DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

Saya Kamitani and Starlight Kid hook'em up!  Which is really good.  Giulia and Maika hook'em up and the finish is GNARLY! And Utami Hayashishima and Syuri have a faint glimpse into the epic they would have a month later.

==================================

Tetsuya Endo takes on British lanky Texan, Chris Brookes. Which should have probably ended with the complete lunatic spot at 12:30.

==============================

Shinjiro Ohtani, who is wrestling everywhere these days, I assume he will show up wrestling Rok-C in Houston at some point in the next few months, takes on beefy dude, Shu Sakurai from Ganbare Pro!  IN GANBARE PRO!  Can Secret Base be too far off for Ohtani?

• Like 1

Lord Ohtani is rocking that Lee Van Cleef "Escape from New York" tight hair ring like a champ. Remember when Ohtani was young and spry as opposed looking like the Salaryman who is kicking your ass because you took his stapler?

James

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DEAN said:

Giulia and Maika hook'em up and the finish is GNARLY!

Yeah unfortunately for Giulia, Maika was slightly out of position and slightly hurt with her leg wrapped. Does make me wonder what Stardom's concussion protocols are since Giulia wrestled the very next day.

• Like 1

This match is good.  Rok-C is all nifty and whatnot.  Laynie Luck does some nice things. 

===================================

Aster Boy!  Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!  He's all slick and shit.

===================

Bryan Keith is a Booker T guy and he's plenty good.  I dig this Jonathan Vega guy.  HOUSTON!

Black Terry and Dr Cerebro take it to the mat while Avisman and Heddi Karanoui REALLY take it to the mat.  This a World of Sport version of Lucha Libre for our viewing pleasure.

=============================

Annoying teenager Manami is really developing into a good wrestler.  Here she is with inexplicable wrestler from Active Advance Pro Wrestling, Ayame Sasamura.

================================

Hey!  Freelance is once again wearing a mask for reasons unexplained.  Relámpago is the best in this.  Your rudos are old school, which is what you want.

• Like 1

Miyuki Takase goes up against Ast (Chiaki) of the Sky Rex contingent.  Sky Rex is a AGW stable of folks who dress like the crew of a space ship.  They lay it in.

Speaking of Mayuki Takase, this is her tag team partner in Luminous, Haruka Umesaki.  She's the Stevie Ray of the tag team, but she is pretty good.  DASH Chisako gets annoyed at her touching her hair.

===========================

Davienne is a big mean lady.  Delmi Exo is perfectly fine.

• Like 1

Oh man, Rok-C is on a roll.  Raychell Rose is really good.  This match is all hard-edged until the kinda goofy ending.

============================

Shigehiro Irie and Basara boy, Fuminori Abe in Colega Pro against Dylan James and Quiet Storm.

This is the second Vicious Vicki match and she carries Masha Slamovich to the best match I've seen her have.  So I'm guessing Vicious Vicki is someone I need to keep an eye on.

Lady Frost vs Tasha Steelz:

Plus a really long post-match angle setting up a match for later in the night, that isn't on YouTube.

• Like 1

This match is filled with exciting lucha libre.  Black Taurus is awesome in this.  Dragon Bane and Canis Lupus being RockNRoll Express babyfaces is strange but highly effective.  State of the Art!

=================================

I love this match.  They do this thing I've never seen in a match before-  a chain of submissions when each makes a save by locking in a submission and taking the first victim's place.  Dr Cerebro is totally awesome in this.

========================

Relampago has joined Aster Boy in the must watch column. Here they are tagging together!

• Like 1

GLEAT put out their entire 5/26 G Prowrestling card and it's pretty much good all the way through.  The main event is Kaz Hayashi, CIMA, and Minoru Tanaka (TEAM OLD!) vs fuckin T-Hawk, fuckin El Lindaman and Soma Watanabe and it is a hoot.  There is also a really good match between Yu Iizuka, the future of Japanese Pro Wrestling, and Ayato Yoshida, a really good guy from Active Advance Pro Wrestling.  Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, watch all of it.

