DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

I knew Rok-C was 19 but I didn't know Masha Slamovich was only 22.  This is the third good match in a row that I've seen Slamovich in and she brings out the STIFF in Rok-C.  This is really good even after the booking kicks in.

=======================

Man, Houston is just pumping out the matches.  Dig these two dudes.

======================

Richard Holliday is so good.

Oh man, Baby Extreme might be the third flashiest guy in this match because, of course, Vikingo, and also Octagon Jr is really slick.  Vikingo and Octagon Jr hit all sorts of synchronized moves.  Baby Extreme is a baby so he is adorable.

=============================

Shawna Reed is yet another gal who does the "I'm a crazy girl!" gimmick.  AEW should gather three or four of them together and form a stable.  They could have vignettes of their group therapy.  It would be AWESOME!  This match is fun, if not the smoothest match.  Alex Gracia is destined to be ignored on NXT.

===============================

Black Shadow II is beefy and brawny and thus wrestles as a rudo.  Baby Star must also be a jerk but, being a baby, he is an adorable jerk.  Angel Oriental Jr might be the flashiest luchador of this entire post- and this post has Vikingo in it.

The pre-be-eviling Starlight Kid and Mayu Iwatani has a perfectly fine match against Syuri and Giulia.  The best match is Himeka, Maika and Natsupoi against Tam Nakano, the Kenny Omega of Stardom,  and Mina Shirukawa and Unagi Suyaka, the Good Brothers of Stardom.  Natsupoi does that Ice Ribbon roll-up that only Ice Ribbon alumni are allowed to do. 

===========================

Shizuku Tsukata is Pro Wrestling WAVE and AKARI is Pure J so they have no beef.  Yurika Oka is Sendai Girls and Mei Hoshizuki is MARVELOUS so they hate each other's guts.  I hope this feud never ends.

=========================

Erica Leigh is good and from Richmond.  Becca has been wrestling ONE YEAR and is already THIS good.  She could be great if she would just embrace her inner evil person.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DEAN said:

The pre-be-eviling Starlight Kid and Mayu Iwatani has a perfectly fine match against Syuri and Giulia.  The best match is Himeka, Maika and Natsupoi against Tam Nakano, the Kenny Omega of Stardom,  and Mina Shirukawa and Unagi Suyaka, the Good Brothers of Stardom.  Natsupoi does that Ice Ribbon roll-up that only Ice Ribbon alumni are allowed to do. 

Shizuku Tsukata is Pro Wrestling WAVE and AKARI is Pure J so they have no beef.  Yurika Oka is Sendai Girls and Mei Hoshizuki is MARVELOUS so they hate each other's guts.  I hope this feud never ends.

Erica Leigh is good and from Richmond.  Becca has been wrestling ONE YEAR and is already THIS good.  She could be great if she would just embrace her inner evil person.

Becca has been great on Limitless The Road the last year or so. We interviewed her last year and it was pretty decent interview.

• Like 1

Dove Pro has so many facets.  Rey Paloma is a strange facet.  Also the greatness of T-Hawk.

====================

It's Jazmin Allure in Houston in an actual match.

====================

I've never heard of these two guys but this is pretty wild.

5 hours ago, D.Z said:

GLEAT ver 1 live 

GODDAM, T-Hawk vs Kawakami is my favorite match of the year.  So TOUGH!

• Like 1

I see that Manami is only 17 but Chihiro Hashimoto sells for her so Manami is a full member of the roster now.  Hashimoto is a monster as usual but her partner, Active Advance Pro Wrestling's Ayamee Sasamura, steals the show by hitting all these tricked out finishers.  Neato!

Rin Kodakura beats on Tomoko Watanabe for most of this match and then Watanabe remembers that she is from the high angle, dangerous 90's and brings the horror.  SCREWDRIVER~!

============================

Vertvixen has an actual wrestling match in Mission Pro in Houston against Raché Chanel- who is really growing on me.  She has a whimsical gimmick but she can really work and will lay it in so all her bases are covered for me.

