DVDVR Message Board

RIP Brodie Lee/Luke Harper

40 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

What kind of lung issue could he have had he was so young this is so sad,  so shocking. He was one of my favorites.  I was so excited to see him over in AEW doing his own thing, such a great talent.  Man will be missed.  So sad.

@Niners Fan in CT  I'm no doctor, but I'd guess it's one of two things:  An embolism (which as a professional athlete/performer, he'd probably have known about and probably been treating) or, and here's where I'd put my money, a very aggressive cancer.   Frankly the timeline fits.  

I feel awful for his family.  Dude is several years younger than me and gone.  ?   What terrible news. 

• Sad 7

Brodie was a never a favorite for me, but I enjoyed his work, and it was nice to hear how well things were mostly goign for him in AEW. This just feels so random and wrong with how old he was. I really sorry for his family.

3 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

The Wyatt Family vs. The Shield is one of the best feuds of all time for my money...  I don't know if I've seen a crowd that electric since.. at least not in WWE.   

Agreed. Before the first Wyatt Family vs. Shield match at Elimination Chamber 2014, the crowd were actually chanting "This is awesome" as both teams faced off in a stare down. I love that match. Brought that up many times here.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

@Niners Fan in CT  I'm no doctor, but I'd guess it's one of two things:  An embolism (which as a professional athlete/performer, he'd probably have known about and probably been treating) or, and here's where I'd put my money, a very aggressive cancer.   Frankly the timeline fits.  

When they took Brodie off TV in early October, he was off everything. No promos from his lair, no BTE, no nothing. Meltzer reported an ankle injury but that might have been a cover. I guess if something had happen during a surgery during the time away an embolism could have happened? Cancer's an easier call but I have no idea. I'm not a doctor, I'm just publicly grief-speculating.

Moxley, Dustin, Cody, Kingston, Orange Cassidy, PAC, Jericho, Hager, Miro, Uno, Greyson, god damn, Brodie wasn't just some guy who went to AEW because he didn't like his old boss. He had roots with so much of that locker room. I can't imagine the mood in Jacksonville right now., my heart goes out. When they open Dynamite with everyone doing the claw thing I'm going to cry like a baby. A true live AEW crowd never even got to see him...

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

The hell, man. 2020 couldn't let us have even the LAST FUCKING WEEK, could it? This makes no sense. My heart goes out to his friends and family.

I saw him main event a Chikara show in Ottawa shortly before he went to the WWE, and it's the only part of the card that really stands out in my memory still. It's a shame he never got the chance to really, truly show what he could do on the national stage.