DVDVR Message Board

RIP Brodie Lee/Luke Harper

If anybody wants Luke Harper/Brodie Lee match recommendations:

The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield. WWE Elimination Chamber 2014 *****.

The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield. WWE RAW, 3rd March 2014.

Luke Harper vs. John Cena. WWE RAW, 24th March 2014.

The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield. WWE Main Event, 8th April 2014.

The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield. WWE RAW, 5th May 2014.

Luke Harper/Erick Rowan vs. The Usos. WWE Money in the Bank 2014 and WWE Battleground 2014.

Team Authority vs. Team Cena. WWE Survivor Series 2014.

Luke Harper vs. Dolphin Ziggler. WWE TLC 2014.

Luke Harper vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Bad News Barrett vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Dolphin Ziggler vs. Stardust vs. R-Truth. WWE WrestleMania XXXI.

Bray Wyatt/Luke Harper vs. Dean Ambrose/Roman Reigns. WWE SummerSlam 2015.

Bray Wyatt/Luke Harper vs. The Undertaker/Kane. Survivor Series 2015.

The Bludgeon Brothers vs. The New Day. WWE SummerSlam 2018.

The Bludgeon Brothers vs. The New Day. WWE Smackdown Live, 21st August 2018.

Luke Harper/Erick Rowan vs. Daniel Bryan/Roman Reigns. WWE Hell in a Cell 2019.

Mr. Brodie Lee vs. Jon Moxley. AEW Double or Nothing 2020.

Mr. Brodie Lee vs. Cody Rhodes. AEW Dynamite, 22nd August 2020.

Mr. Brodie Lee vs. Cody Rhodes. AEW Dynamite, 7th October 2020.

Hope this is useful and yes, I'm keeping THAT autocorrect in.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So fucking heartbroken. I woke up late today crying. This is the hardest I've been hit. Brodie was so nice and hilarious and every little thing I read about him by someone else his harder and harder. 

I just want him back so he can be with his family. I just want him back. I fucking hate this. 

• Sad 3

2 minutes ago, Craig H said:

So fucking heartbroken. I woke up late today crying. This is the hardest I've been hit. Brodie was so nice and hilarious and every little thing I read about him by someone else his harder and harder. 

I just want him back so he can be with his family. I just want him back. I fucking hate this. 

I agree with all you say. It's a fucking tragedy. Feel so bad for his wife and two young kids.

Total gut punch. 

Lawful Jr. and I re-watched the Shield v. Wyatts from EC 2014 and it's a bona fide 5 stars.  Also crazy to think at the time, but he was the absolute best wrestler in the ring for that match.  Better talker than all but Moxley and maybe Bray, and by far a better worker than all of them. 

I just bought Lawful Jr. a Brodie Lee / Dark Order shirt for Christmas. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lawful Metal said:

Total gut punch. 

Lawful Jr. and I re-watched the Shield v. Wyatts from EC 2014 and it's a bona fide 5 stars.  Also crazy to think at the time, but he was the absolute best wrestler in the ring for that match.  Better talker than all but Moxley and maybe Bray, and by far a better worker than all of them. 

I just bought Lawful Jr. a Brodie Lee / Dark Order shirt for Christmas. 

Agree with all you say. I watched Wyatts vs. Shield at Elimination Chamber 2014 back today. My opinion still stands that it's a ***** match and Luke Harper was the Man of the Match.

11 hours ago, Death From Above said:

I don't even know what to say. He spent years grinding for it then he finally had something big going on. What the fuck.

This is very nearly the plot of Soul. So watching that and Brodie passing the same day feels extra hard. 

• Like 1

I'm at least laughing my fucking ass off. 

More than anything, this is who Brodie became for me - the loving father, the nice guy, and the absolutely fucking hilarious guy on BTE that wasn't far off from his real life personality. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Pete said:

Everyone on Twitter is pouring out their hearts for the man... so of course the official WWE account posts this with all the warmth of store-brand oatmeal. You'd think they could read the room and try a teensy bit harder than GenericFormerTalentObituary.txt.

Let's really not do this, please. We're better than Wrestling Twitter.

53 minutes ago, The Natural said:

If anybody wants Luke Harper/Brodie Lee match recommendations:

The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield. WWE Elimination Chamber 2014 *****.

The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield. WWE RAW, 3rd March 2014.

