DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

Two recent Speedball matches. First time I've seen either of his opponents, but they're pretty good as well.

Embedding videos from Facebook doesn't seem to work, but here's a full FNW show from August 5th, containing Michael Oku vs. Connor Mills and Chris Ridgeway vs. Doug Williams amongst other matches:

https://fb.watch/7LK6zHXrNs/

• Like 1

I know this is in with Thunder Rosa who can carry anybody, but if this is Karen Tran's EIGHTH match, I see a bright future ahead.  Of course,  Thunder Rosa MIGHT be the female Bret Hart.

==================================

Oh man, this is an embarrassment of riches.  I can't decide which is better, Syuri and Kamitani going at it, Momo Watanabe and Mayu Iwatani just beating the fudge out of each other, or Maika having the match of life against Hayashishita.  You decide!  AWESOME! HIGH END JOSHI!

=====================================

I think I've seen Kaun wrestle twice on ROH as a member of SOS.  He looks really good here against the awesome Jacob Fatu.  Kaun should be in more hoss battles.  

• Like 1

On 8/31/2021 at 11:17 PM, DEAN said:

Khali's fed in India brings up more questions than answers.  Why the lady in the corner of the ring behind police tape?  Why the beck brace?  This feels a lot like 1995 ECW and thus it is awesome.   Plus, they lay it in.

So here's what I've pieced together:

-The lady is Divya, the ring announcer who also insists that she is the Queen of CWE. I think she's demanding to still do ring announcing stuff but as queen has an entourage for protection and fanning.

-Badshah Khan (who I've decided his gimmick is Man Who Cannot Control His Emotions) hates this dude named Avnish for some reason that's not clear. He tried to jump him, and, well...

And then Badshah sees someone watching some video he thinks is Avnish and chases him with the Cookie Sheet of Wrath, and, well...

By the way, Sardar Singh just posted a promo where him and his goons hang a man so I am pretty sure CWE is my new favorite company.

• Like 1

I think I might be flooding the thread with wrestling matches since many interesting wrestling matches have surfaced. HERE WE GO!

ROH rising star, Rok-C, defends her New Texas Championship against One Who Needs To Get Signed, Heather Monroe.  Monroe would fit in the Penelope Ford/The Bunny role in any televised fed.  Rok-C can be the Tay Conti of ROH.

==================

Hey!  It's Yuna Manase on the free internet!  In case you were wondering what the woman who trained everybody Emi Sakura didn't train was up to.  Ganbare is such an indy indy though it is owned by a major Japanese corporation.

======================

Niigata Pro is the El Paso of the Japanese Indies being Houston- a random variation on the overall goodness.  They always have Big Japan guys on the card and also this, Sendai Girls.  Manami is an annoying teenager early, but settles in to good wrestler as Mika Iwata lays it in to her.  Yurika Oka and Kanon are pretty high on the spectrum of Wrestlers Under 17 List Of Quality.

• Like 1

This match is motherfucking AWESOME.  This is the Jim Ross match of the year.  ROH needs to somehow bring in enough beef to emulate this match 12 times a year.  Shane Taylor Promotions are fucking awesome.  HOSS BONANZA!

==========================

It's Laynie Luck who has flirted with the new ROH women's division and who has been popping up on Elevation as of late, in Minnesota, up against the strangely unsigned Heather Monroe.  I note that breweries are the 2020's replacement for armories now.

=============================

Enjoying the NOAH assbeating.  Nakajima!  Sugiura!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nofuture said:

Leading up to their title match in a couple of weeks, Yuu and Ryo Mizunami face off in a pretty hard hitting tag match.

That match is so fucking good.

On 8/30/2021 at 8:34 AM, DEAN said:

Chris Basso and Mike Boomer are two Australian guys I am watching for the first time.  Australia dictates that you lay it in or a poisonous spider ends up in your boot.  So, yeah, they LAY IT IN!

==================

Both these guys have been bloody good for years, Basso is one of the founders of Riot City Wrestling and IMO they're probably the best promotion in Australia, just hard hitting and no bullshit pro wrestling goodness. Boomer is probably the most underrated guy in the country, has been around for 15+ years and though he doesn't wrestle in a lot of places, he's just consistently awesome whenever he does. 

• Like 1

Kyushu Pro put on a complete show under UWF rules today and my favorite Japanese part time wrestler Daisuke Nakamura is in the main event. The match is super-fun, if you enjoy good grappling. Also Masashi Takeda is back in a shoot style ring after his great match against Jonathan Gresham at Bloodsport a couple of years ago (well, maybe he had other shoot style matches since then, but I haven't seen them):

Full card:

Kodai Nozaki vs. Yukio Sakaguchi

Manabu Hara vs. Tetsuya Izushi

Masashi Takeda vs. Shuri Joe

Hitamaru Sasaki vs. Daisuke Nakamura

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Speedball Mike Bailey:

Jeremy Prophet & Jessika Black vs Mike Bailey & Kristera

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More Michael Oku:

The O.J.M.O. vs. Man Like Dereiss

• Like 1

One forgets how fun Mr Iguana is once one gets to the actual wrestling.

=====================

Rey Escorpion is a wrestling machine who fell off the face of the earth.  Here he is in 2021!

This match should have Bengalee in it, but it doesn't but it is pretty good.

On 9/2/2021 at 1:02 PM, DEAN said:

Oh man, this is an embarrassment of riches.  I can't decide which is better, Syuri and Kamitani going at it, Momo Watanabe and Mayu Iwatani just beating the fudge out of each other, or Maika having the match of life against Hayashishita.  You decide!  AWESOME! HIGH END JOSHI!

