DVDVR Message Board

NXT - 2021

Dolfan in NYC

Those NXT ring entrances with the very specific camera angles, they probably look very different if you're actually there live. Any time someone's going out of their way to only acknowledge the camera and not involve the people at all, that's going to alienate the people.

3 hours ago, AxB said:

Those NXT ring entrances with the very specific camera angles, they probably look very different if you're actually there live. Any time someone's going out of their way to only acknowledge the camera and not involve the people at all, that's going to alienate the people.

Also known as... every WWE TV product in existence. It's a literal rule to not look at any camera outside of hard cam.

I agree with you 100% but that's what they want out of the talent. Strict rule, no shit talking to the the camera Harlem Heat style for some reason.

• Like 1

New name alert

Harlem Bravado - Andre Chase
Drew Kasper - Brutus Creed
Jacob Kasper - Julius Creed
Avery Taylor - Jacy Jayne

I am amused that they are already setting up the Kaspers turning on each other

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 6/26/2021 at 6:34 PM, RIPPA said:

Drew Kasper - Brutus Creed
Jacob Kasper - Julius Creed
I am amused that they are already setting up the Kaspers turning on each other

They're actually telegraphing the feud by naming them Brutus and Julius.

7 hours ago, Gorman said:

Julius will turn on Brutus on March 9. 

"I knew you would have turned on me next week!"

"Hey, those who fail to learn from history...fail history! I wasn't going to be one of those guys!"

• Like 2

The are going to run some Breakout Tournament matches on 205 Live

A pair of matches with NXT Breakout Tournament implications will take place on this week's episode of 205 Live.

WWE has announced that two Breakout Tournament qualifying matches will air on 205 Live this Friday night. The qualifying matches are: Guru Raaj vs. Andre Chase (Harlem Bravado) and Desmond Troy vs. Joe Gacy.

"Just as it did during the Men's and Women's Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classics, 205 Live will make an exception to its typical 205-pound weight limit, and the prestigious NXT Breakout Tournament will instead take center stage," WWE wrote.

Raaj wrestled at WWE Superstar Spectacle earlier this year and lost to Finn Balor. The event featured wrestlers from Raw, SmackDown, and NXT and spotlighted WWE's Indian talent.

Chase and Gacy both formerly wrestled for EVOLVE and are making their WWE debuts in their qualifying matches. Troy (real name Denzel Dejournette) joined the WWE Performance Center in 2018 after having been an All-American amateur wrestler at Appalachian State University. Last year, he made appearances where he lost matches on NXT, Raw, SmackDown, and Main Event.

It was announced on this Tuesday's NXT that the Breakout Tournament would be making its return. It will feature eight participants, with the winner getting a shot at the NXT title of their choosing. The tournament will begin on the Tuesday, July 13 episode of NXT.

They announced three international signings

Feicheng Wang stands 6-foot-2 and weighs 242 pounds. The Chinese recruit was trained for the ring by former WWE PC coach Hartley Jackson and Japanese wrestler and mixed martial artist Alexander Otsuka.

Sean Tan comes to the Performance Center from Singapore, where he competed under the name Trexxus. The 25-year-old is a former Singapore Pro Wrestling Southeast Asia Champion.

Jie Yin is a Chinese athlete who brings experience in CrossFit to the PC. In addition to being a champion indoor rower, Yin placed second in the CrossFit China Open and competed in the Asia CrossFit Championship.

@DEANwill want to see that bolded part

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Next week's show will be live but then they are taping 2 weeks on Wednesday

Due to the Olympics - NXT is being moved to Syfy so those are the two shows being taped

7 hours ago, ChesterCopperpot said:

They just announced WALTER vs Dragunov for the UK title at Takeover 36 

I liked WALTER vs. Ijla Dragunov but not to the extent others did. I'd rather have WALTER vs. Tyler Bate II (still the best WWE match of both men, a ***** bout) and WALTER vs. Finn Balor. You could have had the latter if Finn stayed in NXT an extra month. Miffed we missed that opportunity band how it was going to be in the NXT UK TakeOver before things turned to shit with the global pandemic. Really hope Ijla doesn't win.

Edited by The Natural

On 7/25/2021 at 7:28 AM, Go2Sleep said:

I'd accept Walter losing to Ilja if it meant Walter was staying in America.

Whatever brings us closer to the possibility of WALTER vs. Samoa Joe.

• Like 3

Even though I'm not Cole's biggest fan, AEW seems like a perfect fit for him. Way more upward mobility and gets to spend more time with Britt. Plus he's the good kind of impact signing for AEW as a guy who's been on the rise in the indies and NXT for the last decade, but still hasn't peaked at the highest level. He has enough name value to turn heads, but he's not gonna come across as a washed dude who the upstart promotion just picked up because he worked WWE before.