DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

International trailer for Snake Eyes which has different footage than the other one

And I am pretty sure the big white dude who gets beat up is Mojo Rawley

CODA

This is the movie that swept the juried prizes at Sundance

Apple acquired the rights for $25 million which is the new highest amount for a Sundance movie

Written and Directed by Sian Heder (Orange is the New Black)

Starring Emilia Jones, Marlee Matlin, Troy Kotsur

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

"He has a D+ average"

"I wanna go to college"

Sure Tony. Sure.

Ray Liotta being Johnny is a good choice. Vera Farmiga channeling the absolute spite and malevolence of Livia will be a real litmus test for her as an actress.

Jon Bernthal is playing Johnny.  Liotta looks like he's playing DiMeo, scaring the shit out of Christopher father.

• Like 1

DiMeo was the head of the family that Tony eventually became the Don of (It went Ercoli -> Jackie Aprile Sr -> Tony)

I'm taking a swing that he's calling off Dickie from Tony at Johnny and Junior's request. But I'm just assuming (Liotta being in prison lines up with Ercoli eventually ending up there causing Jackie to take over in teh first place.)

• Like 1

Yeah, I know who DiMeo was supposed to be. What I'm wondering is how they cover the card game getting held up and how they get away with it (the latter might be what's happening in that scene). And also, if they even bother coming up with a young guy who remotely looks like Steve Buscemi. 

Edited by Curt McGirt

Two new Jungle Cruise trailers - they are same but different as each one focuses on showing from the Rock and Emily Blunt's respective characters perspective.

Both start with like a minute long promo from each actor

On 1/11/2021 at 9:54 AM, RIPPA said:

Warner Brothers has worked out an agreement with Legendary Entertainment (aka gave them extra money to stop their bitching) and Godzilla vs. Kong will officially release in theaters and on HBO Max on May 21, 2021

The two sides are close to finalizing a similar deal for Dune

I finally saw the Dune trailer that was released last fall.  It looked pretty awesome.  Batista looks scary AF as the Beast Rabban.

• Like 1