DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

I dug this week's Ryo Mizunami's Match of The Week.  Abadon takes her time and makes everything mean something as she sells giant wads of Ryo offense.  Ryo being baffled by what she is wrestling and then mustering up the courage to take it to her is pretty great.  They could do a series of matches but I don't know what AEW booking thinks about these things.

===========================

Quality indie wrestling goes through Texas and this is from Thunder Rosa's Mission Pro.  Holidead and Jennacide go through the peculiar stalls of the carnival venue and it's fun!

==============================

Yet still more Galli Lucha Libre from Chicago, in case you were wondering what Gringo Loco is up to.  He truly shines in Galli.

10 hours ago, D.Z said:

Dawn of the Final Day. No fans but it's  K hall.

The Main Event

This was good.  Needed a crowd.

Two Texas indie guys go to Tampa and fuckin lay it in.  I assume AJ Gray or Bryan Keith will be in ROH or Impact in the next year.

============================

It's that Lady Frost lady I keep hearing about.  She wrestles Heather Monroe in Beaumont, Texas- because all indie wrestling goes through Texas.  Does Heather Monroe really call her finisher the Bitchinoku Driver?  That's awesome.

========================

It's the good but annoying 16 year old, Minami up against sullen and moody 15 year old, Kanon.  i have FOUR children older than both participants in this match.  Tony Khan should bring them over so my sixteen year old son can ask one of them to prom.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DEAN said:

Bitchinoku Driver

I've seen Heather before but she was mainly doing job duty those times.  But that's an incredible finisher name.  I also get a huge kick out of Trish Adora calling her finisher the Lariet Tubman.  Whenever she's wrestling on a live stream it never fails to make those on Twitter lose their minds hearing it for the first time.

• Like 1

MAN! There is LOT of watchable free wrestling on YouTube currently so I will be spamming this thread today.  I apologize in advance, but this stuff is backing up.  I begin with Texas indie ladies wrestling.

Rok-C's best match is against Impact champ Donna Purrazzo.  I need to watch more Purrazo.

==================================

Impact needs to sign Raychell Rose.  Watch her sell Jordyn Grace's offense and make her look truly monstrous.  Rose could work well with Impact's big, mean ladies.

===============================

Jazmine Allure is yet still another Thunder Rosa gal who has been wrestling for a year and is already good.  Here she is wrestling Dulce Tormenta in Mission Pro doing the lucha libre.

On to Japanese Women's Wrestling.

I think Kaho Kobayashi and Hiroyo Matsumoto are my new favorite tag team, but then again Arisa Nakajima and Nanae Takihashi still exists.  Either way.  It's more Yuu!  And my son's future prom date, Manami, is good and less annoying.

==================

it's the ten-man match from 4/4 between STARS and Oedo Tai.  Saya Iida ruins her knee in this match in what looks like a non-contact injury.

==========================

I know who Shoko Nakajima and Yuka Sakazaki are, so that helps to identify their tag partners- who are perfectly fine.  Nakajima and Sakazaki can go.  This needs a crowd.

======================

KAORU and Tomoko Watanabe have a combined age of 102.  REALLY!  So both aren't what they used to be, but then again who is?  Maria and Shindo have an average age of 20.5 so they do most of the heavy lifting until Tomoko Watanabe just fucking kills Maria.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DEAN said:

MAN! There is LOT of watchable free wrestling on YouTube currently so I will be spamming this thread today.  I apologize in advance, but this stuff is backing up. 

Ok, team, show of hands. Who else wants to peer pressure DEAN into compiling a unilateral PANDEMIC~~!!! 200 of 100 men and 100 women interspersed and ranked?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Matt D said:

Ok, team, show of hands. Who else wants to peer pressure DEAN into compiling a unilateral PANDEMIC~~!!! 200 of 100 men and 100 women interspersed and ranked?

I'd have to learn all the names of the two thousand indie luchadores and minor joshi wrestlers, and thus my brain would break.

• Haha 1

Some indie lucha libre.

El Hijo de Vikingo is all spectacular, though this match is more about Texano Jr and Mordok comically trying to get along even though they so totally EVIL!

=========================

How many dives, highspots and total death can you cram into 12 minutes?  A lot.  And sooooo many flips to enter the ring.  A trillion stars. ATHLETICISM!

