerks.

Dogma is still the best Kevin Smith movie.

One of the things that bothered me about Clerks II is that Dante and Randall would never work in a fast food place, it's a job where you bust your ass 90% of the time and both of them would bail after a few days. They'd totally still be working in the service industry but at an off brand cell phone store or at kiosks in the Mallrats mall.

Edited by Mister TV
  • Like 2

The fourth instalment in The Matrix franchise has finally been given its name after Warner Bros screened a trailer at a film convention in Las Vegas.

The upcoming action film, which sees Keanu Reeves reprise the role of Neo, will be called The Matrix: Resurrections.

On 8/5/2021 at 3:07 PM, RIPPA said:

She wore overalls! OVERALLS!!!

Clearly a hideous monster was beneath

Wasn't there a flap over Ready Player One because the female lead in the book had a condition that did make her unattractive, while the same character in the movie is an obviously beautiful woman with a birthmark?

I didn't read the book or see the movie, so correct me if I'm wrong.

18 minutes ago, Eoae said:

Wasn't there a flap over Ready Player One because the female lead in the book had a condition that did make her unattractive, while the same character in the movie is an obviously beautiful woman with a birthmark?

I didn't read the book or see the movie, so correct me if I'm wrong.

Well to be fair - all of the characters are "Hollywoodfied" for lack of a better word and look FAR better than they are descripted in book.

But specifically - with Art3mis - she has a birthmark in real life that is made out to be a) giant and b) something she is ashamed of.

In the movie - it looks like she just cried and her mascara ran

Now I will also say that most people's problem with the movie is because that only like a quarter of the book made it into the movie and the Spielberg just did whatever the fuck he wanted to for the rest.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well to be fair - all of the characters are "Hollywoodfied" for lack of a better word and look FAR better than they are descripted in book.

But specifically - with Art3mis - she has a birthmark in real life that is made out to be a) giant and b) something she is ashamed of.

In the movie - it looks like she just cried and her mascara ran

Now I will also say that most people's problem with the movie is because that only like a quarter of the book made it into the movie and the Spielberg just did whatever the fuck he wanted to for the rest.

Which would be exactly what he did with Jurassic Park.

1 hour ago, colonial said:

SPENCER

Kristen Stewart is Princess Diana in this film, expected to be released later this year.

I'll probably end up seeing this because of the wife but, man, I wish it was just about anybody other than Kristen Stewart in the lead.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Control said:

Everyone’s talking about Kristen Stewart’s uncanny resemblance, but I don’t think she looks anything like Robert Urich.

I don't think she looks all that much like Diana either. 

• Like 1

Kasi Lemmons is taking over as director of the Whitney Houston biopic I Wanna Dance With Somebody

Stella Meghie was supposed to direct but left due to "creative differences" (while not said - most likely the differences were with Clive Davis and the Houston estate)

Naomi Ackie is still slated to start as Whitney

The other changes lost in the Top Gun/MI7 news

Jackass Forever moved to Feb 4, 2022 (was 10/22/21)

Ghostbusters: Afterlife moves back a week to take Top Gun's spot (11/11 to 11/19)

Vacation Friends did so well for Hulu (it was the most watched opening weekend for an original film for them) that a sequel is now in production called Honeymoon Friends

Everyone including John Cena is reportedly set to return