If you ever can catch these in full you should. Maika/Utami is probably Maika's best performance in Stardom. Momo/Mayu is easily one of the best matches the GP has seen.

• Like 1

It's Bear Country in indies!  Bobby Orlando and Bryce Donovan are like the 5th and 6th members of the Wingmen- as this is the best possible Dark Elevation match.

========================

It's Jordynne Grace in the indies!  Here, she beats the life out of Allie Kat.

====================

For those wondering, Exoticos in India do fucking lay it in.

• Like 1

It's funny that Heather Monroe is living in Florida, but I never see her wrestle in any Florida indies and I have never seen her working AEW Dark.

I'm guessing she wants to be in the WWE if she hits the big leagues.  It makes sense given that her CWFH homegirls, Lacey Ryan / Zoey Stark and Priscilla Kelly / Gigi Dolin, are in NXT and she's had her best matches against both of them.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

The story of Skye Blue getting herself over in AEW is told in the wrong order. The Riho match (which was released on Monday, last night) was first, in which the fans started to get behind her as an underdog babyface (despite facing the number one underdog babyface in the company). Then after that, she had the Red Velvet match (which was released on Saturday's pre-PPV Dark) where she was already a big hometown babyface. And she carried that momentum into the Battle Royal Sunday's PPV.

• Like 1

Hayashishita versus Kamitani!  STAR CRUSHER~! vs HI-JACK BOMB!  Man, I don't know who is better.  Probably Saya Kamitani, but Utami Hayashishita is sooo good.  Maika was prolly the one who came out the best in the tournament as she was on a roll, and here she and Syuri beat the living hell out of each other.  And you also have Giulia versus Mayu Iwatani.  Another embarassment of riches.  Maaaan, Stardom is deep.

=============================

From North Cackalacky, where my mother was born and my children's mother was born!  I love Bojack because he is a fellow fatboy, but the one to watch is T.I.M.  He is a mountain of glue to hold this match together.

===============================

And PPP Tokyo shows up on the internet!  It's Men's Taioh!  And the Slaternly Ladies Of PPP accompany Tanizaki from Dove Pro!  Now that's seedy.

• Like 3

PPP whips out a really good death match, with hardly any blood but lots of gnarley spots.  Takayuki Ueki is 29 years old with the scarred, leathery back of a 60 year old blacksmith.

=======================

The Euro-Wrestling keeps rolling in.  Here, it's Hungarian and very lucha influenced.  This is good.

===========================

This is super flashy lucha- which is my second favorite kind of lucha.

• Like 1

The Wednesday Influx of Wrestling is forcing me to post multiple times today. uu Yep.

Maki Ito and Miyu Yamashita are a neat tagteam- which used to be Ito playing it for laughs and Miyu doing the serious asskicking.  But now Maki Ito is a more serious wrestler so they fray at the edges.  The Miyu Yamashita/ Yuki Aino sections are really good.  Ito is very dramatic postmatch.

This match is a hodgepodge of good to bad but the Rok-C/Chelsea Green sections lead to what I assume we will get when  Rok-C gets the belt, because they already are awesome together.

Mio Momono and ASUKA are crazy athletic but this match concentrates more on Maria, who is also good.  Shindo also looks good in this.  I await her first GLEAT match.  Or AEW Dark match.  Tomoko Watanabe doesn't hit a Screwdriver, so we are all very sad.

• Like 1

I really like this match.  Demonic Flamita is such a true rudo in this, using rough tactics and bending the rules and not caring what the fans think of him.  Gravity is great as a technico, taking an assbeating and getting little bits of offense until he can finally get the upperhand.  Fabulous old school lucha libre,

============================

A new wrinkle in the Houston Wrestling Is All That Matters argument,  scummy looking guys who seem like they should be from Ohio or Indiana.  ASF and Izzy James look like truck stop dishwashers, but they do beat the nell out of each other and hit many impressively intricate variations on the dog collar match.  BRAVO, SLEAZY LOOKING DUDES OF TEXAS!

More MILITAR de la MUERTE!

So Masha Slamovich is maybe the best lady wrestler in the indies.  I have not ever really cared for Willow Nightengale until this match- as Masha brings the ass stomper out of her.  Intense Willow Nightengale is so much better than whimsical Willow Nightengale.  This is pretty great.

======================

I know Dani Jordan is a wee lass, but Rebel Kel is six feet tall, so this match is next in the Leyla Hirsch/Kamille Tiny Gal Versus Very Tall Gal series, and this is good.

=======================

Matsui Misa, or LIZ as she is called when representing SKYE REX, takes on  Yatagarasu, who isn't on the ActWres girl'Z website.  It has hilarious acting early, but then they just beat the living fuck out of each other.  So weird, so good.

AEW signed Lee Moriarty a few days ago.  Suzuki-gun is in AEW.  Zack Sabre Jr could enter the scene at any moment.  So many cravates.

Coastal Championship Wrestler is your premier indy of Florida and Marina Tucker is their ladies champ.  Here she has a good match youngster, Ashley D'ambroise.

Spectacular high-flyer, El hijo de Alebrije is all spectacular and shit against el Hijo del Pirata Morgan.

This match is so much fun.  Little Mean Kathleen and Becka lay it the fuck in!  Greatest street fight in the history of the suburbs of Massachussetts,  So great.

===============================

Jeff Cobb unleashed on the Texas indies is awesome.  Cobb is a beast.

==============================

More Eurowrestling.  This time from the United Kingdom.  Oli Peace and Connor Mills aren't very WoS, but this is still good.

• Like 1