DVDVR Message Board

RIP Brodie Lee/Luke Harper

There have been so many unexpected wrestler deaths over the years, but this one really shocked me. He was an incredibly underrated wrestler who looked to finally be on a path to getting the recognition he deserved. Beyond that he was by all accounts a genuinely good human which is an even bigger loss.

• Like 2

I attended four WWE Live shows between April 2015-November 2016 and I always looked to see if Luke Harper was going to be there because as noted earlier, he's a favourite of mine but missed out on that. Such a sad and shocking loss. RIP Luke Harper/Brodie Lee and condolences to his family and friends xxx.

Brodie’s one of those guys you watch growing into an impact talent before your eyes for me. I remember him debuting in CHIKARA wearing Tassles, basically as Jimmy and Colin Olsens taller friend. Shortly after he redebuted, wearing what was mostly his most famous Indy look as “The Big Rig”, and proceed to Big Boot Tim Donst out of his shoes. From then he skyrocketed in the company and had an awesome feud with Claudio, up until the WWE came calling. And as Luke Harper he was sensational. I still think the Wyatts/Shield first 6 man holds as one of my tip top matches of the decade, and he is the best man in that match. I, to this day, think WWE fucked up big not including Brodie in the Wyatt/Orton title match. And he should have won. 

One of my favorite talents of the last 15 years. I can’t speak for the man, though everything I’ve heard has been exceptional. But the performer was masterful. And this fucking sucks.

• Like 8

This weekend has been real shitty. First the Nashville bombing, now Brodie has died? What the fuck man. I think this one might crack me, I'm already tearing up reading everyone on Twitter paying their respects. Fuck fuck fuck.

• Like 4

I wish I could find the words but I'm just in shock that he passed. This really, really fucking sucks and I almost don't want to believe it's real. RIP, Brodie to say the least. 

EDIT: Just went on Twitter and it's sinking in now. I'm just beyond devastated. The guy was one of the best dudes in the business and it shows with how much love and respect he's getting from everybody. Just such a great man and to say he'll be missed will be a huge understatement. 

Edited by NikoBaltimore
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1