======================

ActWres girl'Z continues to put out more pro wrestling, focusing on either the Space Ship people or the Space Pirate people.  I wonder if they will have a 12 woman match of the Space Ship people against the Space Pirate people.  I would watch that, and you probably wouldn't.  Anyhoo, Ayumi Hayashi is the normal wrestler.  NARU, who is wrestling as ADO, is the space pirate.  There is more screaming than usual in this Joshi match- and there is usually a lot of screaming in a Joshi match.

=======================

This is good.  Bengalee hits a fucking beautifully horrendously hurty looking tope.  She is the toughest Denny's waitress in all of Mexico.

• Like 1

For a bunch of guys I've never heard of, Coastal Championship Wrestling draws a crowd.  This match is a hoot because it's in Florida and there is heat from a crowd ready to have a good time.  Anthony Catena is your Super Worker.

=======================

Erica Leigh is from Richmond and I'm assuming she was a VCU art student.  Riley Shephard is from New Jersey and was trained by Punishment Martinez.  A very offbeat match.

=======================

Pro Wrestling WAVE is having sort of Young Lions tournament and it has Tomoka Inaba in it.  She's  not in this match though.  It does have ActWres girl'Z gal, Momo Kohgo- which is fun to say.  She is up against WAVE trainee, Shizuku Tsukata, in this- her 19th match.  Hopefully they both get a sandwich for being in the tournament because they both need one. 

On 6/14/2021 at 1:47 PM, DEAN said:

First there was Baby Extreme then there was Baby Star and now there is Baby Camaleón!  Yea!  BABIES!  Babies are so cute.

======================

Hey! That was Roxxy from WWC.  And now there is the nuevo Monster Ripper,  I give you NANCY!  Puerto Rican women's wrestling is the hidden treasure of the wrestling world.  I don't understand the cut away footage at the end.

=======================

Yes!  It's Ryan Oshun!  He pisses off hicks in Mississippi!  And he throws good punches.  Why does every building in Mississippi look like this?

That is cause most towns in MS have a civic center that also doubles as a cattle auction arena. Pro Wrestling 225 is based in south LA. But with all the restrictions in LA they have been running shows in MS for the last year.

We just watched part of that 225 show the other day.  The ref in the match is DJ. He owns a ring that a pile of feds use. And tried to get the state of LA to do away with the LA wrestling comission. Well that didn't work and the State of LA pulled DJ's promoter's license and refuses to give him another. So he moved Elite Championship Wrestling from Houma LA to Pensacola FL.

• Like 1

Oh man, Chihiro Hashimoto and Yuu are the funnest tagteam in Japan.  Kaho Kobayashi is all crafty and wiley being in the ring with two big mean ladies.  AKARI I've vaguely seene wrestle because she pretty much hangs out in the Pure-J basement, but she is really good with the hard edged wrestling.  She is Chilean and Chileans are great at pro wrestling.  Is it unfair that I feel cheated now when Chihiro Hashimoto doesn't hit the Buzz Sawyer Powerslam?  Maybe I'm being a little unfair...

=======================

Maybe Coastal Championship Wrestling is the best indie on earth.  I do know that Hector Perfecto is the best weasly, sniveling heel in all of Florida.  This is a wrestling match you should take your kids to go see.

=====================

Speaking of weasly, sniveling heels, watch Robo the Punjabi Lion beat the life out of Logan Easton LaRoux.

• Like 1

When  first saw this, I was like, "Cool! It's Mio Momono!"  Then I saw her opponent, I was like, "Oh cool it's Momo Gohko!"  Her name is fun!  But then I find that it was the woman Momo was wrestling earlier his week, 26 year old WAVE rookie, Shizuku Tsukata.  Being the first match after being murdered by Chihiro Hashimoto, I assumed Mio would murder the rookie.  But Mio is a slave to the Good Match, so she sells a lot for the youngster (even though Mio is 23 and three years younger) so this is pretty good for Mio match but great for Tsukata's 20th match.

