DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

I had forgotten about Cole Radrick.  He wrestles Max Heights in Texas in a good little match.

================================

WrestleForce is my favorite British indie because the announcer is so good.  Voodoo is a British version of an Impact! midcard secret quality wrestler.  Smashing Mike is spunky.

==================================

It's Veda Scott, who is announcing every women's match on the North American continent currently.  Rebel Kel will lay it in.

I think this is Rok-C's first ROH title defense. I hope Killer Kelly comes back soon.  This is stiff!

========================

ActWres girl'Z pits space pirates versus space travelers!  This is oddly good.  Chiaki is adorable.

=========================

This is the third time this match-up has showed up on the internet this year.  Lady Frost is on the BRINK of getting a steady gig on TV.  I don't know why Heather Monroe isn't at least signed to WOW.

• Like 1

This match is really good but strange.  It's like Yuu and Chihiro Hashimoto planned on a match with a different tagteam and they were suddenly given Ami Miura from Active Advance Pro and Hakura Umesaki from Diana.  So I guess they said, "Hmm,  Miura is big and tall,  have her wrestle like Dynamite Kansai and we'll see how it goes."  And it goes pretty well.  They beat the hell out of each other and I ended giving a shit about a match with Ami Miura in it.  Yuu is your superstar in this, getting over Miura's offense suddenly.

============================

Bullitt and Dan Maloney are British guys, but they wrestle like IMPACT! midcard heavyweight guys, except a little better.

Stephanie Vaquer and Metalika bring it.  I love this match because the face/heel line is razor thin.

• Like 1

ROH has these two guys on the roster but they can't draw enough to allow crowds, which is pathetic, because ROH has a bunch of folks who can go and Mike Bennett and Chris Dickinson can REALLY go.  For the awesome underground CFWFPLACES belt!  I assume the winner will be the Harley Race of UWN and will be required to defend the title in Hollywood, Memphis and Atlanta.  I assume Atlanta will be the St Louis territory of this scenario.

=============================

I love Ganbare because they got Yanu Manase and started a women's division, and they wrestle in what looks like a parking deck, but is actually adjacent to a food court of a shopping mall. HARUKAZE is Manase's Ganbare rival!

Australia is full wildly athletic wrestlers and Royce Chambers is reglar gymnast.  Rocky Menro is a wily veteran and is awesome in this.

• Like 1

I probably fast forwarded over all the Buddy Matthews matches in WWE.  I notice now that I shouldn't have because he fucking RULES.  Here, he makes KC Navarro look like fout million bucks.  AEW needs to sign this guy and make him the third member of FTR.

======================

It's the British Rock N Roll Express against a different British Rock N Roll Express.  This match is good, but they both need a British Midnight Express.  And the best announcer in the game today.

========================

It's KiLynn King (who I am suspecting is secretly signed to AEW) against Katalina Perez, who is ranking up there with La Rosa Negra in the Why Aren't These Ladies Signed By Anyone Yet sweepstakes.  This is good.

Bryan Keith is awesome.  Here he is in Booker T's ROW, laying it in like Booker T will teach you.

==================================

Toxin is generally the peak of indie lucha, but specifically he does the Super Calo tope to the floor and we party and freak out.  Aramis is showing up in my wrestling life a lot lately.

=====================================

Hey! She's back! It's big mean lady, Regina Rosendahl!  She fucking kills Maria Del La Rosa. Gnarly!

Jesus Christ, Allysin Kay is sometimes so fucking awesome.  This is one of those times.  Joseline Navarro takes an assbeating and does a fun comeback. 

==============================

Hyan is so fucking awesome.  This is the first time I've seen Alex Windsor and she is STIFF!  Hyan versus Allysin Kay and Allysin Kay vs Alex Windsor are new match-ups I'm looking forward to - hopefully on IMPACT!  Alex Windsor does the greatest postmatch hug of the year.  FUCK YEAH!

Dreamgirl Ellie is an up and comer on the indie scene.  Here she is in a cool women's tournament somehwere in Mississippi or Louisiana.  Katelyn Black is good.

Oh man, KiLynn King goes to Florida to wrestle in the best indie in the state and she and Sofia Castillo have a really good, stiff match.  King is so good.  I dig this Sofia Castillo woman.  She'll fucking lay it in.

======================

Okay, so Manami is going from good wrestler to REALLY good wrestling, as she takes perfectly fine Pure-J undercard (PURE-J UNDERCARD!) Chie Ozora and drags a good match out of her.  So Manami is going to be a superstar someday- maybe sooner than later.

=================

Oh man, this match is a hoot.  Bengalee and Satania take on each by taking on the crowd and crushing the crowd.  A real manic energy at work here.  So fun!

• Like 1

Alec Price has the most punchable face in wrestling and Kevin Ku punches it early and often.  Price can actually go.  He's the actual character MJF is playing.

