DVDVR Message Board

Your 2021 Internet Match Thread

Noah Mark

On 4/14/2021 at 11:36 AM, DEAN said:

It's IMPACT vs AEW (sorta).  I gotta start watching Keira Hogan matches when they come on my TV.

Not from 2021,both are from 2016. But here is two matches with Kiera Hogan va Priscilla Kelly. Both from North Alabama lucha events.

Was wrong the second here happened in Dalton GA. 

• Like 1

Fuckin Arisa Nakajima!  With Nanae Takahashi, up against venerable veteran Chikayo Nagashima and 23 year old venerable veteran Tsukushi Haruka.  This match is very odd.  Arisa Nakajima lays it in.

==================

More decent, watchable Dragon Gate.

=====================

IWRG brings the good traditional Lucha Libre.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DEAN said:

Fuckin Arisa Nakajima!  With Nanae Takahashi, up against venerable veteran Chikayo Nagashima and 23 year old venerable veteran Tsukushi Haruka.  This match is very odd.  Arisa Nakajima lays it in.

This match is under High Speed rules which mean ref fast counts and pinfalls only occur with a flash pinfall or the competitor must run the ropes twice and then pin.

• Like 1

Daichi Hashimoto continues his four day foray into the indie weirdness that is Colega Pro Wrestling.  Here, he wrestles Naoki Tanizaki, a DOVE wrestling guy who was an Ultimo Dragon trainee in Toryumon.  1,743 matches!  Tanizaki looks like even more of a dirtbag than Hashimoto.

=======================

Man, J-STAGE is a strange promotion.  It appears via cagematch.net that they ran three separate shows at the same building on the same day.  PPP's Joji Otani wrestled on all three.  Here he is wrestling Daiki Shinmomura of the baseball stable in BASARA!  Now THAT'S indie.

=======================

It's Active Advance Pro Wrestling!  Takuro Niki trained in Wrestle-1, wrestled 24 matches, and then Wrestle-1 folded up the tents.  Here, he gets beaten on by Tank Nagai.

• Like 1

Must post this before DZ wakes up!  Maki Itoh takes on her tag team partner and my personal favorite Tokyo Joshi Pro Wrestler, Miyu Yamashita.  AEW should roll out a women's junior heavyweight title and put it on Maki Itoh.

========================

Ryo Mizunami and Leyla Hersch tag together and NOW WE'RE TALKIN!  Madi Renkowski is awesome in this, channeling Jimmy Heart to Ryo's Jerry Lawler. AEW needs to roll out women's tag titles and put them on Mizunami and Hersch already.

========================

Queen Aminata vs Rache Chanel in Tampa a few weeks ago.  This starts out pretty sloppy but they get it together by the end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, D.Z said:

Been long time but some NOAH

Sugiura-gun vs. Sugiura-gun 

So Kazuyuki Fujita vs Takashi Sugiura is going to RULE.

• Like 2

This is Dragon Bane versus Ninja Mack in Houston last month.  I was like, "Oh yeah, this is that guy AxB was talking about."  I'm pretty jaded to spectacular highflying but there are two points in this match where Ninja Mack did something and I went, "What the fuck just happened?"   Watch at 6:32.  WHAT THE FUCK?  And Dragon Bane is just conventionally awesome.

=======================

I have dug La Rosa Negra since way back when she would beat the hell out of folks in WWC in Puerto Rico.  Here, she is defending the Mission Pro belt against Sky Blue, who just had an ordeal wrestling Abadon yesterday on Elevation.  Rosa Negra's offense is scarier than Abadon and man, she lays it in.

========================

This showed up in my YouTube feed and it's indie ladies from South Carolina.  It's really good.  Stormie Lee is an old fashioned whiny heel who beats a ton of sympathy on great, great babyface, Dani Mo, the epitome of Myrtle Beach.

So much Cosmic Angels in this episode!  Cosmic Angels versus Mayu Iwatani, Starlight Kid and Saya Iida before she broke her knee.  The dynamic of Iwatana hating Tammy Nakano's guts is absolutely Watts-level MidSouth intense.  The hate in her eyes as she beats down Tam Nakano is like 80's-level joshi.  The other match is Maika and Himeka against Shirakawa and Sayakawa and it's perfectly fine.  Maika using her trainer's finisher is cool.

=============================

It's Impact's Jordynne Grace against Danhausen's friend, Allie Kat.  This is a battle of  burly women so it's awesome.