======================

So Jordynne Grace is like Mike Bennett, perfectly fine in the main promotion, waay better on the indies.  Laynie Luck is really growing on me- as she dishes out some caustic offense here.

===========================

Mei Hoshizuki is the nineteen year old grandma from MARVELOUS who is lording the Sendai Junior Heavyweight title over fifteen year old Kanon of Sendai Girls.  They screw up a couple things, but Kanon is really expanding her offense, going deep into the powerslams.  I guess she is being mentored by Chihiro Hashimoto.  So this is more than a lot of dropkicks.

I see that Australia is the Houston of Australia, in that they have a lot of really good indie wrestlers to watch.  Here it's a clash of New Japan guys going back home.  Man, Mikey Nichols is a great territory heel.

========================

I see that Mexico is the Houston of Mexico, and one the indie guys to watch is Relámpago.

========================

I see that Houston is the Houston of Houston.  I dig Bryan Keith and Jonathan Vega.  Here, they beat the living dogshit out of each other.

Pretty Proper vs Sea Stars:

And the Tasha Steelz vs KC Navarro match they built up last week:

Edited by AxB

I pretty much love a lucha match where they attack the audience.  I just love the psychology of the match being so out of control that you as a paying customer are actually in the way of these two guys trying to murder each other.  This match they go after the crowd like it owes them money.  Gravity still has a great mask.

Where has Tina San Antonio been my whole life?  She is awesomely old school.  Another Riley Shepherd match this week!  I like that she lays it in.

======================

Freelance is wearing a mask again.  More Dr Cerebro this week!  He is also awesome in this little match.

I have a lot of quality wrestling (well... wrestling you should see) so I will be lightly spamming the thread today.  Hey!  I'm retired!  I watch internet wrestling all day.

This is an odd pairing- Rocky Romero and Jake Crist against Aramis and Dragon Bane (Tenryu is booking indie lucha?).  Aramis is the flashiest in this match, which is strange for a match with Dragon Bane in it.

===============================

One of the best scummy indies in all of Japan in Dove Pro.  The Stronghearts invade and try to take the tag belts.  El Lindaman is always awesome but the one to watch in this match is Tiiiida, an Asian Cougar-esue crazy high flyer who I first noticed in his try out match for GLEAT.  He is the Aster Boy of the Japanese indies.

Here's two women I have not seen before and they look they have a future in the burgeoning world of US women's wrestling.  Alex Sky was trained by the Dudleys.  Kelsey Reagen is unknown to the Cagematch.net.

Here are some flawed matches that you should probably watch anyway.

Man, I hate 3-way matches.  This should have been KiLynn King and Holidead beating the life out of each other, and they do, but you also have Marti Bell in the match.  It's just stupid.  

========================

Oh my GOD, I love Bengalee.  She is the new Ciclon Ramirez because you just wait for the ass stomping tope.  Here you have to bull through some pretty crappy lucha but it pays off.  Or just skip to 11:50.

=======================

in case you were wondering what Tokyo Joshi Pro is like left to its own devices without Rika Tatsumi, Miyu Yamashita, Maki Itoh, Yuka Sakazaki or Shoko Nakajima, you get a lot of this.

And your heart starts beating hard, I'm gonna keep on dreaming.  The Mayu Iwatani/ Himeka match was cut short right before Mayu's intensity could make it transcendent or something.  The Syuri match is good.  I should probably start trying to recognize Unagi Sayaka and the other non-Tammy Nakano Cosmic Angel.

===============================

Awesome!  The Dallas vs Houston feud is back!  I love Larger Than Life so much.  The announcers are such Houston homers, I can only assume they know Kurt.

===================================

Allie Recks is good.  She should hold out for Impact since Impact has more big mean ladies and the match versus Max the Impaler was better than the Angelina Love match.

• Like 1