DVDVR Message Board

RIP Brodie Lee/Luke Harper

Cried again reading through this morning, especially at Bray's Instagram post. It probably all wouldn't have hit me so hard, had I not heard Brodie a couple times on AEW Unrestricted and learned how much of a dad he was. Hell, in one appearance he's driving with at least one of his sons, and in the other he mentions one of the kiddos sleeping with the TNT Championship belt. I can't believe his family lost him the day after Christmas, for fuck's sake... But at least they have essentially an entire industry of people who cared about and loved their father, and they'll all help keep his memory alive for decades to come. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

Jon's favourite hockey team paying respects.

Everyone on Twitter is pouring out their hearts for the man... so of course the official WWE account posts this with all the warmth of store-brand oatmeal. You'd think they could read the room and try a teensy bit harder than GenericFormerTalentObituary.txt.

We watched Jojo Rabbit last night, so I was already in an altered mood when the news broke out. "Horrible" doesn't even begin to describe it- no words at all. Thankfully his many peers and friends have picked up the slack in spades... it's heartbreaking and heartwarming at once to see how much he was truly loved by everyone. RIP.

TBF, WWE has made several posts on their Twitter account and they have a more in-depth story on their website. They apparently had a collection of Luke Harper matches loaded onto the network quickly. Considering how coldly corporate they can be, they've done a pretty good job acknowledging this.

Edited by Burgundy LaRue
  • Like 6

While I may have seen him wrestle on other shows the one that sticks out right now is when I was there for Wrestlemania 34.  So that's pretty cool to say I was there when he won the tag titles. 

I also love the tributes that are coming from everywhere. Really makes me think about what will be done for the WWE and AEW shows. Maybe at least armbands with his name but I sense more than that. Also will be curious to see if they air BTE or change course. I would personally put a pause on that for a week. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NikoBaltimore said:

While I may have seen him wrestle on other shows the one that sticks out right now is when I was there for Wrestlemania 34.  So that's pretty cool to say I was there when he won the tag titles. 

I also love the tributes that are coming from everywhere. Really makes me think about what will be done for the WWE and AEW shows. Maybe at least armbands with his name but I sense more than that. Also will be curious to see if they air BTE or change course. I would personally put a pause on that for a week. 

I think we'll see a lot of tributes including video packages and armbands/name on wrist tape. Such a tragedy.

• Like 1

This is just absolutely horrible. And so out of the blue. If I had to guess who's RIP -thread I would be reading today, Brodie Lee would not even enter my mind, let alone be in the conversation. I wonder how long his situation had been critical? The overwhelming amount of people sharing their thoughts on Brodie, shows how well loved he was within the community. If he really wanted to wrestle so much, it's a real damned shame he wasn't allowed to do that towards the end of his WWE run. But at least he was then presumably able to spend much more time with his family.

I was so happy for him when his AEW career seemed to take off. What a terrible way to finish this  miserable year.

• Like 1

John Silver just posted a tribute where he said he'd been waiting every day to hear good news, so it's devastating to get the worst news possible.

• Sad 2

This is just horrible.  RIP to one of my favorite workers in recent memory.  He had all of the tools:  speed, power, psychology, and amazing technical ability.

2020 is the worst year ever.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

There's not a huge variety of news at the moment, so mainstream channels will jump. 

This really sucks though. Rough for everybody who knew him, and of course his family and Rochester community.

In the big scheme of things, it doesn't matter how they acknowledge his passing on WWE TV. Tributes are being paid, and I"m not going to get outraged if they won't ten bell him. However, I honestly think they should consider just doing the tribute show tomorrow.

11 hours ago, The Natural said:

Some GIF's from The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield classic match a number of posters have brought up from Elimination Chamber 2014:

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_n1hnmeHNeT1sbzhteo1_400.gif

4c110-2.gif

One of the best matches in WWE history and Harper was the MVP. A ***** match I'll be watching today.

Just finished watching The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield at Elimination Chamber 2014. It's all I said about the match. It's a masterpiece.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1