DVDVR Message Board

IT'S WEDNESDAY, YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS - Dynamite - 12/30/2020

Dolfan in NYC

When we saw Colt come out crying - we lost it.
When we saw Silver and Renyolds and Page - we lost it.
When I saw Silver's outfit....and what he did after the match - we damn lost it.
When we saw Rowan....and that sign.....you better believe we lost it.
When we saw Cody crying - I actually stopped crying for some reason. It didn't affect me.

That was one of the best wrestling shows I've ever seen. I don't want to see it again.

Also, a high point - MJF's tights! He's Puerto Rican now? And Santana & Ortiz like him now?!

I'm all cried out today. I lost it again this morning at work.

Edited by The Green Meanie
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

I was thinking the same thing.  I don't know if that gear was just for last night but it's quite a different look compared to what he usually wears.

Silver said Brodie had purchased the outfit for him for something upcoming (possibly a BTE bit?) Wearing it last night was only appropriate.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Silver said Brodie had purchased the outfit for him for something upcoming (possibly a BTE bit?) Wearing it last night was only appropriate.

I can only imagine what he had planned. Some kind of mistaken identity between Brodie and silver would’ve been freakin hilarious. 

• Like 2

Fucking hell, if they turn Adam Page into the leader of the island of misfit toys and that's what eventually gets him out of his funk and over the hump with beating Kenny I will be so happy. There's no way the Dark Order are heels after last night. Preston Vance looks like a Spirit Squad member. Get that mask off of him. Beaver Boys for tag titles too.

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, The Green Meanie said:

Yep. That was a super special moment. I think between that and the jacket he paid about a grand. Which considering he barely knew Silver then shows how generous he was. 

Fuck I miss Brodie. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Fucking hell, if they turn Adam Page into the leader of the island of misfit toys and that's what eventually gets him out of his funk and over the hump with beating Kenny I will be so happy. There's no way the Dark Order are heels after last night. Preston Vance looks like a Spirit Squad member. Get that mask off of him. Beaver Boys for tag titles too.

I think Uno and Stu will be the ones to dethrone the Young Bucks when the time is right.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Did anyone catch that shot of Sting walking down the steps and then Darby chillin with his skateboard comes into the picture and they head out for battle? 

Amazing shot. 

I’m happy they haven’t given up on “lights out, lights on”. That’s been my favorite returning gimmick since AEW started.

4 hours ago, zendragon said:

And I wonder of this whole thing turns the Dark Order babyface? Reynolds and Silver are already tweeners with Page. Anna Jay and Tay are always going to be over with a segment of the audience (young guys) cause they are attractive. And Stu 5 and 10 are kinda non factors so them switching wouldn't make to much of a difference. The only one I'm not sure about is Evil Uno

Uno I think would make a great babyface based solely on him being entertaining and self deprecating, he's a funny guy and he just leaned into the absurdity of the Dark Order skits on BTE so I could see people cheering him as a slightly dorky mid card babyface.

10 seems like a long term project for the company, he looks the part and he's already well on his way. They seem to be progressing him slowly though.

Of the entire group, I think Stu could be a massive star. From seeing his stuff in other companies for years, he's a phenomenal in ring talent, he looks the part and BTE has shown that he's got a very quirky charisma to him.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, matt925 said:

I can only imagine what he had planned. Some kind of mistaken identity between Brodie and silver would’ve been freakin hilarious. 

This with John Silver's spot on impression of Mr. Brodie Lee on BTE:

06:12 to 08:17. Still makes me cry with laughter especially Sue fucking up the paper toss and everybody cracking up by it. YOU BETTER FALL THE FUCK DOWN FOR SUE!

Edited by The Natural

9 hours ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Did anyone catch that shot of Sting walking down the steps and then Darby chillin with his skateboard comes into the picture and they head out for battle? 

Amazing shot. 

In general the whole aesthetic of Sting’s entrance with the snow is amazing and I’m surprised it’s not been used before as it so atmospheric compared to random firework explosions. 

I wouldn’t mind if they kept it for Darby once Sting eventually leaves.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Natural said:

I was already wondering about Undertaker's awesome leather coat /duster on Broken Skull sessions bonus episode, but Sting has a hell of a piece of clothing on him right there! Yeah, it may be the one he always wears , but that would be a kick ass thing to wear and own!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, eikerir said:

In general the whole aesthetic of Sting’s entrance with the snow is amazing and I’m surprised it’s not been used before as it so atmospheric compared to random firework explosions. 

I wouldn’t mind if they kept it for Darby once Sting eventually leaves.

We've finally reached the point where there are wrestling fans not clued into Blood Runs Cold. ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Sad 1

AEW's put some post show The Celebration of Mr. Brodie Lee recollections on YouTube: Cody Rhodes, Anna Jay, Lance Archer and Britt Baker. In spoiler tags for size:

Spoiler

Moving.

I'm now an Adam Cole fan:

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

On 12/31/2020 at 8:21 PM, The Green Meanie said:

When I saw Silver's outfit....and what he did after the match - we damn lost it.

Something that really bothered me, but I made sure I re-watched last night before commenting to make sure I didn't mis-hear it, was JR making fun of Silver's gear.  He said "it makes him look like a farmer!"  Excalibur quickly mentioned for like the 5th time that it was gear Brodie Lee bought for Silver and that he was wearing it as a tribute (in other words, "JR please shut the fuck up"), but Ross couldn't let it go.  He said something to the effect of, "Yes, I'm sure you're right, but it makes him look like a trucker!" 

Making fun of the gear that the guy who fucking died bought for his friend, who is wearing it in tribute.  He is just such a classless, miserable carny. 

Also, in some sort of clumsy attempt to explain that Brodie had friends, he told a cynical story about an old timer who told him you're lucky to leave the business with five friends.  For fuck's sake.  It's a different business now and not everyone is a con man out for fuck each other like they were in his day.  What a useless relic this guy is, living in the past and romanticizing how awful things used to be. 

Those things were both so unnecessary on a tribute show and really bugged me on an otherwise absolutely wonderful presentation.  At this rate, any time some positivity or a light touch is needed, just mute his mic.

I need to make a New Year's resolution to not let Ross bother me, I guess.  We're going to get what we get unless he really steps over the line and gets fired.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1