DVDVR Message Board

RIP Brodie Lee/Luke Harper

This is going to take a long time to come to terms with. I have never heard anybody speak ill of that man, shit, never less than heaps of praise. From all I've heard, he was a very caring guy and a dedicated family man. 

• Like 2

Can't sleep so gone online. Fuck. One of my favourites. The Shield vs. The Wyatt Family at Elimination Chamber 2014 was my MOTY, a ***** match and he was the MVP in it, impressively so with the talent involved. Fuck. Thoughts go out to Brodie Lee/Luke Harper's family and friends xxx.

• Like 5

Tried to embed IG post but it wouldn't work.

mandahuber

My best friend died today.

I never wanted to write out those words. My heart is broken. The world saw him as the amazing @brodielee (fka Luke Harper) but he was my best friend, my husband, and the greatest father you would ever meet. No words can express the love I feel or how broken I am right now. He passed surrounded by love ones after a hard fought battle with a non Covid related lung issue. The @mayoclinic is literally the best team of doctors and nurses in the world who surrounded me with constant love.

On top of that, I can’t express my love and admiration for the way @allelitewrestling has treated not only my husband but myself and my kids. @margaret.stalvey @meghalegalgirl10 @americannightmarecody @thebrandirhodes @nickjacksonyb @mattjackson13 @kennyomegamanx @tonyrkhan and the rest of the team at AEW have helped keep me standing and pick up all the broken pieces.

I’ve been surrounded by so much love and incredible people I can’t tag them all but they know who they are and I don’t think they will ever know how thankful I am for them.

• Like 2
  • Sad 4

Gutted. Beyond anything wrestling related, he just seemed like a really good and genuine guy who cared about his family and enjoyed his life. 

One of my fave stories about him was on an old episode of The Butcher and The Blade's podcast where they talked about how he had a day off from WWE and turned up at the local wrestling school in Buffalo and just offered advice and helped out because he wanted to help guys get better. 

41 is waaaaaaay too fucking young. Fuck.

• Like 1