DVDVR Message Board

IT'S WEDNESDAY, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS - NXT - 12/30/2020

Dolfan in NYC

The bigger issue that I've seen pointed out is that the total audience on Wednesdays is always in the 1.2-1.5M viewers range, and they just switch back and forth, but rarely, if ever, build on it. 

This is probably going to be a high (AEW) / low (NXT) week with a larger audience because a) people are off work, and b) people aren't traveling, and c) there's big news.  We'll see. 

3 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I wonder, if NXT did part of the show as a Luke Harper tribute, would people be happy they did something or just say WWE was trying to exploit his death to try and take viewers away from the competition? 

I think most would find that in poor taste, and rightfully so. I would think a sincere tribute would be on a show that featured most of his friends, like Smackdown. Are there even many currently featured on NXT that were close Brodie in the indies/Harper in WWE?

3 hours ago, Infinit said:

I think most would find that in poor taste, and rightfully so. I would think a sincere tribute would be on a show that featured most of his friends, like Smackdown. Are there even many currently featured on NXT that were close Brodie in the indies/Harper in WWE?

Breeze, Fandango, all the Undisputed Era guys, Gargano, Ciampa etc. Probably more i'm forgetting

Tonight's show was good. Dunne/Roddy and the main was good stuff. I also liked the Kyle promo and the backstory video to Rhea/Raquel. I hope with Metalik and Lince coming in to feud with the Legado guys that they stay around. Probably in just for the Dusty Classic in two weeks I would guess.

• Like 1

Dug Mercedes' squash. 

Dunne/Strong was quite good. As was Johnny/Ruff.

LDF vs. LHP was good. Would love to see Metalik & Dorado moved into NXT full time. It would be a much better use of both guys.

Dug most of the story segments and promos.

Finn & Kyle delivered good promos and their segment transitioned nicely into the Kross/Priest brawl. It was probably the best the latter two have looked in segments. Scarlett speaking and looking so excited at the carnage was nice as well. 

Rhea/Raquel had a great vid that put their rivalry into a new perspective.

New Year's Evil is looking great with all the build they have done. 

5 hours ago, Phil4126 said:

Do ratings really matter right now?

They should.  Holiday ratings probably matter less than other times of the year, but tv is a business.  

I’m not usually that interested in ratings, but I’m more curious about this week than I unusually am.

Nobody's saying the ratings are more important than that. A couple people merely expressed that they're "curious" or will find the results "interesting." It's well within the normal discourse here. If people have an interest in it, I don't see why it's out of bounds for them to discuss if they're inclined to do so. 

Everyone's well aware of the larger context here. Let's not go headhunting over people having an innocuous conversation. If you think it's not a conversation that matters, you're free to refrain from participating. 

Edited by Andy in Kansas

To try and shift the conversation away from that I haven't watched this yet (maybe will during the weekend) but I find it interesting that Dorado is on NXT.  I would have thought 205 Live would be a good fit but hardly anybody pays attention to that.  So if he has a better chance to do meaningful things there then I'm all for it.

10 minutes ago, NikoBaltimore said:

To try and shift the conversation away from that I haven't watched this yet (maybe will during the weekend) but I find it interesting that Dorado is on NXT.  I would have thought 205 Live would be a good fit but hardly anybody pays attention to that.  So if he has a better chance to do meaningful things there then I'm all for it.

It’s rumored that Andrade is going to be sent to NXT too, so I’m thinking we might get six-man tags with Escobar’s group.

Only drawback to that is that I much prefer Andrade as a heel.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Eoae said:

It’s rumored that Andrade is going to be sent to NXT too, so I’m thinking we might get six-man tags with Escobar’s group.

Only drawback to that is that I much prefer Andrade as a heel.

I was actually wondering recently where Andrade was considering he split from Zelina and what happened with her.  That would be interesting to see him there though he would need a good kayfabe explanation if he's doing a face run.