DVDVR Message Board

RIP Brodie Lee/Luke Harper

I feel for you guys. I feel for his co-workers. I feel for his wife. I am heartbroken for his kids. I am staggered by the death toll of 2020 all around the country and the world, and feel for everyone who lost a parent, grandparent, spouse, kid, or friend.

I liked him as a wrestler, especially the idea of him. I was disappointed he wasn't pushed more, wasn't agented better.

He still had so much to contribute as a wrestler, a family man, and an all around human being.

Even in 2020, a death like this feels more like the exception than the sort of rule it was between 99 and 09 or so. That some how makes it feel more tragic and not less.

• Like 9

If wrestling was based on a form of realism and not worried about storylines,  Bray would be on RAW Monday in his rocking chair with Braun reluctantly next to him saying that Instagram post

But glad he poured out his soul for all.  Showing how much of a family it really was

Edited by hammerva
  • Like 1

Wow these stories are incredible.  An incredible talent but then an incredible man.  Great father,  husband...  friend.  Ugh.   I was so excited to see him in AEW because he had so much to give.  We saw a glimpse of it and I am thankful for that. Brodie as leader of the Dark Order was beginning to round into a great act..  they had that awesome segment with the Nightmare Family a few months ago. 

I think looking back ...  I know the WWE Hall of Fame is what it is...  but The Wyatt Family to me is a hall of fame stable.  They accomplished so much, so many memorable moments.   I'd like to see them inducted and for Bray to do the speech and just ramble off a few Brodie stories..   that would be a special thing. 

• Like 4

A few years back WWE had a house show in town. I decided to treat myself with a front row seat as I'd never sat front row in all the shows I've ever been to over the years. One moment that always stands out to me is when the Wyatt family had their match against the Usos. The Wyatts were in the corner right in front of me and Harper was playing to the crowd. He looked at me, pointed at my Sami Zayn shirt, and gave me a thumbs down. It was a little thing. A tiny moment. But it was a really cool moment for me and one I think of every time I put on that shirt and every time I've seen him on screen since. That's all I've got. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, John E. Dynamite said:

I don't think this sentiment comes from a bad place, not in the slightest, but "the show must go on" is a cast mentality first and foremost. I'm speaking for a dead man I never met beyond the guardrails of the ECW Arena, but Brodie wants his friends to perform. It's going to be as emotional a two hours as anything could be, but I find no small solace in the fact that so many of his friends have the platform of pro wrestling to express their admiration and grief, along with an audience with whom those feelings will resonate. 

Oh I get that totally. I'm sure guys will be doing his spots all night long. 

They could maybe upload a tribute show to Youtube or something. 

I think the last time I saw Brodie wrestle live was the battle royal at WrestleMania 35 and we were all excited to see him come out.  Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I think he might have been off TV for a while prior to that but anyway we were all excited and everyone around us was happy to see him.. cheering him on.  Nothing came out of it in WWE but it was cool to see him.  

Also,  the Bludgeon Brothers were fucking awesome!  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Natural said:

One of the best matches in WWE history and Harper was the MVP. A ***** match I'll be watching today.

I know the Shield were all being figured in to future plans at this point in their career, but I think that this match is what solidified 4 out of the 6 participants as believable future world champions in the eyes of the company, and Harper was a big factor in that. 

• Like 3