DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2021 Discussion of Wrestling

RIPPA

8 hours ago, The Natural said:

it's annoying when that happens, WWE on FOX twitter is guilty of that.

Here you go, Adam and to Americans here:

Fucking vicious chop by WALTER.

I know Shawn and Hunter think the World of WALTER but I wonder what Vince thinks of him. I imagine he'd be losing his shit over him, we atleast in the previous eras. Even with all his upside I'd still be nervous about how he'd be used on the main roster, just based off how a guy like Keith Lee has been booked.

• Like 1

Happy 62nd birthday to overall good guy Akira Maeda.

For all his flaws, he's one of the biggest stars of Japanese wrestling/combat sports that hardly anybody in the West gives too much of a shit about. A pioneer of sorts in terms of MMA too and an absolutely great wrestler. He's way more than kicking Choshu in the face and fucking w/ Andre. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ziggy said:

I know Shawn and Hunter think the World of WALTER but I wonder what Vince thinks of him. I imagine he'd be losing his shit over him, we atleast in the previous eras. Even with all his upside I'd still be nervous about how he'd be used on the main roster, just based off how a guy like Keith Lee has been booked.

Didn't WALTER only sign with the WWE under the condition he wouldn't be moved to the main roster?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ziggy said:

Singlet and shit booking. Example of, Survivor Series 2019.

1 hour ago, Wyld Samurai said:

Didn't WALTER only sign with the WWE under the condition he wouldn't be moved to the main roster?

I thought that. Bring WALTER in for the big events, big matches for that reason.

Roman Reigns spoke to Fox Sports about making his return to WWE TV last August: “I watched a couple of the shows. I did not follow it thoroughly. I tried to use as much of the time to be with my family and just really focus in and be present here at home, but on a few of the shows that I saw, I was just like, ‘Man, this is trash.’ Like, you know what I mean? And that’s me, from the very top, thinking this because I always want to be way better than everybody else. This is no disrespect to what they were doing. They were busting their ass working really hard. But, for me, I was like, ‘Man, I just know when it’s time to pull my trigger, I know exactly what I want to do. I know exactly the kind of stories I want to tell and the different tools I want to utilize in order to connect with our crowd, our audience that’s watching at home.’ But, I knew it was all based off of emotion. I knew I had to be emotionally connected to what I was doing to be able to wear the skin of the character that I’m trying to convey to our audience. So, that was the most important thing is that I could completely focus in and concentrate 100 percent on what I was trying to do and the emotions that I was trying to convey throughout my narratives.”

Taken from f4wonline.com hence the wall of text.

• Like 6

So what Roman is saying, and absolutely proving, is that if a wrestler has a good feeling about developing their character organically, it's probably gonna end up way better than if some failed sitcom writers do it? 

The heck you say. 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, christopher.annino said:

So what Roman is saying, and absolutely proving, is that if a wrestler has a good feeling about developing their character organically, it's probably gonna end up way better than if some failed sitcom writers do it? 

The heck you say. 

Well said. Remember Sufferin Succotash?

• Like 4

So the D&D UK Discord channel I'm in is officially an all ages, PG-13 server. So every time someone starts swearing, I post a Danhausen No Swearing gif. And now one of my players, who never watches any Wrestling (and never has), is following Danhausen on Twitter...

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 1/23/2021 at 1:58 AM, The Natural said:

Just added to WWE's YouTube. Enjoy everyone. The best Royal Rumble match of all time, Ric Flair going an hour and the best commentary to any match ever by Bobby The Brain Heenan/Gorilla Monsoon. *****.

To go with:

Watched the 1992 Royal Rumble match again and I stand by what I say about it.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, nofuture said:

It looks like the WWE Network is getting folded into NBC's Peacock streaming service for the tune of a billion dollars. 

Proud to say in the seven years the WWE Network ran, I was never a subscriber because I swore I’d never give WWE a dime again. Now it’s officially failed and has been absorbed into Peacock... a service I have because of my Xfinity subscription... and now my cable bill will help pay WWE.

Edited by Super Ape
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Here's some details

Spoiler

WWE Network will move to Peacock on March 18, beginning the roll-out of more than 17,000 hours of new, original, and library WWE Network programming on demand and on a 24/7 channel, including:

• All live pay-per-view events including “WrestleMania” and “SummerSlam;” “Fastlane” will be the first WWE pay-per-view to stream on Peacock on Sunday, March 21.
  • Original series like “Steve Austin Broken Skull Sessions,” “Undertaker: The Last Ride” and the all-new “WWE Icons;”
  • In-ring shows like “NXT,” “NXT UK” and “WWE 205 Live,” as well as replays of “Raw” and “SmackDown”;
  • WWE Network archives, including every WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-view event in history;
  • Groundbreaking documentaries, including “WWE 24,” “WWE Untold,” and “WWE 365;”
  • And, starting in 2022, one signature documentary annually

A couple of key points from the article

- Move will happen on March 18 (so pre-Mania obviously)

- This is for US subscribers only. Everyone else will access the Network as they currently do.

- WWE Network will be available on Peacock Premium (which includes ads) for $4.99 per month, half the price of WWE Network’s current $9.99/month pricing. The no-commercials Peacock Premium Plus plan, which costs $9.99/month, also will include WWE Network.

- And probably most importantly

The companies plans to share details of how existing WWE Network subscribers in the U.S. will be switched to Peacock (e.g., whether they will be automatically subscribed to Peacock) in the next few weeks.

• Thanks 1