DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY

RIPPA

Rhyno vs. Raven, WWF Backlash 2000 for Rhyno's WWF Hardcore Championship. A memorable spot both would repeat at TNA Unbreakable 2005 for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship held by Raven.

I also had to stop myself putting a y in Raven!

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Parker4060 said:

Been doing a "work rate history" of ROH on my blog.  Early ROH was insane. giphy.gif

Early ROH, CZW, TNA and FWA in the UK made me so blessed to be a wrestling fan back then. So much choice. I remember going to a few FWA shows and spending a fortune on wrestling tapes and then.

The one match I wish I could see again would be Low Ki and I think it was Da Hit Squad (Monsta Mack & Dan Maff) just destroy Special K.

I would definitely get Honor Club subscription if they had all of the ROH events.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Pete said:

Johnny Rodz wacky bump

Johnny Rodz makes with the wacky bump.

That's why he is thee Unpredictable One!

b035b68e4c87dcfd8c839b8a7583d6b9.jpg

Who the heck is Johnny Rodz Jr? HUNG GAR STYLE, FOOLS!!!! Tiger Jackson is sssoooooo good. I like how there is a "Special Appearance" by the promoter in the main event. If "FOR THE BENEFIT OF HANDICAPPED CHILDREN" isn't a worked charity, it should be, Community Mayors or not. This poster is so very NE '80s indy show, it hurts me in the heart.

- RAF

• Like 4

I have no idea where either the lighter or the flash paper came from in the Matsunaga gif. Nobody ever mentions this, but pro wrestling has a great deal of magician-ship in it. 

Someone needs to use THE MEAN ONE as a nickname again. Ox would approve. 

Is that Onryo getting Stunnered? If so there should be a plume of dust flying off of him.

22 hours ago, Boydy said:

Early ROH, CZW, TNA and FWA in the UK made me so blessed to be a wrestling fan back then. So much choice. I remember going to a few FWA shows and spending a fortune on wrestling tapes and then.

The one match I wish I could see again would be Low Ki and I think it was Da Hit Squad (Monsta Mack & Dan Maff) just destroy Special K.

I would definitely get Honor Club subscription if they had all of the ROH events.

Was that the match at the Rex Plex where (IIRC) Izzy messed up something and Ki lost his mind and just beat the fuck out of him? It was wild but just completely unprofessional, that guy could be a real dickhead.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

I have no idea where either the lighter or the flash paper came from in the Matsunaga gif.

Matsunaga had a Batman belt in his boots. He pulled out pliers, a lighter, an icepick, etc. from it during the Stop the Matsunaga angle.

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

Was that the match at the Rex Plex where (IIRC) Izzy messed up something and Ki lost his mind and just beat the fuck out of him? It was wild but just completely unprofessional, that guy could be a real dickhead.

That was later. That was a brutal beating. I remember Ki vs. Riddle getting booked for the first Blood Sport and Ki backed out and folks quickly pointed out how he'd end up with a toothless grill if he tried to take liberties with Riddle.

The DHS and Low Ki vs. Special K match he mentioned was from a different show in Boston before that.