========================

Mexica has a truly beautiful mask and Gravity has a cool mask.  The match is pretty good too.

======================

This is good too.

YOUR final post of the day.

Adam Priest would be perfect for the ROH Pure division if the are still going to that after people start paying to see them again.

====================================

From Hurricane Pro in Beaumont, Texas,  Mike Bennett, whom I have been oblivious prior to this match , has a really stiff, old school match with Ryan Davidson.

=================================

Vita VonStarr is bitey.  ROH put the belt on Sumie Sukai once for some reason.

This is Kaia McKenna's 8th match according to cagematch.net and she is already as good as Masha Slamovitch almost.  Seth Rollins trains em up.

You know how you can buy IWTV gift cards? I'm tempted to buy DEAN a month, just to see if his head explodes as he tries to watch the entire catalogue in 30 days.

• Haha 1

Fresero and Hijo del Espectro have a quality match going on and THEN!  ALL THE BLOOD ON EARTH!

===================================

Ivelisse is having a rough year.  First she has a problem with AEW and NOW she is literally almost killed by Su Yung- accidentally of course, as Su Yung slips during a Boston Crab and Ivelisse is superhumanly flexible enough to actually live through being bent into an impossible angle.  They eventually shake it off and have a good little match.

======================

I assume this is one of the last GLEAT matches without people attending, as they seem to be running in front of people now.  Kaz Hayashi and the other Futen Matsui take on Takinori ito and my favorite GLEAT wrestler, Yu Izuka.  Shootstyle returns!

• Like 1

So TAKA's trainees are earning their bones by wrestling in the very odd Pro Wrestling Magic Box.  Tomoka Inaba is the best of the JTO grads who aren't named Maika, and she is tagging with 19 year old rookie, Rhythm.  Makoto, beautiful....mysterious... tags with 30 year old rookie, Sumika Yanagawa.  This is good basic pro wrestling.  TAKA trains them right.

=========================

Aster Boy is so much fun.  I love his fruity embellishments.  El Hijo del Enfermero is your stand out rudo.

===================

This is some good lucha libre from the ladies of indie lucha.  Your rudos aren't having any of it.  So angry!

• Like 1

The GLEAT Rumble is as peculiar as you would imagine, but who knew it would be this fun.  Well, T-HAWK and Lindaman being in this helps immeasurably.

The WOAD is my new favorite lady indie wrestler.  Alejandro is yet another good Texas indie woman.

6 hours ago, DEAN said:

The GLEAT Rumble is as peculiar as you would imagine, but who knew it would be this fun.  Well, T-HAWK and Lindaman being in this helps immeasurably.

The WOAD is my new favorite lady indie wrestler.  Alejandro is yet another good Texas indie woman.

Alejandro is pretty decent. Seen her locally 4 times. 

• Like 1

Ludark, Stephanie Vaquer and Metálica are a super fun rudo trio.  Vaquer is such a Stephanie.

===============================

It's Dulce Tormenta who I just saw for the first time in Mission Pro last week.  Here she is in Mexico and she and Chik Tormenta have a thing about hating each other, .

========================

This is a good lucha libre match but Bengalee hits the craziest dive at the end.

So Heather Monroe joins Zoey Starks and Danny Limelight in having matches that are light years better than their matches in CWFH.  Queen Aminata will truly fucking lay it in and HEATHER MONROE MATCHES HER STIFFNESS!  This goes 28 minutes and feels like an epic main event.  Now to just move this match to a bigger platform.  So fucking good.  Heather Monroe is awesome when she shows her entire arsenal.

Mission Pro brings the goods.  Rache Chanel is an amusing wrestler who decides to beat the hell out of Leila Gray.  Leila Gray lays it in.

================

It's powerhouse Black Taurus wrestling in the biggest craft brew warehouse in Mexico!

I forget how good Bea Priestley is.  Utami Hayashishita is a method actor when selling and she is really good here.

========================

Mr Monkey has the greatest mask in the history of professional wrestling.  This match is whimsical and fun.

===========================

More from Mission Pro in Texas.  Here, Tesha Price and Madi Wrenkowski have a match beyond their years.  One should explore these wrestlers beyond their AEW squash matches.

• Like 2