DVDVR Message Board

2021 UPCOMING MOVIES DISCUSSION

RIPPA

5 hours ago, Jiji said:

People are pointing out a screen cap from early on when they show Godzilla destroying stuff and saying it looks like Mechagodzilla. 

I rewatched King of the Monsters last night and one of the articles during the credits scene indicate Monarch was working on a robotic Godzilla while he was thought to be dead.

My guess is there's a Batman Vs Superman type story where they spend the first half of the movie fighting then have to team up against whatever the big bad ends up being. The post-credits scene shows the ecoterrorists buying one of Ghidorah's heads so maybe Mecha-Ghidorah comes into play?

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Jiji said:

March 26th. Ugh, they made Kong the good guy and Godzilla the bad guy. I do not like that. Still gonna be the first dumb covid decision I will make in a year. I'm giving myself that. 

People are pointing out a screen cap from early on when they show Godzilla destroying stuff and saying it looks like Mechagodzilla. 

Eh, there's a couple of lines right at the end of King of the Monsters that basically says, "Glad [Godzilla's] on our side." "For now." So it's not completely out of the park that if humanity continues to fuck up G will spank us for it.

Spoiler for post-credit scene from same:

Spoiler

It could also be something that comes from the group that found one of Gidhora's heads.

I was sorta iffy about the Borderlands movie because while I like Cate Blanchett I really don't like Eli Roth

Well now Kevin Hart has been cast as Roland so we are getting to a whole lotta nope from me

• Like 2

16 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I was sorta iffy about the Borderlands movie because while I like Cate Blanchett I really don't like Eli Roth

Well now Kevin Hart has been cast as Roland so we are getting to a whole lotta nope from me

The Rock petitioned for years to be Roland in a Borderlands live action joint and the role goes to Kevin Hart?  Fuck that movie.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 2

On ‎1‎/‎26‎/‎2021 at 7:38 AM, RIPPA said:

Ben Wheatley is no longer attached to direct the Tomb Raider sequel

It is now being written and directed by Misha Green (Lovecraft Country)

Lovecraft Country had compelling characters and stories and Get Out was an instant classic, so I am not really worried about Misha's writing skills.  I am confident that her Tomb Raider script will be top shelf and she will do Lara Croft some justice.

I am curious to see how Misha will handle a pure actioner while in the director's chair and I wonder if she will remain poised when she has access to a decent sized budget. 

Some small screen directors will wither under the weight of a large pile of cash and the responsibilities that come with keeping a high profile movie on track.

Edited by J.T.

EsvvD-0XcAEpz-0?format=jpg&name=medium

Here's Kirsten Stewart as Princess Diana in the upcoming movie Spencer.   It's Pablo Larraín's imagining of the weekend where she decided to leave Prince Charles.  Guess we'll be getting a trailer soon. 

• Like 1

On 1/27/2021 at 4:49 PM, J.T. said:

The Rock petitioned for years to be Roland in a Borderlands live action joint and the role goes to Kevin Hart?  Fuck that movie.

I'd like to hear the thought process on that one! Holy shit! I can't help but to think of that skit from MTV's The State, where the guy who "looks like a F'N blueberry" auditions for a blueberry-themed childrens' show, but the casting directors/producers have their mind set on Richard Dreyfus!

• Like 5

Rumble has been delayed till Feb 18, 2022. It was scheduled for May 14, 2021

This is the animated movie about monster's wrestling that has voices from Roman Reigns and Becky Lynch

The Baz Luhrmann Elvis Biopic has been delayed to June 3, 2022 (it had been Nov 2021)

Sources report that the studio’s decision to delay the film, which was originally set to be one of its large slate of films to debut in theaters and on HBO Max simultaneously, spawns from the film still being in production in Australia with another five weeks of material left to shoot, making it highly unlikely to have made its November release on time without a rushed post-production.

• Haha 1

Hey Wicked still isn't dead

Per Deadline - Jon M. Chu has now signed on to be the director

The fact that it is still being billed as coming out this Christmas is amazing

• Like 1

The Peggy Lee biopic entitled Fever looks to be happening again

Michelle Williams will play Peggy Lee and it will be directed by Todd Haynes

Originally the movie was to be written by Nora Ephron and star Reese Witherspoon but everything went into limbo after Ephron's death

Deadline also noted that Billie Eilish is somehow getting involved as an Executive Producer

On 1/26/2021 at 4:55 PM, RIPPA said:

And now I am back to having to see this stupid movie because Jamie Lee Curtis just got cast as Tannis

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2021 at 1:56 PM, RIPPA said:

And now I am back to having to see this stupid movie because Jamie Lee Curtis just got cast as Tannis

Isn't she a bit too old to play crazy ass Dr. Patricia Tannis?

3 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Isn't she a bit too old to play crazy ass Dr. Patricia Tannis?

Jamie Lee Curtis can play whoever she damn wants to

That being said - remember all of the Vault Hunters ages are older than you think (for the purposes of this movie - (Lilith(32) -Brick(41) -Mordecai(44)) So Tannis being older than all of them definitely makes sense

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Adam Wingard (Godzilla vs Kong, The Guest) has been tapped to co-write and direct the sequel to Face/Off

That's right - what was originally supposed to be a reboot or remake is, according to Wingard himself, a direct sequel

35 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Adam Wingard (Godzilla vs Kong, The Guest) has been tapped to co-write and direct the sequel to Face/Off

That's right - what was originally supposed to be a reboot or remake is, according to Wingard himself, a direct sequel

They should throw everyone a curve ball and have it be how the cop(can't remember which one it was) and his family dealt with the psychological implications of that whole ordeal. No action at all, not even in flashback form!

• Like 1