DVDVR Message Board

IT'S WEDNESDAY, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS - Dynamite - 12/30/2020

Dolfan in NYC

Man... Rowan making the save, Brodie Jr with the kendo stick shot, and the Discus Lariat for the finish. It feels genuinely good to know I wasn't the only one in tears today. 

It even got a little dusty in here when Boom Boom got a little Dusty in there. 

Loved Archer in the Harper gear.

Good job, AEW. Nicely done. Right way to do this.

Edited by El Gran Gordi
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Eqh_YaTXcAAx-Pf?format=jpg&name=large

What a beautiful tribute show to Mr. Brodie Lee. Kudos, AEW. R.I.P. Mr. Brodie Lee.

I came to basically say the same thing. Those damn ninjas got into my house, started chopping onions during the 10 bell salute, and haven't stopped yet.

God bless Brodie and his family

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Jiji said:

It's fucked up how good the matches were too. Everybody was busting ass for Brodie. 

Seriously. Absolutely no one would have blamed the wrestlers for taking it asy tonight, especially with the thrown together nature of the card. Instead they all did their best work (that was the most fired up i remember Cabana being in forever) and everything meant something. Even the spots to further angles did so without taking away attention from the bigger picture.

• Like 4

Absolutely well done tribute show. I wish I could say more but I just keep thinking about Brodie Jr getting involved and that ending. Goddammit we're still crying but love and appreciate what they did for the family. 

EDIT: Almost forgot Rowan with the sign. That match and after might be my favorite match of the night. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 4

Fucking AWESOME Show all the way around. This was about as perfect of a tribute show as there could be, the ideal "Brodie Lee Memorial Show". The matches were on fire, like a pseudo fantasy trios tournament, very old school feel to that.. Crockett Cup esque with some random style pairings, absolutely loved it. Whole show went by super quick when they said it was main event time, didn't seem like time at all. 

So many cool mark out moments. Cabana was on fire. LOVED Archer wearing the Harper gear, popped big for Evil Uno doing the Brodie "big boot while the ref is checking the opponent" spot, then popped huge for Jake busting out the short arm clothesline. Absolutely awesome. Marked out for the surprise Rowan appearance, that was just perfect, super cool that he got to be involved and a perfect spot for him to run in.  Brodie Jr's cane shot to MJF was just the best, nailed it. Laughed at the early match graphic saying Britt "w/ Reba" then her entrance namebar said "w/ Rebel not Reba". Fun main event, always digging Sting's entrance for the save.

The tribute video at the end was real killer to the emotions. Wonderful show, perfectly put together. I'm glad they redid things and ended the year with this special episode, now the start to the New Year feels bigger with the two stacked Smash shows. Great work, AEW remains on fire. RIP Brodie Lee.

• Like 7