==============================

GLEAT shows up in J-STAGE!  Soma Watanabe, a Wrestle-1 refugee who latched on to GLEAT, takes on Jun Tonsho, a Wrestle-1 refugee, who hasn't caught on with a bigger promotion yet.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, D.Z said:

Ganbare Joshi

Ganjo Vs Actwres girl’Z Full-Scale Battle: Moeka Haruhi & HARUKAZE Vs Miyuki Takase & Ayumi Hayashi

Man, Takase will lay it in.

• Like 1

Miyu Yamashita and Hikari Noa take it to the mat.

================================

Mikoto Shindo of MARVELOUS invades Sendai Girls!  Master of the Buzz Sawyer Powerslam, Chihiro Hashimoto, fights her off!

========================

It's GLEAT's favorite son, Soma Watanabe, taking on venerable veteran, Minoru Tanaka.

• Like 1

Man, there's suddenly a ton of wrestling on the internet.  Luckily, I'm retired and can sit around yelling at my sons and watch wrestling all day.  This match is crazy.  This match has Dragon Bane, Hijo de Canis Lupus (who can do no wrong), Demonio Infernal and Toxin, but the highlight of this match is Aster Boy who is launched to the moon at 6:38.  Everyone assumes he is actually dead but he comes right back and finishes the match.

========================

Raychell Rose is a Texas indie Booker T trainee so she lays it in a little.  Billie Starkz is all over the place.

====================

This is that South Carolina indie that showed up in my feed a day or two ago.  Enjoy some Southern tag wrestling (sorta).

So much wrestling!  This is MARVELOUS invading Sendai Girls and it's a hoot.  If this wasn't an invasion match, it would be a veteran/newcomer vs veteran/newcomer tag match- and they sort of do that, in that DASH Chisako beats on Mei Hoshizuki (19 years old), but DASH sells a lot for Hoshizuki and Momono sells a lot for Yurika Oka (17 years old), which is awesome.  The first thing they have to establish is that Mio Momono is at DASH's level, since Mio is the tiny worker in her tag team with Ohka and isn't ever portrayed as an asskicker like DASH is portrayed.  DASH and Mio beat each other into equivalence and then set up the offense for the youngsters to elevate them to actual threats.  This is good.

===========================

It's Jun Akiyama and his two shmoes up against Ueno and MOA and some other guy!  I wish DDT was on the free internet more so I could learn everybody's names.  This is some quality Japanese wrestling, either way.

=================

It's that guy who was in ROH for about two weeks, Facade.  He is wrestling in that South Carolina indie.  He's kinda sloppy.  I dig his opponent, Jayce Carr.

• Like 2

I love el Hijo de Fishman.  He does a Death Valley Driver into the second row again, my favorite lunatic spot in current wrestling.

========================

According to cagenet.net, Madi Wrenkowski has been wrestling for a year and a half.  She understands key things about wrestling already.  Rachell Rose is trained by Booker T, so she'll lay it in. TEXAS INDIES~!

=============================

This is good.  I watch a lot of unwatchable indie lucha libre, so when a match like this makes it to the finish before I give up on it, IT'S A VICTORY!

On 4/21/2021 at 11:34 AM, DEAN said:

=======================

I have dug La Rosa Negra since way back when she would beat the hell out of folks in WWC in Puerto Rico.  Here, she is defending the Mission Pro belt against Sky Blue, who just had an ordeal wrestling Abadon yesterday on Elevation.  Rosa Negra's offense is scarier than Abadon and man, she lays it in.

========================

La Rosa Negra, still insanely talented and entertaining?  Confirmed!

• Like 1

Mio Momono, tiny... adorable... invades Sendai Girls Land.  Yurika Oka, seventeen years old, is the first line of defense against the MARVELOUS invasion.  Mio sells Oka's two zillion dropkicks and then sinks in a submission for the youngster to fight out of.  Then Mio misses on a big move and Oka gets some offense in.  Thus making it watchable!  Mio is a superworker! Elevating youngsters!  Allright!

===========================

El Hijo de Vikingo and Villano III Jr finally are in the same match together, bringin it as the other four in the match kinda do stuff.

===============================

Freya the Slaya is an Alaskan school teacher who wrestles like the long lost daughter of Judy Martin.  Sandra Moone is her spunky opponent.

Nanae Takahashi and Veny/ASUKA takes on Rina Yamashita and Honori Hana in a random match in SEAdLINNNG!

==============================

Kiera Hogan and Jazz wrestle in Tampa.  Kinda makes me wish I had followed Jazz's career.

=======================

Lady Shani and Ludark Shaitan are cousins but I think this is the first time they have been in a match together since Lady Shani became Lady Shani.  Ludark is awesome.

• Like 1