DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

Atsushi Kotoge challenges Seiki Yoshioka for NOAH junior heavyweight belt.

========================

The Kyushu Pro Youth Hoss, Kodai Nozaki, battles Alejandro.

=======================

PPP barflies, Bambi and Makoto... beautiful... mysterious.... are back in the cage.

• Like 1

I will slowly post AJPW here in this post. 

Yoshitatsu and Osamu vs Evolution 

NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi) (c) vs. Purple Haze (Shigehiro Irie & Zeus) for the world tags

Koji Iwamoto & Shotaro Ashino vs. TOTAL ECLIPSE 

Edited by D.Z
  • Like 1

Man!  This is an old school lucha matwork match- akin to Negro Navarro vs Negro Navarro.

==========================

YEA! IT'S ABADON!

============================

Maki Itoh works Riho's back.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, D.Z said:

Yoshitatsu and Osamu vs Evolution 

This match is awesome.  Who knew that Nishimura would start laying it in as grows elderly.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, D.Z said:

NEXTREAM (Kento Miyahara & Yuma Aoyagi) (c) vs. Purple Haze (Shigehiro Irie & Zeus) for the world tags

This match is filled with HATE.  Kento Miyahara makes Shigehiro Irie look god-like by selling an assbeating like a champ.

• Like 1

Meiko Satomura and KAORU take on Chihiro Hashimoto and the very young and less annoying Manami.

=======================

Maika and Himeka take on Bea Priestley and Konami!  FOR THE BELTS!

The awesome Strong Hearts- fuckin T-HAWK and Shigehiro Irie- return to Colega Pro.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, D.Z said:

DDT Barbed Wire Casket Death Match:

Shunma Katsumata (c) vs. Chris Brookes

This is a weirdly good match.  Especially when your rapey clown is a bump freak.

• Like 1

Pro Wrestling HEAT-UP! showboats the ActWres girl'Z with SAKI grappling with Yuko Sakurai in the multi-purpose room.

DASH Chisako takes on Hanako Nakamori, who seems content to spend most of her career wrestling in the Pure J basement.

Hey!  They actually utilize the TFC bar and grill and take it out of the cage!  PPP!

• Like 2

The Australian and New Zealand indy scenes have been getting closer to back to business as usual the last few months so I thought I'd post some matches from this year. Most shows have been running to about 50-75% venue capacity and enthusiasm has been pretty high from audiences and wrestlers alike.

Charli Evans vs Jessica Troy from PWA in Sydney last week. Violent, hate and weapon filled brawl.

Marcus Kool vs NIWA from SPW in Invercargill, New Zealand. Fun and aggressive match.

Riot City Wrestling in Adelaide, South Australia put up all their shows online for free and put out a really fun product. This is a show that's produced with Adelaide's Fringe Festival and is basically wrestling moving into a lot more mainstream circles here. The show is fun and the main event tag is great, very character and story driven.

Melbourne City Wrestling having their return show after 12 months in February with Slex vs Adam Brooks headlining. I figure this is a match that some might either love or hate, this is an over the top epic.

Last one. One of the better matches of our scene revival in 2021, a death match fed but the undercards have matches of heavyweights just beating the shit out of each other in straight wrestling matches. Tommy Knight is probably going to be the next big thing to come out of Australia, 300lb guy with a fighting background and an adoration of old school violence.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DeadEffect said:

The Australian and New Zealand indy scenes have been getting closer to back to business as usual the last few months so I thought I'd post some matches from this year. Most shows have been running to about 50-75% venue capacity and enthusiasm has been pretty high from audiences and wrestlers alike.

Charli Evans vs Jessica Troy from PWA in Sydney last week. Violent, hate and weapon filled brawl.

No WAY!  I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THIS MATCH.  It really is great, except for one spot where they take too much time to set up a big chair spot.

This is a fun ladies match.

================================

Hiroyo Matsumoto against the big mean lady from Pure J.

Diasuke Ikeda stops in at A-Team Pro Wrestling on his way home.

• Like 1

This match is fucking awesome until the baffling end.  Aster Boy buys hot death at 25:53.  Fresero and Demonio Infernal are fucking awesome in this.

This match is very good.  Aramis is awesome.

=============================

This is some quality midcard lucha.

• Like 1

And it's..... GLEAT!

T-HAWK~! in Colega Pro Wrestling. Tagging with Shigehiro Irie against two Colega Pro Shmoes.

------------------------------------------

T-HAWK~! beats the dogshit out of some indie chud and then CIMA and Irie tagging.

• Like 1

This match is insane.

------------------------------------------------

This is some good Lucha Libre.

---------------------------------------

This is a good Dragon Gate undercard match.  They tell a little story.

• Like 2

New Texas Hoss Battle!

Villano III Jr is such a great punk ass heel.

This match meanders a bit but after a while they get to laying it in.  Mayuki Takase will lay it in.

• Like 1

Shigehiro Irie goes up against Naoki Tanizaki from Dove Pro Wrestling.

===========================

Makoto.... beautiful.... mysterious.... is back at the TFC bar and grill cage against Miyako Matsumoto,  of whom I believe I have missed the entire career.

======================

Hey, it's Rok-C.

• Like 2

I hope this is the first of a zillion Leyla Hirsch versus Ryo Mazinami matches.  This is how you start to get Hirsch over.

=================================

Some quality Lucha Libre.

• Like 1

On 3/22/2021 at 5:48 PM, D.Z said:

AJPW

Triple Crown

Suwama selling the two submissions really make this match.  He kinda was a little too aggressive in killing Yoshitatsu, but it really brings the quality to the match.

• Like 1