• Like 1

Jennacide and Savannah Evans beat the crud out of each other.  Evans should get signed by somebody, she's got the size to fit into the Impact division and she will lay it in.

Okay, so Kimber Lee is the Wrestling Machine of the Knockouts.  She is awesome in this.  Purrazzo is also awesome.

======================

I dig this Gia Scott lady.  She is in the Queen Aminata/KiLynn King tall mold but her offense is more basic and nastier.

Sol and Águila Roja hit two of the craziest topes I've seen in a WHILE.  The rest of the match is perfectly serviceable indie lucha.

These kids today are all goofy and whimsical.  This match is as whimsical as the goofiest Tokyo Joshi Pro undercard match, but luckily Erica Leigh is all business when the bell rings.  Ziggy Haim is a good heel.

==========================

Relampago is so fun.  

Between this show and the last Mission Pro show, I truly believe there is enough high end talent from Houston to start a Stardom Texas.  Thunder Rosa or Booker T should start a Texas women's promotion that runs regularly and has a tv show.  The best wrestler out of Houston is Charity Kane.  She is sooo good.  Hyan vs Vert Vixen is the best match on this.  Hyan is awesome.

=================

Black Shadow II joins Aster Boy, Baby Extreme, Dragon Bane, Toxin and Demonio Infernal in the realm of wrestlers one must instantly watch.  Plus he's a FATBOY~!

=======================

I don't know who any of these guys are but your rudos are evil and athletic and your technicos are pure and graceful so I declare this "Good Lucha."

Chris Bey joins Jordynne Grace and Mike Bennett in the Perfectly Fine In The Televised Promotion, Much Better In The Indies category.  Here, he wrestles Booker T protege, Gino Medina.

The rudos are all dressed the same, which is always a plus.  They really beat on the crowd.

================================

Danni Bee is great because she gets heel heat simply by showboating the fact she is from Oklahoma but wrestling in Texas.  IDIOT REGIONAL RIVALRIES~!  C'mon guys, both states are filled with hicks.

We already know La Rosa Negra rules.  I am now sold on Masha Slamovich because this is match number four in a row that didn't suck.  They really lay it in.

Madi Wrenkowski is a fun weasly heel and she is awesome here being a jerk to Mia Friday, because Friday is fifteen and Madi has decided that this is a WOMAN's sport!  Mia Friday will be ungodly good when she turns 18.

Janai Kai I've never seen before but she's good.  Lady Frost lays it in, which I don't think I've ever seen her do before, but she s playing off Kai's shooter gimmick, I assume.

• Like 1

It's a lot of youngsters in 4 tagteam gauntlet match.  So that's what Lady C looks like.  Hina and Rina are on opposing teams, breaking their wee 14 year old hearts, no doubt.  Maika, Konami, and Death bring the veteran presence.

========================

This is good match number five for Slamovich.  Houston has transformed her,

========================

I keep watching his match.  I THINK it's good.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DEAN said:

Hina and Rina are on opposing teams, breaking their wee 14 year old hearts, no doubt.

I mean they are on opposing teams usually. I doubt their hearts were broken unless they would have rather teamed up to beat up their big sister.

• Like 1

Charity Kane is the best of the unsigned Texas women.  Her offense looks so legit and I dig her no-nonsense attitude.  Raychell Rose is really good.

==============================

This is from somewhere n he Northeast- possibly Rhode Island.  These two guys can really go but they both look so undersized and indie that I can't see them going national anytime soon, but this match makes me want to see them again.

================================

Hikaru Shida has watchable match on Elevation with Dani Jordyn because they give Jordyn enough time to establish some credible offense and Shida sells it like a champ.

This has a truncated Mayu Iwatani/Giulia match but the best match on this is Natsupoi against Koari Yoneyama doing a Shakes The Clown gimmick.  Natsupoi is so spunky.

This is good.  This is a Mexican Russ Meyer movie.

OMG!  My new favorite indie women's wrestler is Mean Little Kathleen!  So many great facial expressions, she is a teeny version of William Regal.