DVDVR Message Board

JANUARY 2021 WRESTLING IMAGERY

RIPPA

Saw that thread yesterday, good stuff. 

True story; I (newly 5) got in trouble with my parents after seeing that Sarge fireball to Hogan. Our close neighborhood contingent had a big get together in our backyard, and I, in full view of everybody, threw a massive dirt cloud into my friend Tommy's face and quoted Sarge's "Now you're playing with fire!" (or whatever he said).

Good times.

Oh, months prior to this, when we were being kids and breaking stuff, some shrapnel struck my eye (I dont have vision problems. Just a wound.), and after seeing a doctor and getting eyedrops administered by my folks, I proceeded to sell each one like Jake Roberts after he had been blinded by the Model.

So yeah, I'm weird.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 3
  • Haha 10

4 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

True story; I (newly 5) got in trouble with my parents after seeing that Sarge fireball to Hogan. Our close neighborhood contingent had a big get together in our backyard, and I, in full view of everybody, threw a massive dirt cloud into my friend Tommy's face and quoted Sarge's "Now your playing with fire!" (or whatever he said).

Good times.

Oh, months prior to this, when we were being kids and breaking stuff, some shrapnel struck my eye (I dont have vision problems. Just a wound.), and after seeing a doctor and getting eyedrops administered by my folks, I proceeded to sell each one like Jake Roberts after he had been blinded by the Model.

So yeah, I'm weird.

We're all weird here. I used to re-create Royal Rumble eliminations. I was an only child, so that meant a lot of throwing myself off my bed.

I also DDT'd my female cousin, who was going through a tomboy phase and also watched wrestling, on our grandmother's thinly carpeted living room floor. My cousin was knocked out for probably close to ten minutes. After that, there was no more wrestling with my cousin.

During my senior year of high school, I took a clothes hamper to the face during a hardcore match. I wore that black eye like a badge of honor.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 2

Damn, @Nice Guy Eddie. Sounds like the Steamboat DDT.

I never really hurt anyone [Bret]. Closest I got was when I had a match vs my older step cousin and he bled hardway after a botched turnbuckle spot. I was scared shitless until he stumbled and blurted out to my nurse stepmother, "I'm fucking bleeding, aunt Joann!"

I cracked up.

He wasn't even mad.

She was. 

3 1/2 *.

Edited by PetrolCB
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, PetrolCB said:

True story; I (newly 5) got in trouble with my parents after seeing that Sarge fireball to Hogan. Our close neighborhood contingent had a big get together in our backyard, and I, in full view of everybody, threw a massive dirt cloud into my friend Tommy's face and quoted Sarge's "Now your playing with fire!" (or whatever he said).

Good times.

So yeah, I'm weird.

Semi related: I remember when Sarge turned heel it really upset me because he was a GI Joe and that should NEVER happen. And my dad told me he was just playing a character on TV, in an effort to cheer me up, and it was the equivalent of finding out there was no Santa to me as a 5-year-old.

Edited by Sammo~!
  • Like 2