DVDVR Message Board

NXT - 2021

Dolfan in NYC

On the Takeover phone call - Triple H said that for now Takeover Summerslam (or whatever they call it) will be at the CWC

However - he noted that they had "the flexibility to change that" which really comes across as they want to be somewhere in Vegas but haven't secured a location yet

Is the amphitheater they ran Mania IX in still around?  

Because HHH might be fully erect for 3 straight hours if he can get a Roman gladiator themed Takeover.   

• Haha 3

Joe as the new GM is fine I guess. Hopefully he's just a more spry version of Regal, I'd hate to see any authority figure on the show with a bigger role. If they wanted to try something novel, Joe could hire wrestling security that could properly do their jobs, which seems to be Regal's biggest issue.

A propos to nothing, but when Roddy Strong "quit" NXT, was there a plan in place, where that was supposed to lead? Considering Cole was AWOL for a bit there and Fish was ready to return, I figured 3-man UE would move on to one of the main rosters (which would probably work out about as well as Retribution and SaNitY did), but nothing seems to be happening. Can anyone shed a light on this one?

Dave's reporting that ring entrances have been shortened because HBK said "[a long entrance] gives the audience a chance to check out AEW."  

For some reason, he also added this was HBK's wife's opinion, because...  well, misogyny, I guess?  

Also, AEW and NXT haven't gone head to head on TV for a couple of months now, so...  

Here is the full blurb

One of the reasons the ring entrances have been cut back on as far as time on the NXT TV show is Shawn Michaels felt that long ring entrances gave the viewers more time to check out AEW. Even though that’s no longer an issue, because Michaels is Paul Levesque’s main guy, they have done it with the idea of getting more time for in-ring and angles. Whether this is true or not, within the company the story that has gone around is that it was Rebecca, Shawn’s wife, who was watching the show and told him she thought the ring entrances were too long and giving people too much time to switch stations, and he brought that up to Levesque.

Folks trying to make something nefarious out of it is silly

• Like 2

I know that was the speculation but I hadn't seen anyone actually say "It Is Her"

Of course I also don't but it past the WWE to make a switch when it comes time for the actual wrestling

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Dave's reporting that ring entrances have been shortened because HBK said "[a long entrance] gives the audience a chance to check out AEW."  

For some reason, he also added this was HBK's wife's opinion, because...  well, misogyny, I guess?  

Also, AEW and NXT haven't gone head to head on TV for a couple of months now, so...  

Yet Kross still gets to have his boring interminable entrance. I fast forward through that thing every damn time.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2021 at 8:43 PM, Ace said:

Karrion Kross is 2021 Marc Mero.

Kross wishes he had enough charisma to spray-tan himself up and get a silly gimmick over like gangbusters.

Edited by Eoae

In the new WON - Meltzer confirmed that Kross and Reed are both officially on the list to be called up (potentially as part of the draft). Scarlett may or may not be too - it seems like it might depend on if they split them up or not.

Here is the blurb

NXT heavyweight champion Karrion Kross and North American champion Bronson Reed, along with Scarlett, were at the 6/18 Smackdown tapings. Kross worked a match with Ziggler during the afternoon with the writing staff watching and Reed wrestled Roode. Both are now on the list for being brought up, perhaps in the draft. So they wanted everyone to see what they bring to the table from a live perspective and start coming up with ideas to debut them. People will question how Kross beating the top guys in the company like he was Reigns and then leaving makes sense. I guess we’ll have to wait how it plays out because it is the opposite of what would make usual booking sense right now. This week they were looking at Kross and Scarlett not as a couple as they put Kross in with Benjamin at the Main Event tapings without Scarlett. Kross won that one and the other Main Event bout saw Reed beating Drew Gulak. There was talk of Scarlett getting a look on 6/25 without him

14 minutes ago, hammerva said:

Given that it makes Karrion Kross looks like nothing I don't blame them.   I have to think they are going to put Scarlett and the smoke entrance on the main show because if not then he is screwed before he even started

Without the spectacle of Karrion Kross's NXT entrance with Scarlett, he's screwed. So nondescript.

Edited by The Natural

4 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Without the spectacle of Karrion Kross's NXT entrance with Scarlett, he's screwed.

Like AxB said in the Main Event thread, he had two things going for him and they took them both away. And like I said over there, that sounds about right. As in, that sound exactly like something they would do and then blame Kross for not getting over.

• Like 1