So when Masha Slamovitch got good, she got really good.  Megan Bayne is usually okay with an offbeat gimmick.  Here, Masha brings out the ass stomper in Bayne and this match is the best match Bayne has done that I've seen so far, like how Masha makes Willow Nightengale a fun wrestler.

Bunny Mallow is cute and adorable.  Kira Chimura is an angry goth French woman.  Chimura beats Bunny Mallow to death.  Chimura is awesome.

On 10/18/2021 at 9:49 PM, DEAN said:

I probably fast forwarded over all the Buddy Matthews matches in WWE.  I notice now that I shouldn't have because he fucking RULES.

Yeah you should check out his matches with Roman, Ali, Cedric, really his Juggernaut of the Cruiserweight division run in general.

• Like 1

HOLY FUCK! Syuri versus Takumi Iroha is the modern version of Lioness Asuka versus Yumiko Hotta.  It's not like it's hate-filled, just reallly, really intense.  Syuri is in two of the top five matches I've seen this year.  Iroha is the best, most versatile wrestler on earth.  Oh yeah, Mayu Iwatani versus Starlight Kid is really fucking awesome too.  Stardom dominates Japanese wrestling.

=========================

Two days, two Alex Windsor matches.  This one is against IMPACT! knockout, Jordynn Grace.  Grace is an interesting wrestler- legit power lifter who is agile, married to Jonathon Gresham, but not quite as good on the mat- sorta like a gender swap of Akira Hokuto and Kensuke Sasaki.  Alex Windsor is like fellow British ladies in the Toni Storm and Jamie Hayter ilk, physical, nasty offense, well trained.  This is good.

===========================

I'm guessing Davienne and Ava Everett are close friends because they fucking beat the hell out of each other.  The best seven minute indie match of 2021.

• Like 1

Enjoy Wrestling! Night Moves! Season 3 episode 1!

• David Lawless, Mr Grim & The Runway vs Veda Scott, Erica Leigh, PB Smooth & Rob Killjoy
  • Derek Dillinger vs Willow Nightingale

But the really interesting matches are in the upcoming weeks.

It's a batch of DDT guys you wanna see wrestle.  Yuji Hino is the main one for me, but you also got Tetsuo Endo, Yuki Ueno, Chris Brookes and Kazusada Higuchi, who uses a BRAIN CLAW!  And MOA who is perfectly fine.

GLEAT brings the UWF shootstyle!  This is the whole card and most of it neat but not BattlARTS level, except for the Daichi Hashimoto versus Yu Iizuka, which is fucking fabulous.  Tatsuo Nakano is on this and he is one year older than ME, at 56.  But what we overlook is that he is wrestling Kaz Hayashi who is 48.  Nakano looks pretty old in this but for about two minutes he looked like he looked in 1995, so let's hear for my elder!  The tag match with Minoru Tanaka is pretty good because Tanaka used to be in BattlARTS and he isn't afraid of hard way.  But yeah, the main event you want to see.  Daichi Hashimoto is a plodding dirtbag up against the future of shootstyle and it's good.

Whoever is running Sendai Girls now that Meiko Satomura is in Great Britain- Shinzaki or DASH, I'm guessing, send folks to wrestle on Niigata Pro, to supplement the matches with DDT and Big Japan guys.  Here, the secret Joshi wrestling machine, Mika Iwata, takes on sudden Actual Wrestler, teen sensation, Minami.  Iwata will beat the hell out of you so you might as well lay it in, and Manami does, so this is good.  

• Like 1

Okay, so Manami is now a really fun underdog face when faced with the meat grinder that is Yuu and Chihiro Hashimoto.  Mika Iwata uses all of her nastiness of offense to try to keep Manami vertical and breathing, but Yuu and Chihiro Hashimoto are a buzzsaw.  Chihiro hits the nastiest released German Suplex of 2021- noting that the German she beat Mio Momono with was an EVEREST German.  Solid gold.  Manami is a superstar.

==========================

More non WoS British indie guys.  More like ROH midcard guys, so this is really good.

===========================

The RETURN OF ASTER BOY!  He is becoming more of a complete wrestler and less of just a spot-machine.  He does fuck up and totally kill Puma de Oro at the end.

This might vanish soon so get it while it's hot! Also...

Spoiler

No blood?! Are you fucking kidding me? That has to be either a rib or Gage trying to prove he can work a match without it. 

EDIT: God that is terrible. It might be worth watching just to see how bad it is. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Like 1

Rex Andrews is the secret Houston good wrestler, while Will Allday is the Texas known quantity.  This match is fucking great until the amazingly shitty finish.

===================================

The Yung Goats are the indie-est-looking tagteam in Memphis and they are becoming more of the flea market Steiners with each outing.  Allied Empire is awesome because Ken Dang looks like Osamu Tachihikari had a midnight rendezvous with a Waffle House waitress in 1997 and his lovechild wants to walk in his father's footsteps.  Derrick King rules on commentary.

=================================

What a strange match.