DVDVR Message Board

NXT - 2021

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, WholeFnMachine said:

I had thought that it was revealed the charge against him was baseless? 

Gaslighting. Him and Matt Riddle, both. Complete radio silence for ages, and then "I was exonerated months ago, you must have missed it".

12 hours ago, AxB said:

Gaslighting. Him and Matt Riddle, both. Complete radio silence for ages, and then "I was exonerated months ago, you must have missed it".

Thanks for the clarification on Devlin, I knew about Riddle but I thought Devlin had been totally cleared.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WholeFnMachine said:

Thanks for the clarification on Devlin, I knew about Riddle but I thought Devlin had been totally cleared.

I'm guessing it's more like they sent the blind refs looking and they couldn't come up with any evidence, so they said "yeah, he's clear!"

Edited by Shartnado
Grammar

2 hours ago, hammerva said:

So tomorrow it will be WALTER vs Drake Maverick.  Oh well Drake will still have a hot wife near him while in the emergency room 

You know I'm excited for WALTER/Ciampa, but somehow I'm even more excited for the slaughter poor Drake is about to go through, especially if it later leads to Dain challenging.

• Like 1

WALTER/Ciampa is the match I'm most looking forward to at NXT TakeOver: Stand and Deliver. I hope we get WALTER vs. Finn Balor as we going to get it. Like to see WALTER vs. Gargano so the latter has to get away from his style of match. Bonus seeing WALTER chop the shit out of him.

Edited by The Natural

It would be nice, but I kind of suspect WWE as a whole has pissed off enough of those fans that they likely won't come back any time soon. I think most found what they are looking for in AEW and won't return.

27 minutes ago, Eivion said:

It would be nice, but I kind of suspect WWE as a whole has pissed off enough of those fans that they likely won't come back any time soon. I think most found what they are looking for in AEW and won't return.

Like when the wcw fan base was runoff, those fans simply disappeared. Think the same happens with wwe. After all this time aew isn’t gaining any new viewers. In theory both shows should get a bump but we’ll see how much. 

3 hours ago, matt925 said:

Like when the wcw fan base was runoff, those fans simply disappeared. Think the same happens with wwe. After all this time aew isn’t gaining any new viewers. In theory both shows should get a bump but we’ll see how much. 

Neither show has ever gotten that much of a bump during the few times they’ve run unopposed.

For a guy that IMO can give a good rah-rah speech I'm incredibly baffled by HHH's attempt to make chicken salad.  He pretty much said that AEW ran them off to another night even though that's not quite true.  He would have been much better off mentioning the stuff about changes with the channel instead.

So apparently he never actually said any of that.

The “bully” line never being used was also confirmed by Fightful Select. Their report noted that multiple sources have vehemently denied that Triple H said anything resembling that NXT was “bullied” off Wednesday nights. It was also reported how Triple H focused heavily on the reasons for the move to Tuesdays, telling the NXT roster that going on a night after RAW is a good thing for the brand.

Triple H also said the move to Tuesdays has been in the works for a while, noting that USA Network officials first considered the move as far back as last year. He also said there are a lot of opportunities with the NXT replay airing on Peacock, and he hopes that people focus more on the show rather than the viewership & ratings now that the change is happening. As mentioned before, it was noted how everything is going to change for the brand now that they are on Tuesdays with RAW serving as somewhat of a lead-in.

Edited by Tuna Boss

Okay, now that sounds a lot better.  Regardless of the reasons it's gotta be a tough pill to swallow for them having to move when they've been on Wednesdays for a long-ass time.   But with Dark not being as much of a must-see due to Elevation I can see myself tuning in live which is good for me.  I honestly do hope the ratings go up as while they might not focus on it it at least would be a sign that moving was the right call after all.