DVDVR Message Board

RIP Brodie Lee/Luke Harper

19 hours ago, TheVileOne said:

I don't think we are getting that anytime soon. To have his boss remove the article and take this route, especially when the article was riddled with spelling and grammatical errors, is...yeesh...

That may have been his only comment.

Wade then followed with his comment.

• Like 5

AEW signed Brodie Jr to a contract after he “beat” Omega for the title. It’s obviously just a nice gesture and not legally binding, but apparently Tony Khan told him that when he gets older, if he’s interested in becoming a wrestler, he has a home in AEW should he want it.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Jiji said:

Wrestling fandom has come a long way but still has so far to go.

While there are likely a small subset of wrestling fans that acted out of turn, I believe that her message was mostly delivered to the former PW Torch columnist and his libelous article and the reaction and subsequent pain that it has caused. I'm not the type to jump into wrestler's mentions, but from what I have seen on that, it has been as respectful as you can be with this type of awful tragedy and the understandable pain and grief that it has caused all of his loved ones, friends, and colleagues.

• Like 1

I'm trying to shake the funk of thinking about Brodie being gone. Watching these videos just makes me more upset and tomorrow will be rough. It's nothing compared to what his family must be going through though and maybe tomorrow they'll announce something we can donate money to.

For now, to at least cheer myself up, I'll just go out on a limb and say that I liked Mr. Brodie Lee's ring gear a lot, but what I loved even more were the suits he wore out of the ring and on BTE. He looked fucking awesome - like a million bucks. Easily the best dressed wrestler on this side of the pond and I'd put him up there with how boss some of the dudes from NJPW look. Cody thought he was the guy setting the bar for dressing like Flair. Brodie fucking big booted that bar and ran through it. It's really fucking weird, but I'll miss seeing that dude dressed up.

• Like 6