DVDVR Message Board

RIP Brodie Lee/Luke Harper

Good to see they put it on their Youtube.  Thought at first it'd just be on the network.

Something that dawned on me today was how practically everybody that talked about him mentioned just how giving and generous he was without wanting anything in return.  And it's not money per se but more he would give things like encouragement or a willingness to help in any way he could.  Without getting too philosophical I feel that there's quite a lot of people who do good things with some implied expectation of something in return.  Or they may humble brag to try and prop up their image.  I know for me I've been very guilty of that recently with some I know and it's made me re-think some things (nothing serious, just small examples that I've been pondering).  But without knowing the guy he gave so much of himself because that was just how he was.

I hope this is coming across the right way but for me it would be nice to take Brodie's example and try and implement that in my own life.  To give without expectation, to support just because, it's just something that feels right to do.  So hopefully this is something that works out because whether it's navigating my way through life or hopefully being a dad sometime this year I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to be like Brodie.  He set one helluva example that's to be admired.

Alright, philosophical stuff out of the way I got an email stating the tribute shirt's on its way.  So that will be cool to have.

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 5

35 minutes ago, Log said:

Ok, at about an hour in, they talk about someone taking their college football "glory days" way too seriously.  That has to be Roman, right?

My guess is it was Corbin, aka football tom, since I think he rides with breeze and was sort of in the spears/breeze circle

• Like 1

Jesus fucking Christ, wow. A triple post full of pictures and videos and tweets uninterrupted isn't enough, let's go for a double post immediately after with more pics and videos. Dude, you're a great guy and this isn't a personal attack, but can we look at giving him his own subforum so he doesn't spam all the other threads with endless videos/links/pics? Not one spoiler box for multiple pics and videos, not one use of the edit feature like Rippa called for in the pics/gifs thread on the first page

It'd be one thing if  each the majority of those posts weren't coming off like spamming posts for likes, but when half the posts on a single page seem to be one guy I mean, wow!  Maybe if each post was contribution to some overall discussion, and I know it's probably just my point of view but it really feels like the spamming posts back to back to back is for likes/reactions more than for discussion?

I'm glad to be in the wrong and be the asshole on this and if everyone else is fine with the board loading slowly on mobile devices due to multiple videos/pictures that don't take advantage of the spoiler box, then i'm the lone asshole and that's fine. And maybe nobody else's mobile device is slow, it's just mine since I'm out in the boonies for work and at home. That's also probably true.

Apologies for not taking this to PM's and I hate that this may be taken as a personal attack, but my browsing on the board relies on me being able to access the board in the first place and when Rippa opens the month saying "Use spoiler boxes for pic heavy/video heavy posts" and it gets ignored and I'm back to waiting forever to view a non picture thread load because its full of pictures... from the same poster.. 

Look I'm the asshole and I'm sorry for publicly venting. Can we please consider not everyone is able to post at home on a wireless network or hardwired router where picture/video heavy posts load instantly? 

Fuck me, I'm so sorry for all of this.

44 minutes ago, Hayabusa said:

Jesus fucking Christ, wow. A triple post full of pictures and videos and tweets uninterrupted isn't enough, let's go for a double post immediately after with more pics and videos. Dude, you're a great guy and this isn't a personal attack, but can we look at giving him his own subforum so he doesn't spam all the other threads with endless videos/links/pics? Not one spoiler box for multiple pics and videos, not one use of the edit feature like Rippa called for in the pics/gifs thread on the first page

It'd be one thing if  each the majority of those posts weren't coming off like spamming posts for likes, but when half the posts on a single page seem to be one guy I mean, wow!  Maybe if each post was contribution to some overall discussion, and I know it's probably just my point of view but it really feels like the spamming posts back to back to back is for likes/reactions more than for discussion?

I'm glad to be in the wrong and be the asshole on this and if everyone else is fine with the board loading slowly on mobile devices due to multiple videos/pictures that don't take advantage of the spoiler box, then i'm the lone asshole and that's fine. And maybe nobody else's mobile device is slow, it's just mine since I'm out in the boonies for work and at home. That's also probably true.

Apologies for not taking this to PM's and I hate that this may be taken as a personal attack, but my browsing on the board relies on me being able to access the board in the first place and when Rippa opens the month saying "Use spoiler boxes for pic heavy/video heavy posts" and it gets ignored and I'm back to waiting forever to view a non picture thread load because its full of pictures... from the same poster.. 

Look I'm the asshole and I'm sorry for publicly venting. Can we please consider not everyone is able to post at home on a wireless network or hardwired router where picture/video heavy posts load instantly? 

Fuck me, I'm so sorry for all of this.

Well the bolded is a contradiction for starters...

You've pissed me off with that and more so: "It'd be one thing if  each the majority of those posts weren't coming off like spamming posts for likes" and "I know it's probably just my point of view but it really feels like the spamming posts back to back to back is for likes/reactions more than for discussion?" Fuck you. Thanks for making a bad time worse.

I am trying not to do back to back posts and to use spoiler tags per the 2021 rules. Sometimes I slip.

Edited by The Natural

• Pete locked this topic