Luke Harper vs. John Cena. WWE RAW, 24th March 2014.

The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield. WWE Main Event, 8th April 2014.

The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield. WWE RAW, 5th May 2014.

Luke Harper/Erick Rowan vs. The Usos. WWE Money in the Bank 2014 and WWE Battleground 2014.

Team Authority vs. Team Cena. WWE Survivor Series 2014.

Luke Harper vs. Dolphin Ziggler. WWE TLC 2014.

Luke Harper vs. Daniel Bryan vs. Bad News Barrett vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Dolphin Ziggler vs. Stardust vs. R-Truth. WWE WrestleMania XXXI.

Bray Wyatt/Luke Harper vs. Dean Ambrose/Roman Reigns. WWE SummerSlam 2015.

Bray Wyatt/Luke Harper vs. The Undertaker/Kane. Survivor Series 2015.

The Bludgeon Brothers vs. The New Day. WWE SummerSlam 2018.

The Bludgeon Brothers vs. The New Day. WWE Smackdown Live, 21st August 2018.

Luke Harper/Erick Rowan vs. Daniel Bryan/Roman Reigns. WWE Hell in a Cell 2019.

Mr. Brodie Lee vs. Jon Moxley. AEW Double or Nothing 2020.

Mr. Brodie Lee vs. Cody Rhodes. AEW Dynamite, 22nd August 2020.

Mr. Brodie Lee vs. Cody Rhodes. AEW Dynamite, 7th October 2020.

Hope this is useful and yes, I'm keeping THAT autocorrect in.

This is a useful list. Just to add a few:

• Luke Harper vs Randy Orton, Elimination Chamber 2017 (Arguably his biggest singles match in WWE)
  • Harper vs Dominik Dijakovic, World's Collide: NXT vs NXT Alumni (First televised match in almost eight months, and both worked like they had a lot to prove)
  • Any Harper/Brodie vs Cesaro/Claudio match
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is one of my all-time favorite moments in NXT. It's right after The Wyatts made their debut on Raw and return home as conquering heroes to say goodbye. They absolutely destroy their opponents (pre-push Aiden English) and then Bray cuts an all-time banger of a promo. But what I really love about it is Brodie's reaction in the background -- a "Wow" that just sort of looks like he's recognizing that The Wyatt Family has finished its NXT masterpiece and they're now going to places they could not have ever expected.

I've watched Wyatts vs. Shield so many f'n times. They teased the feud at one of the shows in London when both groups were beefing with Daniel Bryan and CM Punk. That was just an electric moment because both sides started shit-talking each other and the crowd realized what they were seeing and started chanting FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT like they were a bunch of high school kids watching the two baddest dudes in school square up. 

There is so much to love about ALL of The Wyatt vs. Shield matches. But the first one is legitimately my favorite match of all-time and just a masterpiece of what wrestling is all about. Even though everyone is amazingly in character in that match, you can just tell that those six dudes loved working with each other and they knew it was just a magical pairing. Brodie has so many awesome moments in that match. I don't remember if he did a dive to the floor in the WWE before that match, but that moment really stood out to me as something that took the match to the next level -- that these guys were all laying it on the line to show that their tribe was the one ruling the table. There's also an incredible character moment at the start of the third act of the match, which is when Roman is the last one standing for The Shield where Harper makes an offering of sorts to Bray, which is the moment that triggers Reigns to start to rally. And, of course, Harper took the spear that allowed his leader to pin Roman. 

He was just a great worker and really got his character.

I believe he got the name Brodie Lee because he's a huge Kevin Smith fan. Brodie is the name of Jason Lee's character in Chasing Amy, so he combined the two. And someone I knew in Chikara said that Brodie when he first started wanted to be a breakdancing goofball type since that's very much his personality (as made clear in all of the posts about him) but someone convinced him instead that he'd be much better served working as a monster big man type, which is what he ended up doing but. he had the athleticism to also break out hurucanranas that made him look even wilder.

He will truly be missed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

I sadly missed out on most of Huber's career but this death is still hitting me hard. I've never seen such an outpouring of emotion from everyone in the business as well as fans. I think the first match I ever saw him in was that Randy Orton one before Wrestlemania and I thought he was awesome. I'm glad he got to spend a few months as a top player in AEW when it seemed he was going nowhere in WWE. I'm gonna have to go check out that Shield/Wyatt 6 man cuz y'all talk that up all the time.